Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Default Re: Historical Truth

visit-red-300x50PNG
    They could be used to manipulate. I hope 14 y.o.\'s are mostly immune to the overtly sexual mones, but that might be naive. If one just wanted to use women, pheromones might make it easier, just like wearing a rug, or lying about one\'s income and wife would.

I don\'t think pheromones are ethically neutral, but I\'ve tended to think of them as equalizing sexual power, and compensating for the destruction of community, intimacy and trust bonds; for uncleanliness taboos, and for loss of touch with our animal nature. They can magnify attraction potential that already exists.

Date rape drugs work by knocking someone unconscious. We have gasses that do that already, but they have nothing to do with pheromones. Mones do not compel.

The worst I\'ve experienced with mones is getting that \"I can\'t believe I acted that way with you last night\" look, similar to what I\'ve gotten with just the beers alone. Hard to tease out the effects...

I really like to keep friends, and make women glad they\'ve had whatever experiences they\'ve had. Also I enjoy the emotional part of sex. I try to take some responsibility for my mone use.

All the sweethearts that e\'re I had; they bid me one more night to stay. And all I\'ve lost for want of wit, by memory now I can\'t recall. So fill to me a parting glass. Good night, and joy be with you all!
    --from \"A Parting Glass,\" Irish trad. song.

Default The Core Issue - Power

DrSmellThis gets to the core of the issue again - POWER.

Pheromones shift the power balance between user and target. POWER is at the heart of the most bitter political feuds and pheromones have the potential to ignite such a battle the more they show the power to change power relationships.

Phero Pharaoh

Default Re: The Core Issue - Power

you think the USA Prez uses -mones when he deals with other leaders?
    i would [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Enlightened One

Although again it depends on the compound Anol makes people friendleir (Good for encouraging co-operation) ANone gives sexual power but makes people run away. A1 calms women with PMS, allowing smoother operation of families and society as a whole by reducing female rage and then makes males calmer also.
    Couplins get women competitive but slow down some aggressive male traits.

Enlightened One

But look at abuses by those in positions of power now, who probably have high phero levels but it wouldnt even occour to most people outside our little forum what is even going on, they have the power to make people responsible to the rest of society instead of their own self interest, they present a new opportunity but also have certain moral ? over them. This debate could go on forever and ever and also because it present a new front in human interactions is slightly different to other social discusssions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread Information