Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Phero Pharaoh

Default Interracial Dating

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I have a question for everyone here: What are your thoughts on interracial dating? Is it something you\'d ever do or consider doing? How would it be any different than dating someone of the same ethnicity other than color? I\'ve been told that interracial relationships don\'t work out - so I decided to ask for some feedback from experienced people (you all.). Anyways, please fill me in with your opinion.

- Krish

Banned User

Default Re: Interracial Dating

I think that it would be good to find someone different than yourself from a biological point of view to find a friend from a different ethnicity. I mean it is natural to find someone different from yourself, to keep our species diverse. On the other hand, there are also a view problems with these kind of relationships.

I am a bit drunk, does that make sense or not??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

What ethnicity are you??

Franki [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Journeyman

I think its good I am trying to get with a girl that is phillipno/Black and Im hispanic/black and we get along great. I think if u really like somebody you wont care what color that person is or what their ethnic background is so I say if u get the chance go for it.

Phero Pharaoh

I\'m Asian, specifically Indian. However, I was born in the states. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- Krish

Banned User

So what kind of women do you like to date? White, black, hispanic, indian?

Franki [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

All of them! lol.

- Krish

Banned User

I think this question should not arise at all.You don\'t decide what race a woman belongs to , and then date her, like choosing the right lobster in an aquarium at a sea food market.
    You like the woman?approach her and ask her out.
    Racism must be be extinguished from our fundamental day to day decisions.

King of the coupons!

Krtel - Everything works out with TWO willing people. There are those that can\'t handle society\'s view on that subject, and there are those that can. Ignorant people plant ignorant seeds...some make it, some don\'t. Look around....it\'s everywhere! Time is changing, and so are the kids. It\'s the kids that are going to wipe out their parents ignorant seeds. Sure....some seeds will make it through and carry on that ugly burden, but they\'re dying out. Like everything else in life.....it\'s all mental. It takes a strong mind not to give a f*uck what society thinks. That\'s where you\'d find a Mobley! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Tater!!!

P.S. You\'ve jumped on a touchy subject....You may cause some to throw up, but they\'ll get over it, I\'m sure. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] There are those that are not going to answer truthfully, but you know how that goes.

Banned User

Oh my gosh Mobley
    Sometimes you\'re a poet.

I dated a black man in college. Today he is one of the most popular professional football players. coincidence? I think not [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] IMHO it\'s a non issue.

Krtel:

My older sister and I both chose to go into interracial marriages. My sister\'s husband of more than 30 years is Japanese and one of the finest people you could ask to know. Their children are very attractive, having gotten the best of both the Japanese and Anglo races. They also got the strong tradition of education and family that comes with the Japanese culture.

My wife of 14 years is Haitian and IMHO is a wonderful person and quite pretty. After my first marraige fell apart, I dated a number of black and Asian women and never regretted it. You get stares in public and there can be some animosity from family on both sides. But if you really care about each other, it can be made to work out.

The amount of melanin in a person\'s skin should, other than esthetics, be the least of your considerations. The person\'s qualities as a human being and mutual attraction/interests should be your concerns. You\'ll hit a few bumps in the road but that\'s true of any relationship. Just resolve to deal with them in a civilized manner when they come up and you shouldn do fine.

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I hear a lot of \"shoulds\" ... and I\'m as idealistic as anybody, but I was in an interracial marriage for 8 years, and my opinion is that if you can avoid it, do. Not because there\'s anything wrong with it in any way -- but because it can make your life hard, and life\'s hard enough without the extra aggravation.

