Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default Your government at work-What are their priorities?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Below is excerpted from an article on the Associated Press today. It goes on to say that Bush is refusing to lead the way in getting it cleared up so these people can get paid. It\'s money we put in the system ourselves! It seems congress and the president were too busy taking away our rights to make sure people had money to eat.

1M to Lose Unemployment Benefits

By LEIGH STROPE
    AP Labor Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) — Jo-Anne Hurlston can\'t find a job after nearly six months of searching, even with her master\'s degree and experience in education, human resources and the hospitality industry.

She\'s one of nearly 1 million unemployed workers across the country who will start losing jobless benefits three days after Christmas because Congress failed to grant an extension before leaving for the year.

``All the money that\'s being spent on homeland security and we\'re left stranded,\'\' said Hurlston, 47, a single mother with a 12-year-old daughter. ``If they want more money for homeland security, we have to be able to work to pay taxes.\'\'

Congress passed a 13-week extension in federal benefits in March, on top of the maximum 26 weeks that laid-off workers typically can receive through states. But the extension benefits start expiring Dec. 28. Without congressional action, an estimated 820,000 people will lose benefits that day, with an additional 95,000 each week thereafter.

Phero Pro

Default Re: Your government at work-What are their priorities?

ahhhh...just when I think my opinion of our government has reached an all time low they do something like this to renew my faith. GOD BLESS AMERICA <extreme sacrarsm>

Our government? Are you part of some large corporation?

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Your government at work-What are their priorit

lol

Phero Pharaoh

Thats republicans for you, they care nothing of the people, but for large companies and the wealthy. Republicans start wars because this way companies that produce anything used in war (I will not mention any names, legal reasons.) make more money. Thats just one thing. Bush has earned my contempt, with the state of our economy, he\'s more concerned about nuking sudam rather than improving the economy.

-Krish

It isn\'t just Bush, although he is as guilty as the rest. It\'s the democrats as well as the republicans.

I challenge you to name one person in elected in either party who isn\'t in big businesses pocket.

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

I don´t know if this makes anyone feel any better but over here in Europe we have pretty much the same problems. Even in those countries with `left wing´governments. Only difference it that they´re not into going to war but they still cut benefits, increase taxes and blow the money after shooving it up their own lazy braindead butts. The results are the same. Sad ey.

Banned User

Cutting benefits is not a bad thing when the expenses have raised to high heaven like here in Germany. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

...Thats republicans for you, they care nothing of the people, but for large companies and the wealthy. Republicans start wars because this way companies that produce anything used in war (I will not mention any names, legal reasons.) make more money. Thats just one thing. Bush has earned my contempt, with the state of our economy, he\'s more concerned about nuking sudam rather than improving the economy...

Painting with a rather broad brush...aren\'t you?

Why don\'t you give Saddam a nice big hug. <smooch=smooch>
    Then I can laugh my ass off when he cuts your throat from ear to ear!

Banned User

\"Even in those countries with `left wing´governments. Only difference it that they´re not into going to war but they still cut benefits, increase taxes and blow the money after shooving it up their own lazy braindead butts. The results are the same. Sad ey.\"

Sounds like you are talking about Germany (the only other \"left-wing\" governments I can think of are those in Great Britain and Sweden). Do you live here? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Sorry that I am obsessing about where you live, just curious. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It is a bad thing when most of those people are out of work due to the ineptitude of the same government that just cut their benefits

Banned User

I agree with you (for the first time). [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks. Should I note it on my calender? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sadhu

franki so far you are the nosiest person on this board. You are obsessed aren´t you. And I´m not telling [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] hehe.

Banned User

CJ
    You don\'t have to tell me anymore, I know it already. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Good, then tell me, because I\'m obsessed too! (2nd nosiest person on the board, if Franki\'s first...)

