Close

Thread: Member Ratings

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Member Ratings

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Does anyone know the purpose of the \"Rate Member\" function of this board? I\'ve seen a number of people who are \"rated\", but most member remain in the \"un\" rated category.

Should we be rating others on a regular basis?

Is it worth the effort to even rate someone?

So many questions, so little time... [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Default Re: Member Ratings

Lex,

In a perfect world a rating system such as the one employed here could allow you to browse threads more efficiently.
    If a forum member had consistently responded to other\'s queries informatively and respectfully,you would want to give him/her a good rating.
    If,on the other hand,a member would be insulting to someone asking a sincere question,or go on endlessly about topics not pertinent to the thread,or just be seeming to attempt to accrue posting numbers by replying when he/she really has nothing to contribute,then you might want to rate this member low on the scale.
    This rating system would allow you to highlight or prioritize the posts you would be likely to enjoy reading.
    This however is not a perfect world.In any such group there arises politics.Though admittedly it is virtually non-existent on this forum.
    I have noticed apparent abuses of the system where a member with one or two posts,neither of which were particularly inspired,suddenly has a five star rating!
    Just guessing that they registered under an additional screen name and rated themselves.
    Well,that reminds me,I\'ve got something to do. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Oscar
    ***** [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

GEEZ!!

NO,...Really,...I DIDN\'T! I don\'t even HAVE another screen name! [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Guess I really set myself up for that one....Anyway,..Thanks to somebody.

Oscar [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, just for kicks, I\'m gonna start rating people who respond to my posts or give me some good information. Maybe some other will do the same and this rating thing can get off the ground.

Side note: I am guessing that the ratings are averaged and not just peaked, so to speak.

Cheers! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    - Lex

**DONOTDELETE**

Hummmm... It appears that once one rates another, one cannot go back and re-rate the member. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I don\'t think I like this.

What if one has a bad experience with another, and rates them poorly, but later \"works it out\". That original poor rating is stuck with the other forever, or until many others rate the \"poor\" poster with good scores to average out the bad start.

This is not a good thing. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Oscar and Lex,

Well Oscar You\'re welcome, you have given very insightful answers to questions posed in the forum and Lex, you too.
    TCO

**DONOTDELETE**

TCO and Oscar -

Thanks to one or both of you. You both also provide good feedback/answers on this board.

Thread Information