Phero Pharaoh

wish i knew what to say here, i have no probs with it personally, BUT, I am the product of a mixed race marriage( though not as most think of them), my dad was a full blood apache, mom a german/irish, growing up i had to live with grandparents on the white mountain reservation for awhile, now the prob was, the indian kids loved to pick on me as i was a \'white boy\', i go to school in town and the white kids would pick on me as a \'indian\'..made me mean as hell too. now with that said..i\'ve never let ANYONE tell me what or how i should do things in life..You do what makes YOU BOTH happy and the rest can take a flying leap off the grand canyon. If YOU cant be happy with what or who your with it will never work out. If you can..then the two of you will find a way(just make sure your kids have your support l8r on if they need help dealing with it)

FTR:

Ever see a relationship that didn\'t have bumps? Of course there are a lot of shoulds and should not\'s. What relationship is without them? Are you saying that the problems you had were the result of racial differences? Or that the differences were a contributing factor?

My first marraige was not interracial and was a disaster, we were both hurt in it. My current marraige is interracial and has far more good in it than bad (no relationship is perfect). All I am saying is that race is not the issue, personality is. Wolfe is right; do what make you happy, not what others expect of you. And always be there to support your spouse and offspring, no matter what their racial make up. Don\'t go into it blind, know that there will be issues to resolve.

This thread is little different from the ones about ethics and how you treat others. Do you really care that some clown thinks you should act differently than you do? You behave in the manner you think is right, regardless of somebody else\'s opinion, right?

This world is far to small and life far to short to allow something as ridiculous as race interfere with being happy.

King of the coupons!

\"All I am saying is that race is not the issue, personality is.\" = MIND OVER MATTER = It\'s ALL mental. Society makes people sweat in certain areas, and this is one of them.

\"Wolfe is right; do what make you happy, not what others expect of you.\"

You\'d be suprise at how many people can\'t do that, and often worry about what others think. Amazing!!!

\"This world is far to small and life far to short to allow something as ridiculous as race interfere with being happy.\"

Should the world listen to you....would be a much better place to live, and with one less UGLY burden to pass to the kids. You\'d think that parents would love their kids enough to think, \"This world is ruff enough....trying to survive....why give my child, someone that I love, an extra burden to carry.\" But it\'s not that way. And such is life! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Tater!!!

All I can do is continue to stand on my soap box and shout.

No, actually I would not be surprised. The desire to fit in and be accepted is one of the strongest urges of the human animal. We have many traits that are common to herd animals.My contention is that we have the intellect to overcome our instincts, many of which are now counter-survival.

**DONOTDELETE**

I meant \"shoulds\" as in \"race SHOULD not matter,\" etc. I agree completely. It should not. But it does. And I repeat to the person asking advice regarding interracial relationships, in my experience, they make your life hard. Avoid them if you can.

Your mileage may vary, as they say, and Belgareth and others, I\'m glad your experience was more positive. Belgareth and Mobley, both of you have stronger personalities than mine. What I want most in the world is to be left in peace. I think the two of you, to some extent, thrive on notariety. If you\'ve got the stomach for it, fine -- but many of us don\'t, over the long haul.

Mixed race marriage carries its own bag of troubles and is not for the faint of heart, and the outside pressures are insidious, so that if things are not perfectly solid in the marriage, the outside pressures will help it implode ... inlaws who don\'t approve and extended family on either side who don\'t approve and make their disapproval known ... you can say love conquers all, and sometimes it does ... but sometimes it doesn\'t, either. And what could have been a good relationship in a perfect world gets picked away at by the imperfect and racist world that we live in. Even though we all know it SHOULDN\'T matter. It does matter -- that\'s the fact.

Unless you really get off on being an iconoclast in your every day life, and unless you are so absolutely smitten head over heels positive this is the only person for you in your life and your one chance for happiness -- AND if you have strong support from friends and a social network -- maybe it wouldn\'t be so bad.

But why buy trouble? Not to mention the fact that mixed kids have it rough. (before you start, yes, I know, childhood\'s hard on lots of kids for lots of reasons, etc.) I repeat -- why buy trouble?

Having been there and done that, I would not choose it again, and my advice is to avoid it if at all possible.

King of the coupons!