Phero Pharaoh

I am aware Sudam is a bad person and a threat, however, the point I am trying to make, is that Bush seems to be more caught up with going to war with Afghanistan (previously.) and Iraq while the people in our country are suffering from an economic crisis. Notice how all this happened when Bush came into office. During the Clinton years, sure there were some military action, however, our economy was awesome! If we go to war with Iraq, it will only hurt our economy even more.

- Krish

Sadhu

...and then you can tell me too. The UK is certainly better for income tax than others. Althought the talks of putting tax on orange juice several years ago were more that ridiculous. Oh and fags are so bloody expensive they can give you a cardiac before you´ve even lit one up. But on the bright side they let you drive on the `wrong´side of the road.

Sadhu

I am now on my third glass of wine... tell me when I sound too much of a nutter.

CJ-You can down three bottles of wine and still make more sense then most of the people here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] j/k

**DONOTDELETE**

...so expensive they can give you cardiac before you\'ve even lit one up ...

roflmao

Party on, dudette!

Our economy was in the toilet before Bush came into office. The economy is a big ponderous mass. It can take years for any action to have an effect. One of the biggest, but not the only cause of the slump was the bubble created by the dot coms bursting. That occured under the Bill and Hillary regime. The intellegence failure that lead to 9-11 was as well.

For the rest, it\'s beyond my comprehension why the entire government is going off on this crazy war while the economy suffers, unless the government is using it to bolster the economy.

You keep mentioning war and the republicans; Kennedy got us into that awful fiasco in Vietnam and he was a democrat. He nearly got us into a nuclear war with his idiotic grandstanding! (Read the book: The Cuban Missle Crises) Nixon, a republican, got us out of Vietnam. The economy under Reagan was better than it had been since WWII and he was a republican. Under Carter, Inflation and interest rates hit an all time high. He was a democrat. Under Carter, mid-east terrorists were allowed to hold about 50 Americans hostage while he sat and apologized.

upsidedown

>>I am aware Sudam is a bad person and a threat, however, the point I am trying to make, is that Bush seems to be more caught up with going to war with Afghanistan (previously.) and Iraq while the people in our country are suffering from an economic crisis. Notice how all this happened when Bush came into office. During the Clinton years, sure there were some military action, however, our economy was awesome! If we go to war with Iraq, it will only hurt our economy even more.

A lot of the reason the economy was awesome during the Clinton years was due to the overinflated value of Internet stock and all the super hype surrounding it. The great economy during that time was a bubble just waiting to burst. It actually burst during the last 8 or 9 months of the Clinton administration, and was already heading south when Bush took office.

Sadhu

The dot com problem was an international prob. But it was just bound to happen really.

Something else:
    WHY is Bush gagging to be a wartime president so much? Does he think it´s a cool thing or what. ? :
    I was rather relieved when Germany AND France voiced their opinions against military attacks back then. The guy must be SOOO pissed off because of that.

Agreed on the dot coms.

I think Bush has lost it! All he can think about is war and he\'s killing the country to do it. A good solid dose of a powerful anti-psycotic medication might help him.

**DONOTDELETE**

Because he\'s a puppet of the oil companies and businesses that would profit from war.

Sadhu

Has Bush not done anything positive for good old USA yet then? Have there not been any improvements of any kind - even the `little´ things. I´m very interested.

**DONOTDELETE**

The place is going to hell in a handbasket at warp speed. If you ask me.

Honestly, not that I know of. He\'s been so busy between the war, homeland security and helping other republicans get elected that he hasn\'t had the time to pay attention to unimportant things like the general welfare of the country as a whole. His actions are frankly scaring the crap out of me. It\'s almost like he is trying to pull all power away from the citizens and rule us under marshal law.

Sadhu

FTR , I was told of a journalists´ theory that this war is more about the United States´oil resources ( ie the energy recources) than anything else. Allegedly the US has another 10 years worth of recources left if they keep going the way they have been ´till now. Do you know if there´s any truth to this at all. Could it be?

He´s a puppet of the oil companies... I imagine that seing as he´s texan and he is or was in the oil business himself that those people donated a lot of pesetas for his election campain, so now he `ows´ them right.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information