Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: newb mixing

Phero Pharaoh

Default newb mixing

visit-red-300x50PNG
    ok here goes, i\'m sorta new to say the least. got a question of advanced user(s)..i\'m older male(53) and not to sure( know everyone has own scent so to speak) but heres what i need.(i think..lol). i\'d like to use concentrates and mix them myself with my cologne of which i\'ve found, `le male, to work real well 4 me..now heres whats worked so far..i\'ve used musk oil+edge and then i\'ve used SoE..used those sperately..then tryed them togeather..oh man..that worked much better..so now..how i mix these(the concentrates) to my colonge ??in what kinda parts and strenghts?..( i know it will depend on my own scent but need some starting advice)...good lord i hope i making sence though i\'m sure to some degree i need all 3 mixed in..

Phero Pharaoh

Default Re: newb mixing

Take a look at the cookbook: http://www.love-scent.com/reference/cookbook.html

- Krish

Phero Pharaoh

thxs. i did read that and it did help some still not quite sure though if that answers me..oh well..time will tell i guess..

cuddlebear

You will have to experiment. Eventually when you find your mix, you\'ll post a WOLF#1 mix or something and maybe add to the cookbook, but if you want some general stuff that a lot of people seem to agree on, then here\'s a few things I have seen frequently. NOL for the friendly/social/loosened up reaction. NONE for the raw sexual reaction but not if you\'re the kind of guy who intimidates people because it can make things worse. RONE for the steady/secure/dependable vibe. As far as strengths, it\'s an open playing field on that one. You\'ll see just about everything. Same with which scents to use. Hope I\'ve been some help. Cuddles [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

i have picked a cologne that the ladies do seem to like that does ok by me too, and seems i\'ve seen it req\'d by some1 on another discussion, and that is `le male..very nice reaction from the ladies and it holds up well to none(though after 3-4 hrs a refresh on the lemale(clean) might help..as to me think what i\'ll try is 2 daps rone+4 daps nol on wrists/forearms and a dap of none on chest then cover useing the le male....Alter Ego has all 3 like that(not same amouts i\'m sure)..i just wanted to use le male as my cover scent and yet have found that all 3 seem to work really really good for me..now edge+SoE work ok..but the edge(alone) seems to make them real nervous if not tempered by others like the heavy nol im sure(on me anyways)and that why i went to a 3 pher mix with my cologne

cuddlebear

FTR likes Le Male quite a bit .. I can\'t find it ... No NORDSTROM out here ... Cuddles [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Banned User

Le Male should be easily available. It is a main-stream fragrance that a lot of stores carry.

Franki [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

cuddlebear

That\'s what I thought too, but so far no dice. Only solution is to keep looking .... Cuddles [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If Le Male is unavailable locally, order a mini over the internet for maybe $15.

Phero Pharaoh

i got mine from neiman marcus, but have seen Le Male offered from online stores at about same price

**DONOTDELETE**

Cuddles, do you never order off the Internet?

cuddlebear

All the time! But I wanna sniff first ... Cuddles [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Check and see if the seller has any product guarantee. So if you don\'t like it you can send it back.

cuddlebear

Well, if the stuff is proven to drive women crazy .. as your report indicated .. it isn\'t much of a risk, especially if I can buy a $15 dose. But some colognes, even ones that I like, don\'t blend with my body chemistry and can get sorta nasty. That\'s why I usually like to sample first. If it affects you the way you said it did, I should just go ahead and take the plunge ... I\'d be quite flattered to see a response like that ... Cuddles [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

i went to neiman and tryed the paper sniffing routine..le male was ok it seemed so i tryed the tester on myself...1/2 hr later i was inside a shop and of the 20 ladies in there 2 had asked me what i was wearing..4-5 others had made eye contact...now this was JUST cologne..that sold me on fragrance

cuddlebear

Certainly a case is being built for the stuff ... ladies taking notice is what this is all about ... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CB look for a blue bottle in the shape of a blokes torso, with pale lateral stripes. Should be everywhere!

**DONOTDELETE**

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    Would I tell you wrong?? Have I ever lied to you?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

Hey, you just sold me, too! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Question for Full Tilt Redhead

I went to Dillards and I tried LeMale and I found it smelled very nice. However, and this ? is directed towards Red--It kinda smells like baby powder and I can\'t detect much of a masculine smell. Tell me, Red, what do you see in this mix beyond the powder smell, or is the powder smell exactly what gives it power.

cuddlebear

Default Re: Question for Full Tilt Redhead

Ahhh ... Dillard\'s ... we got those ... thank you very much ... Cuddles [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

It\'s the powder smell exactly. Makes you want to snuggle up real close and put your nose in his neck. And maybe lick him.
    It\'s very seductive, like he\'s gonna be a slow hand kind of guy.

