Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Banned User

Default Re: Life Boat Politics

visit-red-300x50PNG
    \"Of course the country will kill you if you\'re too dumb to survive. The crocs in Darwin eat an average of 15 people a year. Mostly drunken a-holes that are standing on a pier/beach pissing into the water. Now there\'s nature doing its job! \"

a nice example of darwinism ... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] LOL

There\'s a story from this summer about a tourist who got mauled by a grizzly bear in one of the national parks. Brilliant lady was feeding it beef jerky BY HAND so her hubby could get pictures of the cute wild life.

This is a 1600 pound wild animal and a major carnivore, morons!

Same summer, a kid got attacked by another bear because he was chasing her cub with a camera. Do they never learn?

**DONOTDELETE**

I visited a big hole in the ground a while back. Grand Canyon Natl. Park. Some of the signs seemed really stupid: Don\'t climb over the railing. Do not stand on railing. Do not climb on cliffs. Etc etc... but aparently people still fall to their death every year. Honestly how dumb can you be? This thing with bears, and other animals is stupid, however I\'m sure the bear didn\'t have a sign around his neck saying \"don\'t feed me beef jerky\" of course even if it did the woman probably would have fed it a turkey sandwich instead.

In California, between Bakersfield and Mojave, there is the Kern canyon. The river that runs through the canyon is deadly! About every 1/4 mile is a big sign telling you how many people have drowned in previous years due to the undertow. And every year, they have to go back and change the number on the sign because multiple people didn\'t believe it.

\"In nature there is but one capitol crime--Stupidity. Sentence is carried out immediately and without mercy\"
    --Lazarus Long--

Phero Pro

I read a pretty harsh comment here about stupid people making babies. Although I\'m with that, I don\'t think I have the right to say who\'s stupid and who isn\'t.

To make things a little bit more harsh: We should actually be happy (in one and only one way though) that there are things like cancer, AIDS, and starvation. At least that\'ll keep our world from being flooded by people for at least a longer while.

**DONOTDELETE**

When I say stupid people what I mean is some of the folks I\'ve come across who are messed up (drugs, booze, etc...) and can hardly take care of themselves. Then without thinking they create a new life - to me that is a stupid person. Maybe sometimes it\'s a smart person making a stupid mistake, but my observations tell me otherwise. (in general, imho)

Phero Pro

Alright, those stupid people shouldn\'t reproduce at all. I agree with that.

In \"nature\" as the world has experienced it prior to the Industrial Revolution, the stupid and the weak were effectively weeded out. It was much harder to raise a child to maturity and to have grandchildren. That helped keep the human population is rough balance. The number of humans was growing but at a very slow rate and well below the carrying capacity in most places.

For about the last 200 years, we\'ve been able to overcome our \"natural\" conditions and have upset the balances so that human population has zoomed. Now, even really poor, stupid and/or foolish people can have a flock of kids and see just about all them grow to reproduce themselves.

Now the \"smart people\" response is to have fewer kids but to invest more in each one. That\'s what most of the people in the rich parts of the world are doing. In the poorer parts of the world, the old strategy of having as many kids as you can is still being followed. At some point, the two strategies will come into conflict as the latter strategy leads to overpopulation. The \"life boat\" will have only a few seats and too many people climbing on will swamp the boat for everyone.

**DONOTDELETE**

I can understand having a large family if you live in a rural area and need a large family to be self supporting. (think farming family, etc...) but Whitehall you\'re right. Too many people in the life-boat swamps it for everyone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5

Thread Information