Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Advice for people who can\'t smell pheros

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi Everyone,

I\'m one of the 25% of the population who can\'t smell pheros. I was wondering if anyone could provide the amount of application where the pheros start to smell.

For example:

If you mix NPA with cologne, what ratio would make it undetectable, or at least not have an BO or cat piss smell?

If I put on a dab of PI, how much cologne would I have to put on to cover the smell?

Even though SOE is -nol, is there a bad smell if you put on too much?

I made a mix of SOE/NPA in about a 80/20 combination, and one of my friends said he smelled something bad. Would that be because of the SOE or NPA. I put about 4\" on each arm and about 2\" on my neck?

I try different combos and notice some reactions sometimes, but I don\'t know if they are hits or if girls are just noticing the BO smell.

Basically, I want to know what amounts can I put on without worrying about the bad smell? If I notice a reaction from someone I want to be confident that it\'s a hit and not because of a bad smell.

Hopefully someone can provide answers to help me and the other people who can\'t smell pheros.

Thanks.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Advice for people who can\'t smell pheros

Good day, PA_Phero_Guy.

Do not despair, for there was a time (about 3 months ago) that I couldn\'t smell pheros either. When I opened my bottle of NPA and smelled, I thought \"Bah...smells like my car after I spray it with an air freshener\" - I recently sniffed some and thought \"Holy [bad word]!\" - with time, you can \"train\" yourself to smell pheros - if after some time you still can\'t smell them, you\'re probably one of the 25% then.

But to answer your questions: One dab of NPA will really stink, so careful.

People say the idea ratio of Cologne:NPA is 5:1 if you\'re interested in covering the smell, of 4:1 if you want more -none power. I don\'t spike my cologne in the bottle, though - I usually apply 1 (2 if going to a party) dab and cover it with about 2 sprays.

I don\'t have any PI, but looking at the concentration, I would assume that it would be about the same as NPA - about 2 sprays of cologne.

-nol doesn\'t smell, but it will slowly (And I repeat, SLOWLY) convert to -none, but it usually takes a long time. SoE has a tendency to go rancid and start to smell like (surprise!) cat piss - the jury\'s out on what causes this, again, careful.

As for your NPA/SOE mix, the bad smell could have been both - either too much NPA, or the SOE went bad.

What kind of reactions were they? If the girls were giving any hints that they\'ve got the hots for you, then they noticed the pheros. If they show the opposite, it\'s either too much -none or the bad smell.

My advice to you comes in the form of a rule of thumb established on the boards some time ago - \"less is more\" - especially with -none. For everyday situations, one dab of NPA covered with 2-3 sprays of cologne should be enough. Or you could try a softer -none, such as The Edge, or \"clean\" -none, such as AE\'s; clean -none would be the thing for you if you\'re concerned about the bad smell, I personally like to compare the two -none\'s to crude oil and refined oil, but I digress.

If all else fails, you should get some scented -none products, like RM (which mixes great with SOE, btw), or AE, and then stop worrying about the smell and concentrating on the more important things in life...chicks [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck!

**DONOTDELETE**

What do you mean you cant smell them?
    Do you mean you do not react to them when you do smell them? Because I would imagine you would still smell a scent when you open it.

**DONOTDELETE**

Greetings, I95Journeyman -

I do indeed mean that you can\'t smell them - for the longest time, I reacted to -none (made me feel unbreakable) without smelling anything, but only recently started to smell it.

The answer is simple - the phero receptor is the VNO, a nifty little organ inside your nasal cavity, which doesn\'t pick up scents - just the pheros. Your trusty nose, on the other hand, doesn\'t react to pheros, but does smell things. Therefore, it\'s entirely possible to react to pheros without smelling anything.

BTW, the Cher thing is a stroke of pure genius! Nearly fell out of my chair laughing after seeing those very funny (albeit disturbing) images!

Cheers

**DONOTDELETE**

Hahaha [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] well good, Im glad I made someone laugh today! As for the pheromones that is very interesting. I guess through lack of experience, I didn\'t know pheromones had a smell. You see a while ago, I got this thing in the mail \"magic formula found, reason why women go berserk over male rock stars lies in pheromones\" or something to that effect and me, being I think it was in 10th grade was saying to myself \"hell yeah!\" because this was an advantage over my friends as I read on it made it sound like a almost subliminal thing, like they aren\'t reacting to the smell as much as...I dont know what lol, but at any rate this was what I was going to do with my life. Then I ended up throwing it out lol. Anyway, somehow I ended up finding this website and behold, my interest has been rekindled (and I am in 12th grade now) but somehow when I read the forum on this website I almost get the idea that the pheromone smell gives you a confidence, not just knowing that you are wearing it, but as a result of smelling it you get a confidence. I dont know if I am way off base or not...what are your thoughts?

