Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: For Franki

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

Default For Franki

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Franki, seeing as you are always so interested to find out more about me I have decided to update my profile.

But be warned! It´s dangerous!
    I have programmed it so an alien wearing nothing but YSL suspenders hops out singing `Don´t you want me baby´ , then it will proceed to perform sexually perverse acts with you...Well I´ll stop here-don´t want to spoil the fun.
    CJ

Banned User

Default Re: For Franki

\" Europe - I looked on a streetmap in town next to the train station and there was a big red arrow and it said `You are here´.\"

Did it really say \"you are here\", or was it more like \"U bevindt zich hier\" or \"Sie befinden sich hier\" ?? (Sorry don\'t know the french translation [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img])

Franki [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Banned User

At least I know for sure you are not from the UK. Some time ago you had this story about the €uro, and you spoke about driving left as \"driving on the wrong side of the road\". [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Banned User

Since this is my thread, I feel free to announce I enhanced my home page a little bit. Actually I like to put a lot more pictures on the net, but first I have to get that digital camera.

Banned User

I would love to put a picture of the one and only CJ on my page of course. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Never mind that, where\'s the alien in the suspenders? I went and looked at the bio -- no alien. What a rip.

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

FTR, you little perv! I thought you don´t like suspenders. Well as it happens it was only for franki and he hasn´t told us how it was yet [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] CJ

Phero Pro

Sumthin\' like \"Vous vous trouvez ici\"? My French is getting bad. More than 6 years of French are going to waste know that I don\'t need to speak it anymore.

Enlightened One

Heck now if i could speak french that would be cool, i could target all the french backpackers wondering around australia as well.

Phero Pro

French is easy. German, too. English is the easiest one of all of them. It only comes down to using them regularly. (Applied Biological Sciences? Do you think were still taught new languages? I think not!)

Banned User

Well, English is one of the most diffficult and unlogical languages I know. Only reason people think it is easy is because they use and hear it a lot (even in countries that don\'t have english as native language)

Franki

Phero Pro

Yeah, perhaps you\'re right there. Though you have to admit that conjugating verbs is a lot more easy in English than in other languages (tenzij Zuid-Afrikaans want daar gebruiken ze voor elke persoon dezelfde \'stam\' van het werkwoord)

Banned User

Zuid-Afrikaans, dat klinkt grappig. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Wat bedoel je precies met dezelfde stam. Wat is anders dan in het Nederlands?? (of Vlaams [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img])

**DONOTDELETE**

That\'s right, dammit! Finally someone agrees with me!

(I have no idea what you two just said.)

French is not easy at all. It might be easy to read but it\'s impossible to pronounce. SPANISH is easy. Reads and sounds the same and there aren\'t too many irregular verbs.

Phero Pro

Een voorbeeld: het werkwoord zijn: het typevoorbeeld van een onregelmatig werkwoord bij ons. Bij hen zou men het zo vervoegen. (Let wel, if ken de juiste Persoonlijke voornaamwoorden niet echt meer)

Ik zij
    Jij zij
    Hij zij
    Wij zij
    Jullie Zij
    Zij zij

Zoiets in die zin. Het esperanto is ook zoiets, maar toch iets moeilijker omdat het niets me het Nederlands te zien heeft.

http://members1.chello.nl/~m.c.erasmus/

upsidedown

German was farily easy to learn for the most part, but the tough part was trying to remember if words were masculine, feminine, or neutral, and whether I should use der, die or das.. That got to be a bit much for me. I\'m sure my visits to Germany provided some chuckles to people when I misapplied the gender of the word.

Banned User

Maar dat is in het Engels toch niet zo. Sorry, dat ik zo lastig ben... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

What\'d he say? what\'d he say?

Phero Pro

In het engels is het toch overal infinitief buiten de derde persoon enkelvoud. De verleden tijd is toch overal dezelfde vorm?

FTR, that\'s a real advantage of having Dutch as a native language: we are able to pronounce just about every dialect: we can pretty easily speak American English, British English and Australian English and shift between those without a single problem. French and German are also very easy on the lips. We can even mimic the way you people try to speak decent French and have a good laugh. We\'re omnipotent when it comes to languages!

Banned User

Yeah, the good thing about us native dutch speakers (although I almost feel german is my native language) is that we can speak so many different languages. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

upsidedown

And, you write it very well also. In most cases, you write much better than many native English speakers.

Default Mongrel Speech

The challenge with English is that it is such a mongrel language, parts coming from here and there, words from all over. It can be rather irregular.

The part I like best about it is the huge vocabulary.

Luckily for me, English is in the ascendency, allowing me to concentrate on it as a native speaker. If I lived in Europe, I\'d have a time learning another language beyond my mother tongue. My respects to those who are multi-lingual, Franki especially.

I\'m trying to pick up some Finnish but it ain\'t easy!

**DONOTDELETE**

Huh. Well, that\'s all just fascinating, I\'m sure. But what I want to know is (inquiring minds want to know), are you truly talented liguists? or can you just speak a lot of languages?

Banned User

What MM meant was that it is easy to pronounce english, german, spanish or italian words if you are a native dutch speaker!

Phero Pro

I\'m no \'talented\' linguist at all. If I had the time to learn more languages and to speak the ones I already knew in a better way maybe. I really lack time nowadays to study things beside my university course. I do however feel like learning more languages as a hobby once I get my degree (which will be in 5 years if all goes well).

O yeah, did I already mention that I know some greek? In a few moments, it will be \"Kalinichta\" everyone! (I do not know how to write greek however with all those different symbols. Reading it is not that hard though)

Banned User

Default Re: Mongrel Speech

Thank you Whitehall and upsidedown

Wow. Finnish is known as one of the most difficult languages in the world. It is familiar with hungarian, but not with english or french. Especially spelling in Finnish is horror.

**DONOTDELETE**

I got that.

I was just wondering what else he could do with his tongue besides pronounce words in different languages.

(sorry, it\'s an hour before quitting time and I\'m getting punchy)

Banned User

ROFLMAO [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

To be honest, very interesting and amusing stuff really. Though I think demonstrating it will be rather hard several thousands of miles away from you. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'m envious of your facility in so many languages. I really wish I had that. How old were you when you started studying?

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information