Close

Default Hap...py New Year!!!!!!!!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Happy New Year everybody!!!! Wishing you all a great 2003!

What did y\'all do? I think left to my own devices I would have stayed home with the kids and watched Time Square on TV, but my wife suggested we go \"downtown\", so we went to an Indian restauarant for vege food then took in Eugenes traditional \"First Night\" celebration, which was fun. They literally fence off a section of the downtown area and set up all kinds of different activities including a couple of \"venues\" for kids. So, I spent a good part of my New Year\'s eve watching a 3 year old poke holes in bottle caps with a nail and a hammer. They were making recycler tamborines which I guess they were supposed to use at midnight to make noise. Right!?! A 3 year old is going to be awake at mindnight. He was out cold by ten and we went home to watch Dick Clark at Time Square. At midnight we went out on the front step and launched party noise makers. There was quite a bit of home-made fireworks on our block and a few big time efforts here and there on the horizon. Oh yeah, big point.... Oregon... didn\'t rain... very special night!
    Happy New Year everybody!!!!!
    Love,
    Bruce

King of the coupons!

Default Re: Hap...py New Year!!!!!!!!

And a HAPPY NEW YEARS to you too Big B!!!

Happy New Year Bruce!!!!! Didn\'t do much since I had to work and came home at 11 p.m., plus there was a storm down here in Florida, I\'m guessing all those people got wet in the downtown area festivities. Will there\'s always next year to party.

<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

Happy New Year Bruce!!!!! Didn\'t do much since I had to work and came home at 11 p.m., plus there was a storm down here in Florida, I\'m guessing all those people got wet in the downtown area festivities. Will there\'s always next year to party.

<hr></blockquote>
    This _particular_ Orlando person was downtown with a few friends at the Back Booth listening to a bluegrass band followed by a James Brown era soul band. It\'s such a small town... I\'d played with the fiddle player of the bluegrass band last Sunday night at Friends, and the soul band was an almost exact duplicate of the \"mixed race\" (from _way_ back in the day when that\'s what they were called) soul band that I played with at 13. _And_, the only common member of both bands was the bass player (we bass players are such whores). All in all, a fun and remininscent night.

The storm was expected at 10pm, but came (and went) early.

Most happy of new years to everyone!

-Bass

Banned User

Happy new year to you Bruce,
    I\'m happy you like Indian food cause I\'m crazy bout this stuff too.
    Got my appetite workin.I think I\'ll go downtown and treat myself to a chiken Biryani too.

G-d bless you Big Brother and G bless you all in the forum.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

1. Went to a wild Goth party and set off firecrackers in the orgy room.
    2. Smoked a big cigar, a rare behavior; and drank a lot of Pabst.
    3. Kept my young lover awake all night...with my snoring and farting.

Have the best year ever, forummers!

hahaaa happy new year everybody!

hey i was in vienna at a friends\' apartment. everywhere in the city, crackers went off starting somewhen around lunchtime, and the whole city sounded like a big urban battlefield. talk about wartime memories, eh?
    we smoked weed all day long and at midnight we went down to a park where we could see the whole south-end of the city; fired a few rockets, smoked some more, and drank a lot of bubbly - back at the apartment, we smoked a lot more, celebrated with a blunt, and then my memory gets hazy; I remember listening to the new massive attack album (genius!) and watching a new episode of Futurama (come to think of it, I don\'t even remember what it was about ... oh yeah - where zoidberg\'s race decides to attack earth because ... oh man, I really can\'t remember).
    slept some, then the next morning I returned home, with the help of the local public transportation system (nothing beats sitting in a train in the wee hours of the morning!).
    damn, that was a fine new year\'s celebration.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

but hey, please don\'t judge me by my liberal use of \'weed\'. de gustibus non disputandis! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] anyway, I don\'t smoke often, but when I do - WHOOAAA! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

later dudes

Thread Information