**DONOTDELETE**

Journeyman -

You\'re a senior, too? Cheers, man [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You\'re actually not that far off -androstenone does boost the user\'s confidence; though not the smell (in fact, the smell can be repulsive, as it stinks like hell) - when the VNO picks on the -none, it kicks into gear and triggers a hormonal reaction in you, making you feel more confident.

There were times when I applied -none and forgot about it (I\'m not a morning person, and I tend to forget things I do right after I wake up), and I felt that the world was mine for the taking. Another similar reaction is the kind I get from SOE - SOE gives me a euphoric attack, I feel happy and energetic, and I usually apply SOE under my nose to get this effect.

Also, I don\'t think it\'s the pheromones that make women attracted to rock stars let\'s face it, rock music\'s an aphrodisiac, I know from experience [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

cuddlebear

You\'ll find \"effect on the wearer\" discussed time and time again on this forum. So no, you are not off base at all. This phenomenon has been discussed extensively in connection with Realm, although I think there\'s more to Realm than that ... Cuddles [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

I agree - there\'s definitely more to Realm than effects on the user - I got my first hit with Realm, so I know this [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

I don\'t know about that, the fact that that woman, Cher, has any fans indicates to me some sort of pheromone activity LoL. Anyway, this is all very interesting, I just hope the stuff will work and items last long because these colleges are stealing all of my money through these \"Application Fees\" lol, pretty soon I will have no money, but hey if this stuff will make me happy, this is where Im puttin my money [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]...Oh PS...if any of you guys have AIM my name is I95Journeyman!

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I wish you luck, and welcome to the wonderful world of pheros!

They do last quite a while, actually - I was at first surprised by the small size of the bottles, but considering how little you use them (unless you purposely OD every day), they\'re actually holding out a lot. The only thing I have touble managing is the SOE gel packs - I\'ll have order a reinforcement soon, I\'ve only got half a pack left [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I don\'t have AIM, but I do have MSN, if anyone wants to chat, just search for markthehopper@hotmail.com
    Cheers!

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks everyone for replying!

I think I\'ll stick with the advice of less is better.

I didn\'t know about the OD factor (since I never noticed it myself) until I started reading about it on the forum. I have a feeling I might have OD\'d when first using them. I did, however, have a couple of big hits with PI and PF.

Lately when I go out, I\'ve been wearing my SOE/NPA mix. I haven\'t really had any really good or bad results with it. I just notice that sometimes girls seem a little nervous when I\'m near them. I\'m thinking that could be the intimidation factor of the -none.

From now on I\'ll stick with putting on less amounts of pheros and cologne. I have one of those mini vials of cologne (Candies) that I put a little NPA in. If I mix a NPA/Cologne ratio of 5:1 and put a dab on, I shouldn\'t have to worry about any bad smells from the pheros, right?

One last thing. Does the sandlewood in the sandlewood version of The Edge cover the cat piss smell, or can you still smell it through the sandwood?

Thanks.

**DONOTDELETE**

No problem, PA_Phero_Guy.

The 5:1 ratio should work nicely, and one spray should do the trick (up the dose if going to say, a club or party) - just spray it on, and walk around as if nothing unusual was going on. As for TE\'s sandalwood scent - with all scented products, the scent will cover up the -none until it fades, then you can smell the -none. However, in relatively low concentrations (like TE, when compared to NPA at least), it shouldn\'t be too repulsive.

Cheers

**DONOTDELETE**

What would happen if u tried to dissolve the SOE gel into the Sandalwood? I could be mistaken but the more pheros the more of a kick-ass combo it would be right? Also, there is this one chick in my school who is like the hottest girl ever...and she is sooo nice to me and everyone, my problem is I want to go out w/ her but I don\'t know which mix to use or what to use. I guess it would be hard to measure a hit with her since it seems like she is hitting on me all day (but she is like that to everyone lol) Do you guys have any suggestions?

**DONOTDELETE**

Hmmm...guess it would be a question of how well the scents mix. There are some scents that mix great, and others that don\'t, it\'s really a matter of experimentation to find out which scents mix well.

Hmmm...as for the girl, most anything could work, it depends what you want, and what works best for you. A good choice would be AE, combining 3 pheromones (-none, -nol and -rone) with a nice scent and a handy dropper top to boot. DD#1 (SOE + NPA) also works great, just make sure to cover up the NPA with tons of SOE! (A word of caution, though - if you\'ve known her for a while, she may take a while to respond to your pheros)

Last but not least, don\'t hesistate - don\'t think about it, just ask her out - and hopefully, sparks will fly!

Cheers

**DONOTDELETE**

I sure hope it works! Hey if it doesn\'t its worth a shot anyway and there are always other girls! I think AE will be my next buy.

**DONOTDELETE**

How about PI/w? Does that give off a smell if worn alone? Does it eventually get a smell and the -nol turns to -none? If so, what\'s a good amount of cologne to cover it? I\'ve had some luck with PF and I\'m thinking about giving PI/w a try.

Has anyone tried mixing PI/m with PI/w? Maybe a drop or dab of each?

Thanks again for all the replies.

Thread Information