Close

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

Default Bruce - stealing from love-scent (another one)

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Bruce I was just surfing around and looking at perfume sites and I came across this one www.18pheromone.com they copied exactly what you put on the main page. Coincidence ? I think not. EVERYONE is copying love-scent!
    CJ

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Bruce - stealing from love-scent (another one)

Bruce, do you have any copyright protection?

The material they stole is copyright protected, but it is a very expensive proposition getting them to take the it down and in this case clearly not worth the time, money, stress and effort. They are obviously Bozos and located outside the US. Some years ago somebody copied the entire Love Scent site and I hired a law firm to get it down. They burned up my $2000. retainer in a matter of days, which was about all I had at the time. Total waste of money. For $1,000. you can take control of the domain if you are interested in it, but with this 18pheromone.com, that is a waste too. Next week they open up with 19pheromone.com, give each other high fives and laugh themselves silly.

Anyone who wants to write them and complain, be my guest. Ultimately it is the customers who decide who lives and who dies on the internet, not the lawyers.

Where would I be without you folks?
    I\'d have to go out and get a real job. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**

nuke them bastards...this people will give them a lesson to remember >>> www.hackology.com

**DONOTDELETE**

who cares? that page isn\'t worth the effrot. just a bs. im just glad i got here (lets say that a happy customer recomended). i think that most of pheromone-selling pages are inferior. its just too bad that people don\'t know it (yet)!

tbm

When I get bothered by spammers or in cases of plagerism, I\'ve typically emailed the contact person and threatened to comment on my site about their unethical business practices. Sometimes this is all it takes.
    We will see.

**DONOTDELETE**

For less than 1000$ you could hire some hacker who would have lot\'s of fun with them...

For less than $1,000,000 you can hire a professional killer, but you don\'t see anyone doing that either.

Enlightened One

Sounds like a real rip off site, i emailed then to complain and i guess if we out them here, there product is **** etc.

Bruce, please send them this cease & desist letter. (Your last name is Boyd, right?) The guy\'s email address is support@18Pheromone.com.

Unfortunately, I can\'t send this email myself, as it wouldn\'t make legal sense to do so.

To Whom It May Concern:

It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use specific literature from the Love-Scent website (the \"Work\") in the preparation of a work derived therefrom. I have reserved all rights in the Work, first published in 1998. Your website, http://www.18pheromone.com/ is essentially identical to the Work and clearly used the Work as its basis.

Specific quotes that were stolen from the website include \"Want to attract that special someone?\", \"Interested in a little extra edge in business affairs?\", \"Ever wonder why some people seem to have it all?\", \"Pheromones may hold the key\", and the product description below this headline, as written below:
    \"Pheromones are natural chemical scents the body produces in order to attract others. They are well documented in the animal kingdom as the force that controls all social behavior, including mating. Scientists are now finding that human behavior is also heavily influenced by these invisible social magnets.\"

As you neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for your website (www.18pheromone.com) nor to make or distribute copies, including electronic copies, of same, I believe you have willfully infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein.

I demand that you immediately cease the use and distribution of all infringing works derived from the Work, and all copies, including electronic copies, of same, that you deliver to me, if applicable, all unused, undistributed copies of same, or destroy such copies immediately and that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future. If I have not received an affirmative response from you by November 30th, 2002 indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, I shall take further action against you.

Very truly yours,
    Bruce Boyd

Nice letter. Might try that. I\'d have to modify the \"or else\" clause though; I\'m not likely to carry it further.

By the way, I got a demand letter myself from a big law firm today, and get this... it\'s on behalf of Rolls-Royce! Wow! I guess we are really getting somewhere. :-)

\"Our client\'s attention has been drawn to your advertisement on the Internet in which you describe a product offered for sale by you as \'The Rolls Royce of androstenone products.\'\"

Bruce

Phero Pro

Sheesh...riduculous, isn\'t it?

Try \"Maserati\" and see what happens~ lol

**DONOTDELETE**

Don\'t!Wow, SabSpeaks, good cease and desist letter. Another IP law person! Cool!That often works, actually. It\'s the first step toward a case and most people recognize it as such, clutch their wallets, and take a hike.Bruce, you know you just want to reword the line MB refer to and write a brief letter indicating lack of any intent to infringe, right?

Phero Pharaoh

heh, that website would be easy to 0wn. It\'s a trivial joke.

- Krish

Bruce:

The \"or else\" clause doesn\'t bind you to anything. ALL cease and desist letters include some kind of consequence, phony or otherwise. If you want people to take you seriously, you must include it.

If I recall correctly. AOL sent a nasty cease and desist letter to the authors of an alternative IM client (GAIM) for trademark infringement (AIM). The authors simply threw away the letter. It\'s been 6 months or so and no word from AOL. This is a typical example of the kind of spineless legal threats that major firms spit out.

Greg

Heh yeah,

Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA31 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
    Interesting ports on (209.123.62.2):
    (The 1539 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
    Port State Service
    1/tcp open tcpmux
    21/tcp open ftp
    22/tcp open ssh
    25/tcp open smtp
    53/tcp open domain
    80/tcp open http
    110/tcp open pop-3
    111/tcp open sunrpc
    143/tcp open imap2
    443/tcp open https
    465/tcp open smtps
    993/tcp open imaps
    995/tcp open pop3s
    3306/tcp open mysql
    6666/tcp open irc-serv

Looks like the guy paid his little brother to set it up for him, HEH.

Phero Pharaoh

LOL. Yeah. That box is just asking for it.

- Krish

Sab,
    I looked at the home page, but I still don\'t get it. What does all that mean?
    Bruce

Phero Pharaoh

Those are open ports on the server. Like www.love-scent.com
    listens on port 80 since it\'s a web server. So, what that is is a scan of the open ports/services running on the web-server hosting that website. Like I said in my earlier post, according to the nmap scan sab posted, that website\'s security is a trvial joke. The idea behind this theory is, the more services a box runs, like www, sunrpc, ftp, smtp, etc., the harder it is to maintain to the latest version of all of those services, making the server more vulnerable to remote exploitation, e.g. possible of gaining root (administrative access) instantly. Chances are by the way this is setup, they don\'t maintain ANYTHING. teehee. Interesting isn\'t it?

- Krish

Thread Information