Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Atkins Diet Question

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I was really bad throughout the holiday season and once again am back on the induction phase of Atkins for a couple of weeks, to regroup ... my question is, does anyone besides me have trouble with breaking out in the first week or so of this diet?

Phero Pro

Default Re: Atkins Diet Question

i didn\'t. Then again I have never had a problem with breaking out.

Journeyman

It is not uncommon with atkins. Remember you are increasing your oil intake, and that shows on the skin. However, I would first seek a dermatologist to rule out allergies.

For example, I suffered from breakouts. Although I have used hormones, It turned out to be an allergy to anti-bacterial soap.....I switched to dove unscented, and it cleared up..

Also to note, I get better responses from the opposite sex with this unscented soap(sans pheromone).

Another item I use during my cutting cycles is Guggulsterones(plant species commiphora mukul) std. 75mg per day. I have noticed improved skin complection(again check with dermatologist to rule out allergies.)

Mike

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'m allergic to a lot of things but I never considered the oil. DUH. Every single time I go on Atkins, I break out in the first three days. Then it clears up and doesn\'t happen again as long as I stay on it. Dove unscented is my house soap, so to speak. Sometimes I use Cetaphil on my face. What allergies should I watch out for regarding the Gugawhatchamacallit? I\'ve been tested so I know which things I\'m allergic to. ... Thanks for the tip and for the reason, that makes sense.

Journeyman

Guggulsterones(actually a form of ketosteroid produced by the resin of this plant/tree of india). Possibility of increased uptake up iodine for thyroid, some studies cite acne fighting on the level of tetracycline, but I couldn\'t say for sure. No known allergies, however your Doctor will know better than I. I can say that I have seen much improvement.

M

**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, here\'s another mystery that I can\'t figure out. Why would shrimp break me out? Our office parties always include steamed shrimp nearly as big as your fist and they\'re SO succulent -- and if I eat them, as I found out on the first party, I will be desperately sorry. What\'s in shrimp to bother one\'s skin? I figured it was the iodine.

Journeyman

I really couldn\'t tell you other than not the iodine, its a shellfish allergy usually. Probably related to fatty acid, protein signature in the species.

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks.

It\'s very common to have allergic reactions to various kinds of seafood. If I eat sea food regularly I too break out.

I do not have problems with breaking out, though, just from eating low-carb.

Thread Information