Keep shouting Belgareth! I\'ll shout from this end, you shout from your end, and maybe our voices will meet. Geezzzz! Maybe we\'ll even change only one or two minds in between, but that would be a good thing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Tater!!

**DONOTDELETE**

Belgareth -- you know I don\'t give a goddamn what anybody thinks. I\'m not saying to avoid it because other people think it\'s not right. I didn\'t go into my marriage thinking I was making some great social strides or that it would change the world, or with any thought in mind other than I loved my husband.

But it\'s not a United Colors of Bennetton world out there yet. Much as I also would like it to be.

At least, don\'t be naive. Love doesn\'t conquer all. It sure doesn\'t begin to correct others\' prejudices. And as much as I\'d like to say fukk \'em, and I do say fukk \'em, we live in a society. And unless you want to be perpetually \"special\" and subject to comment and criticism and prejudice and judgment, I say avoid it. As a practical matter.

Phero Pharaoh

a journey can not begin untill the first step is taken

FTR:

I could say the same for mixed religion or even social classes. Shall we eliminate them as well? I think not! It\'s still discrimination, just directed at another group of people. Rather, lets all make every effort to fight ignorance at every opportunity. I may get hurt a time or two, but in the long run, I may get the privilage of leaving this world a better place than when I joined it. What greater legacy could a person ask for?

Mobley:
    Shout long and loud and teach your children to shout as well! I\'ll do the same.

**DONOTDELETE**

It\'s not for everybody, and I would not do it again, nor do I recommend it.

My 2 cents and that\'s all I have to say.

Phero Pharaoh

sorry..maybe to brief there. By that i meant that we can\'t change what has happened in the past but we can change what happens in the future..IF we\'re willing to take that step into the unknown and fight for what we believe is the \'right\' thing to do. and FTR i know how it must have been (and will be for others that come along in the future-at least for awhile still) but we must take that step if things are to change.

King of the coupons!

You got my vote Wolfey!! For a second step often comes from the first. But one must remember...sticks and stones can break a bone, and words do often hurt SOME, but only bothers others. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Tater!!!

Phero Pharaoh

didnt say it\'d be easy for the \'forefathers\' to do, just that it is something that has to be done if we\'re to evolve as a human race. And it is some better too ya know, 20 yrs ago a black man/woman married to a white man/woman would have been more than verbally harassed, they might have been burned out of thier home so some strides have been made already.

**DONOTDELETE**

I don\'t see that we MUST do anything. Nothing I MUST do but pay taxes and die, eventually. You know what I\'m saying?

I\'m sticking to my guns on this one. I had my head in the clouds with this \"take the first step\" stuff, too, going into it; things will change, let change begin with me, blah de blah.

That\'s fine if you\'re into it. No law that says you have to, though. Just don\'t go into it blind. It can be a hard way to live unless you like a lot of attention all the time, much of it negative.

Phero Pharaoh

ok..i\'m off my soap box

King of the coupons!

Interracial Dating - Bottom line is....some can handle it, some can\'t, and some THINK they can. \"\"\"I THINK\"\"\" that it can be done IF both families accept it. I\'ve seen family turn their backs on daughters and sons because of it. Where\'s the love? Hatred is something else! Anything/one outside of my family....can just kiss my round muscular ass!! I\'m so glad my parents didn\'t teach from that ignorant book. Our strengths are ALL in different areas. It\'s like some can deal with the death of a loved one, and some can\'t. Those with sound minds, know the difference between right and wrong...is it right, or is it wrong? One day....color won\'t matter....just too bad I won\'t get to see it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

\'sigh\'. i\'ve seen that happen many times in NON-racial relations too though..familys turning thier backs on 1 another..damn thats sad

Phero Pro

As the product of a mixed marriage, I can attest to the difficulties inherent, and the emotional fallout on the children especially. My Mom is Norwegian, and my Dad was Hungarian/German. The constant indecision whether to eat Lefse or Saurkraut has probably scarred me emotionally for life! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information