Close

Thread: Cookbook 0.5

Phero Enthusiast

Default Cookbook 0.5

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi,

Is this the correct time for cookbook 0.5 or 1.0 ?
    Any comment from the latest 0.4a ?
    - I request to add if no positive result what to check/to do.
    other later :0

Hi Nimbus, any new progress ?

Thanks

Phero Pro

Default Re: Cookbook 0.5

What is there to add?

Anyway, there\'s some discussion on testing raw materials (i.e. Rone, None, Nol, A1, whatever ALONE. No mixes!) going on now. I think it would be best to wait for those results. There\'s no need to make a new Cookbook version for every new mix or socalled magic bullet. If there was, then we\'d be at version 13.9 by now.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Tom, Maximog

Cookbook 0.5 is in progress as usual. Actually I\'m thinking about releasing the next version as 1.0 [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ... The \"certified\" mixes, facts and so on are all in... Most of what is currently being discussed in the forum is actually the bleeding edge of pheromone experimentation.

I guess the Cookbook played some role in this... No need to discuss the basic things like happened a lot some time ago, since you can find them all from just one source.

Anyway before releasing the new version I think it would be good to wait for the threads on raw materials (-rone especially). Between the sections that are being developed: more \"hit\" signals and suggestions for newbies, some cut+paste from some post about applying on the skin vs. applying on clothes, and some corrections here and there... And the usual typos extermination.

**DONOTDELETE**

What does that mean, the \"bleeding edge\"?

**DONOTDELETE**

Is there a none1/nol1/rone1 mix in the cookbook ? Looks like a boringly simple mix but does someone actually tested this one ?

**DONOTDELETE**

My guess is that bleeding edge would being somewhat similar to saying bloody edge. I think it is just a british type figure of speech.

**DONOTDELETE**

FTR: since you ask for its meaning I\'m worried to have used the expression in an improper way... I used \"bleeding edge\" to mean the most advanced and latest experiments, where you know that there\'ll be work in progress for some time, and even by that time there\'ll be something to keep and something to trash... Makes me wonder if it comes from surgery!

evil_louie: emm... it\'s my turn not to know what the \"bloody edge\" means, but as you suppose it\'s probably the same of the \"bleeding edge\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alchemist: if you are talking about mixes from the Chem Set no, there aren\'t any in the cookbook, since relatively few people own the CS, and those few tend to use different mixes. There used to be a thread on the subject: I read it throughly to find something to put through the recipes, but in the end I opted not to put any... If someone with a CS and a killer mix is reading this, feel free to reply!

What we would really need is a mass-test of various mixes (and products as well). For instance, let\'s say that for a week, everyone that owns APC and NPA is committed to mix JB#1, wear it and share results. The next week it would be DD#1\'s turn, and so on...

<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

What does that mean, the \"bleeding edge\"?

<hr></blockquote>It\'s a pun on \"leading edge\", meant to imply that one has wandered so far into the speculative regions that one could hurt oneself.

**DONOTDELETE**

Your explanation seems much more realistic than mine, I\'m for it [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ; I hope that what I meant was clear enough anyway.

**DONOTDELETE**

Now I get it! I like Bassman\'s explanation, too.

**DONOTDELETE**

I like Bassman\'s explanation, too.

Phero Pro

Yeah, he got it right.

My understanding is that the term \"bleeding edge\" came into being as a natural progression from the original term \"cutting edge,\" which I usually think of in terms of technology -- but I think it means \"to the most advanced degree\" in any pursuit.

Yep thats what I meant when I was talking about the CB with Nimbus a while ago.

Whats going to be new?

**DONOTDELETE**

Now I like Gerund\'s version most: \"cutting/bleeding edge\" = \"to the most advanced degree\", let me write that (...scribble scribble...)! OK done [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Cpt: I wrote something about the new sections, along with some proposal for our community, four or five posts ago on this same thread. More than these, the Cookbook is basically an ordered and trimmed summary of what comes across the forum, that\'s why I\'d like to see if the present experimentations on -rone alone can lead somewhere.

Anyway, when I think about the phero situation nowadays, I\'m convinced that in the following years we\'ll look back and realize that the phero science did some giant leaps. While the search for the \"magic bullet\" is probably useless, I think that many of the products we are using now will be soon replaced with new ones, to cover present weaknesses and add new features... The future is probably in multi-pheromone products (Alter Ego for instance) since they seem to work for more people without much hassle.

Soz!

I skim read to get to the interesting parts, but obviously I missed them!

Enlightened One

More types of pheros in the products work best seems to be the way.

**DONOTDELETE**

You can make the JB-X an official mix now since it\'s been tried and tested. Don\'t forget some of the new mixes like PAN (I think the creator used JB #1 and PCC or something like that. It may have been NPA and PCC). There was a mix someone made with PPC and PPA I believe and I think someone did a PPC + SOE mix. I\'m working on a mix with NPA, RM and PCC but I have to get the PPC first so this probably won\'t make the cookbook.

-The Bat

Enlightened One

Didnt i do SOE+NPA+PCC in the 60:30:10 ratio or something that worked well, but yeah include the various mixes as well, next will be diluted EW with the existing products when that goes online along with the slogan contest - hey you could include all the slogans people came up with for love-scent also.

Phero Enthusiast

Any estimated time for new version nimbus ?

and please list your plan to add/changed the content, so forum member can add/suggest to that list.

Thanks

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi everyone,

it\'s great to see that the cookbook came out as a useful reference. As I said earlier, I\'d like to include some of the results of the -rone test thread (if some conclusion can be drawn from those info), and I wrote the list of the additions in a previous post.

As I already said, everyone\'s contributions are accepted, so if you want to add something you like to the list of additions, please feel free! Contributed sections are also welcome. Release time... For sure before Christmas, so you have the updated cookbook for your holidays hits! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BTW JB-X is going to become an official mix: I haven\'t had a way to try PAN, so I guess that I\'ll wait some more about that one, unless someone more is ready to report some awesome hits with PAN.... reports?

Thread Information