I\'m telling you, I chased a guy halfway down the block to find out what he had on the first time I smelled it. I was standing out on the sidewalk and he went by and a couple seconds after, the scent registered, and a couple seconds after that, I was HEY! YOU! YEAH! YOU! What\'s that cologne you\'re wearing?

\"like he\'s gonna be a slow hand kind of guy.\"

and that\'s a good thing? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

Alright people, stop this at once. The story goes like this: FTR started a topic on what her opinion was about Le Male. (she liked it a lot). Months later and after having done a little looking around on the net, I come to the conclusion that I needed to try it (I had however forgotten all about FTR\'s topic, so it\'s not because of her I came to the conclusion of buying it. Instead it contains Vanilla, which I like very much, and it seemed like a classic (see basenotes.com). I tested it, liked it, bought it, and then searched if there was any information about Le Male on the forums. Needless to say, I was pleased when I found FTR\'s topic. So I revived it...

A fragrance is good to wear when it smells good, sure, but not if everyone on the whole damn planet is wearing it. A fragrance should add to your personality and yours alone. I\'d never even think about using a cologne one of my brothers use because I want to be different from the rest. Not because I really feel the need to be different, it\'s because I AM different.

My advice is thus to wear it if you like it, I\'m not gonna stop you, but please: do not spread the word! Do not tell everyone who sees that you have success with it know what it is. You\'ll be sorry later on when some guy steals a target from you because he\'s wearing YOUR cologne. I just tell I\'m wearing a Vanilla EO. Works good enough and as many people do not really know much about EOs, they quickly stop asking questions.

I realize that I\'m going a bit too far here perhaps, but the fact is that I hate being like all the rest. I don\'t want to be ordinary, so I don\'t do what other people do just because \"everybody does it so you have to do it, too\". I do the stuff I like, and if that happens to be the same someone else likes, sure, no problem.

I hate that soo much: this summer, it was a fashion to colour your hair blonde. Next year, the exact opposite will perhaps be true: blonde will be looked at as ugly, or not all that nice. How on earth is it possible that what you like at first, suddenly becomes something hideous? To me, that\'s just the proof that the person in question doesn\'t have a well-defined personality and is therefore someone that cannot be trust. The whole idea about fashion is so wrong IMO. Nice clothes are nice clothes period. Something I like know, I will still like a year from now. Something I do not like, will not become my favorite all of a sudden because someone else says so.

What I see in college is lots of people with little personality as all they do is listen to the same BS music, wearing the same clothes, and whatever just to belong to a certain group. Smoking probably being THE example of blocking your own mind, just to be part of the group. 6 out of 10 people will admit they started because there friends did. 3 other are lying when they say that wasn\'t the case for them. Perhaps 1 out of 10 people started smoking because of another reason.
    These people alter the way they are so much that it\'s almost scary. E.g. Certain people don\'t like me when they\'re in group but when you meet one of them without their \"friends\" it\'s like the opposite. It\'s as if he/she\'s scared that I\'\'l beat the **** out of him/her, not acting tough at all anymore. It\'s almost funny... I wonder if they know how rediculous their behavior actually is.

Today there\'s lots of people very similar in the way they act, still, the band between this group and another group is pretty hostile. (sometimes even troubles inside the group). My ideal is more of the opposite: a lot of well-defined different personalities who\'ll still help each other out and respect each other. I think I can easily put all the people in my class in about 3 groups. Stereotypical stuff, really!

Banned User

I think it is interesting that although there is a lot of vanilla in Le Male it is still a (very) manly scent. I don\'t really like it that much, but if chicks dig it I want to wear it (every now and then).

The (vanilla) scent reminds me a bit of the sprays my sister used to use. When she was spraying that stuff in the same room where I was (livingroom) the whole room used to smell overwhelmingly like vanilla. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

Not a vanilla man, Frank? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Banned User

No.

Maybe when a nice and beautiful woman wearing it comes around I\'ll change my mind. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

the way that i figure, the number 1 rule has to be.. \'get thier attention\' 1st..if a smell does this, it doesnt matter what i think it smells like ..results count.

BTW Fulltilt..it was your statement i think i read that lead me to go try some LeMale..many thxs).ladies views R important

cuddlebear

Maxi\'s points on individuality are very relevant in this day and age where everyone seems to want to do whatever\'s \"in\" at this precise second in history. I agree with much of what he says and I certainly like to have my own signature scent as well. However, if I can get a redhead to chase me a half a block, I will be wearing Le Male at least for a little while [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That and maybe some RONE.

Phero Pro

I hear ya loud and clear! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information