Close

Page 1 of 10 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl stuff

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Girl stuff

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Ladies: what\'s the best product you\'ve ever used for your hands/nails/hair? or share whatever beauty product for any use that you swear by.

I\'ve been taking vitamins called \"Hair Care from Within\" that Avon sells that contain wheat germ oil, millet seed extract, and L-cysteine - the label says \"Helps maintain healthy hair and nails while providing nutrients for the follicles\" --I figured I\'d try one bottle and see. I bought two more bottles. It also works for your nails and I ruined mine moving house. They\'ve grown back faster, my hair is silkier, and the spots at my temples that were thinning are growing back in (thank God). I think GNC also sells hair/nails vitamins. Anyway, the Avon ones work, I\'m surprised and pleased to tell you.

Phero Pro

Default Re: Girl stuff

Hope you don\'t mind a guy replying...

Nutrition-wise, the best thing for hair is the L-Cysteine you mentioned, available as an amino acid supplement. Taken together with Sodium Selenite, it will produce absolutely beautiful hair -- as you grow it, so of course we\'re talking a time committment here. I learned this in a book called \"Life Extension\" many years ago & tried it for the hell of it. Worked beautifully.

For hair I must have my Sebastian Potion 9. For once a week deep conditioning Joico K-Pak Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor. Both products are outstanding.

**DONOTDELETE**

Not at all, thanks for the tip, I\'ll try it. I\'ve got at least two more years of growing my hair before it\'s as long as I want it to be. Is there a certain proportion the two things have to be in when taken together? How much should you take of each daily?

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

Well the hair products I use are Lóreal, and from KMS. KMS is brilliant!

Sadhu

Oh and the best skin care products must be from skinbio! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJ-What products do you use from Skin Biology? I have heard great stuff about the CP Serum.

Sadhu

Elena, the CP serum is fantastic stuff. I can really recommend it. I´ve tried the trireduction stuff though only the samples. After that I had no money and still don´t.
    Also tried the oil and the body lotion. I prefer the lotion as it absorbs much quicker than the oil.
    Got a sample of the new retinol treatment, which is very good too. All in all, apart from the not so attractive package design, the chaotic website and the fact that ordering is very expensive indded, there´s only praise for skinbio products.
    If you´ve not checked out the forum yet and are interested I´d have a read through the posts. CJ

**DONOTDELETE**

Sebastian Potion No. 9 is truly da bomb. What\'s your favorite shampoo? I love Pantene Smooth and Sleek. And for finishing, this product from the drugstore called Citre Shine. Also, believe it or not, V05 Leave In conditioner. Both work best for me put on while my hair\'s still wet, before styling. (I\'ve got thick, curly hair that has to be weighted down so it doesn\'t frizz in this constant humidity.)Where do you get your deep conditioner? I don\'t think I\'ve ever seen that brand.CJ - what do the skin bio products do that makes them better than others?

Sadhu

I´ve not heard of any of those products. Are they only available in the US?

I used to use Citre Shine for years right before I blow dried my hair, but now that I discovered Potion 9, my Citre Shine sits under my sink hanging out with all the other cosmetic rejects. It\'s a good product, but 9 does everything it did and more. K-Pak can be found in any good salon, beauty supply store or purchased online. I recently picked some up at Albertsons. It\'s very heavy duty, so it\'s not for everyday use. I used to have zero product loyalty. I loved trying different things, but these are two products that I can\'t do without. I don\'t really have a favorite shampoo. I am currently using Baby Blonde by Fekkai. If anyone needs sunless tanning recommendations...just ask. I am quite the expert on self tanning.

CJ- Thanks for the Bio info. I am going to try some of the products. I\'ll check out the site as well.

Phero Pro

Oops...yep, there\'s a specific proportion recommended for the L-Cysteine amino acid and Sodium Selenite combination, but it was so long ago I don\'t recall what it was. I remember that the \"Life Extension\" book said take three or four 500-milligram capsules (about 2 grams) of L-Cysteine, but I don\'t recall how much Sodium Selenite -- but I don\'t think it was very much.

