all of these are taken from \"Natural Hormonal Enhancement\" by Rob Faigin (I hope he\'s not mad at me for promoting his book [an excellent one, at that]) [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
I like \'em.

Life, Health, Truth, and everything

Life is pleasant, Death is peaceful. It\'s the transition that\'s troublesome
- Isaac Asimov

When we were young, you made me blush, go hot and cold, and turn to mush. I still feel these things it\'s true, but is it menopause, or is it you?
- Susan D. Anderson

They say aging is a one-way street. If that\'s true, this is the one instance in which I don\'t mind waiting at stop lights.
- Unknown

It is easier to believe a falsehood that has been repeated a thousand times, than a truth that is said for the first time.
- Unknown

Orthodox medicine has not found an answer to your complaint. However, luckily for you, I happen to be a quack.
- Charles Richter cartoon caption

The poorest man would not part with health for money, but the richest would gladly part with all their money for health.
- Charles Caleb Cotton

More people commit suicide with a fork than with a gun.
- Unknown

Americans have more food to eat than any other people on Earth, and more diets to keep you from eating it.
- Andy Rooney

The one thing worse than a quitter is someone who is afraid to start.
- Unknown

A doctor is a person who writes prescriptions till the patient either dies or is cured by nature.
- John Taylor

We tolerate shapes in human beings that would horrify us if we saw them in a horse.
- W.R. Ingle

I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the time he killed himself.
- Johnny Carson

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx

On Stress

He who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.
- Michel de Montaigne

Hardening of the heart can kill you faster than hardening of the arteries.
- Unknown

Sleep

The amount of sleep required by the average person is just five minutes more.
- Unknown

The best sleep aid is a clear conscience - a few extra dollars in the bank doesn\'t hurt either.
- Unknown

Oversleeping allows more time for dreaming but prevents you from making your dreams come true.
- Unknown

ALCOHOL

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
- Stephen Wright

To live a long life, stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don\'t drink too much - then again, don\'t drink too little.
- Herman \"Jackrabbit\" Smith-Johannsen, at 103

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.
- Dave Barry

Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
- Ambrose Pierce

I am just smart enough to sound bright at a cocktail party, and just dumb enough to be there.
- John Francis Yetter

My grandmother is eighty and she still doesn\'t need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle.
- Henny Youngman

Smoking

I have every sympathy with the American who was so horrified by what he read about smoking that he gave up reading.
- Henry G. Strauss

It\'s not cigarettes that are unhealthy, it\'s the toxic gas emitted by lighters and the chemicals in the filters; so I smoke Camel non-filters, use matches, and I\'m fine.
- Bill Ryan, Ph.D.

SEX

Oh Lord, give me chastity - but not yet.
- St. Augustine

If it weren\'t for pickpockets I\'d have no sex life at all.
- Rodney Dangerfield

What do you mean I\'m an uncaring father; I was present at the conception, wasn\'t I?
- Unknown

Lady Astor to Winston Churchill: Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink.
Churchill\'s reply: Madam, if you were my wife, I\'d drink it.

We all worry about the population explosion, but we don\'t worry about it at the right time.
- Arthur Hoppe

have a nice day!

ste

----------------------------------------------------------
<font color=red>and when the day arrives
i\'ll become the sky
and i\'ll become the sea

and the sea will come to kiss me
for i am going
home

nothing can stop me now
</font color=red>