Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Surefire concoctions to beat fatigue?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Anybody have any simple drinks to use to beat fatigue? I DON\'T mean alcohol here, I mean juicing recipes, Elana, anybody else? Thanks for your input.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Surefire concoctions to beat fatigue?

Do you mean fatigue from lack of sleep, or fatigue during a work out?

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Renee,

I mean fatigue from lack of sleep. What will quickly perk you up and is HEALTHY in terms of juices? I do TRY to get enough sleep but in my line of work, that\'s tough to do.

Phero Pro

I can empathize.

But it seems to me that once you\'re already fatigued, there isn\'t a whole lot you can really do at that point, other than take some sort of stimulant, which is counter-productive in the long run. The only true way to minimize fatigue is to eat properly and exercise on an ongoing basis, and get high-quality sleep when time is available. Then you\'ll have a mental, physical, and emotional \"cushion\" to help you ride out the times when sleep isn\'t possible.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Gerund,

I was actually taking an herbal stimulant prior to workouts for 5 years. Then, when I found how it\'s just stripping the fat off, I quit \'cause already extremely low in body fat.

So you DON\'T know of any energizing fruit juice blends?

Phero Pro

Actually, there is a magical liquid fatigue cure, but the ingredients are hard to come by, and to receive the full benefits of the concoction, the solution has to be applied to and then licked from the breasts of a redheaded virgin, during either the Spring or Fall Equinox.

As opportunities would be so rare, I figured you wouldn\'t be interested... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Sounds gooood, gimme the details, I\'ll wrangle up a redhead of such description from my bevy of babes, LOL. BTW, it CAN\'T be a HOT blonde?

**DONOTDELETE**

Especially since I\'m not sure there are any redheaded virgins, and besides, they have to be sitting side saddle on a unicorn. Unicorn\'s horn. Wait a minute, how did that go?

Listen, Shyhunk, the reason I asked is because peppermint helps fight fatigue and increases alertness. I\'ve been using it in a scent diffuser for a while now and it works really well. And coincidentally, there\'s a blurb about a study confirming its anti-fatigue properties in this months Better Homes and Gardens (I can dream, can\'t I) magazine. What more authority than BH&G you\'d need, I can\'t imagine. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The other thing is massage. I\'m sure time is a problem, but if you could work in 1/2 hour even once a week, it really does help. It retrains you to relax, and part of fatigue is that you steel yourself against the exhaustion and it makes your muscles tight.

Sorry, I don\'t know anything about juicing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

Experiments w/blondes were attempted, but were discontinued after too many were caught trying to self-ingest the topical mix applied to their breasts. Researchers feared liability from the resulting neck injuries. hehe

**DONOTDELETE**

Stop it, you\'re making me horny!

Here we go: BH&G, January 2003 issue, p. 128, Home Remedy: The Peppermint Push. A whiff of peppermint may pep up your fitness routine and coax your body to work a little harder. Forty athletes participating in a study at Wheeling Jesuit University in West Virginia ran faster and performed more push-ups when exposed to the scent of peppermint than they did without the added aroma. ...

Phero Pro

The peppermint, of course, had been applied to the breasts of redheaded virgins (during a full moon).

**DONOTDELETE**

You\'re in rare form tonight!

Phero Pro

hehe

Thank you, thank you~ Actually, I\'m experiencing severe sleep deprivation at the moment, so my brain is set for \"free association.\" lol

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Renee,

What is another good way to be able to \"sniff?\" peppermint other than a scent diffuser? Would sucking on peppermint candies do the same thing? And, oh yeah, if you\'re offering to give me regular massages, come on down(up) here, LOL.

**DONOTDELETE**

But where do I find a redheaded virgin? Ya know what they say about redheads, don\'t ya?

**DONOTDELETE**

What do they say about redheads? <hands on hips, one eyebrow raised>

Not peppermint candy because you need to breathe it, and once the candy\'s in your mouth, it\'s not under your nose...there are a couple of lotions that have peppermint or your could make some...put peppermint oil on a hankerchief, maybe, to inhale for a lift...

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Renee,

Love the posture, what else you got for me?

Come on, YOU KNOW!!! (not sure how to get a previous section to repeat)

Regarding that advice, maybe I\'ll try to buy some peppermint oil just to keep handy for sniffing. Hope I don\'t become a junkie(LOL). Let y\'all know how it works.

But I was wondering if there are really good juice recipes known to energize the body and mind. Anybody out in the Forum know?

**DONOTDELETE**

Supplements that may help fight fatigue:
    caffeine - stimulant
    genseng - adaptagen and mild stimulant
    DMAE - helps regenerate nervous sytem

Remember, there is no substitute for sleep.
    Supplements that aid sleep:
    melatonin - helps you get to sleep naturally
    valerian root - mild sedative effect (mild drug-like effect)
    5-htp - helps you get into a deeper sleep

Thread Information