The book was written by Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw, who were probably considered nutritional supplement radicals at the time -- but they had the necessary scientific degrees and backgrounds and research to support their claims. They said that this \"hair nutrition\" formula was equivalent to eating 4 raw eggs per day, but without the calories or cholesterol. There was more to it than that, but you get the idea.

At any rate, the results are incredible. You\'ll look as if you\'ve been somehow genetically blessed to grow perfect hair -- extremely shiny, and very thick (in terms of diameter).

**DONOTDELETE**

Oh, WOW. I will definitely try that. Thanks for the tip.

CJ- I ordered the CP serum and will give a full review after I have used it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

hey so potion 9 is good for hair?

Pantero-It\'s awesome. It is a leave in conditioner/styler and leaves your hair in fantastic shape. The more you use it the healthier your hair looks and feels.

OK, here\'s my secret. You gotta keep this on DL. I use Pantene conditioner, (only a small amount), and I don\'t rinse it out. (It\'s not a leave-in). Leaves my hair unbelievably soft. Women come from miles around just to touch my head(s).

**DONOTDELETE**

Pantene\'s da bomb!

OK, my monitor is still so fuzzy I can hardly read it, but here\'s a tip (if no one\'s mentioned this). Take Biotin, it\'s a nutritional supplement that greatly aids hair and nail growth and health. I think the standard dose is 800 mcg and it is very inexpensive. It is especvially important for lowcarbers (discussion mentioned in off topic). Results take at least 8 weeks, but my nails are hard as glass. It helps hair too.

interesting way of styling hair for guys......

well, i know women like guys with nice hair, but not girly hair, so i try and take care of it, although it\'s semi short

i read an interesting way to style hair a few months back (this is how i style it)
    basically style your hair the way you normally would, and then run ur hand through it as if a woman would during sex (without messing up the style too much) and i added a few plevic thrusts that kind of send my bangs flying.... so when i go out my hair says \"i just had sex\" kind of like copulins do.

or maybe i\'m just obsessing about details ever since i learned women look at all the details

This is going to sound a little odd but here goes. My wife has beautiful, long dark hair. She uses a stuff called Mane and Tail that she buys in an equestrian supply shop. She says the stuff available in the store isn\'t the same or nearly as good.

**DONOTDELETE**

My sister swears by that stuff....mane and tail. I made fun of her for it, but it seems to work.
    My own hair is too short for any conditioners or junk like that. I just use a dab of Twisted Taffy and make whatever style I\'m feeling - 2 seconds and I\'m out the door. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, I tried making fun of my wife about it once. Did you know it\'s unhealthy to make ANY reference that a woman can construe as saying she has any similarity to a horse? Ouch! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Another guy chiming in.

I think strong healthy hair and nails require adequate protien intake, which most women don\'t get (in my opinion). Also, I suggest supplementing some essential fats in the diet as we don\'t get enough omega-3 fats. Flax oil and fish are good sources.

And don\'t forget vitamins and anti-oxidants. For hair and nails to LOOK healthy the body has to BE healthy. www.lef.org is a good source for info.

Default Nails

For good, strong nails, there is one answer - JELLO.

Whenever I eat jello or gelatin, I find I have to trim the nails ahead of schedule. It makes sense when you consider that gelatin is just boiled-down horse hoofs.

**DONOTDELETE**

I eat a very high protein diet and have good hair. It\'s my nails I was specifically concerned with. You\'d think good hair would mean good nails, but it doesn\'t seem to. I had had a conversation with another woman about skin care, so decided to open a thread so we could share beauty secrets.

I agree...I take Flax Seed Oil everyday. YUCK! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Flax seed oil, it is, then. Should I hold my nose when I take it? Biotin (thanks, Sophie!), jello, Sodium Selenim, L-cysteine, high protein diet, antioxidants, KMS, Potion No. 9 ... wow. My shopping list is getting long. Thanks for great tips.

You are forgetting the Joico K-Pak. Yes...hold your nose when you sip it. You can find it in the refrigerator section of any health food store. Omega 3 fatty acids have many substantial health benefits.

Sadhu

Pantero, what do you mean by a woman going through hair during sex. And whose hair?
    And just what is `girly hair´ I´ve never heard someone mention that before. Only in the 70´s and 80´s when guys were letting their hair gorw lung (er)

Page 1 of 10 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information