Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl stuff

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

Default Re: Girl stuff

visit-red-300x50PNG
    ponderer, why do you reckon that women don´t get enough protein?
    But speaking of proteins, it´s a strange issue in a way. Some people don´t get enough, enough of the proteins which are best for the human body and others actually take far too much.

Sadhu

If the flax seed oil is so bad to consume, why don´t you try Hempseed oil. It´s considered to be one of the best oils for the human body and it doesn´t taste that bad at all. Thing is you can´t heat it up. I´ve only just started using it myself, though not regularly yet. When I need oil to cook with I use olive oil.

I can´t really comment about products for helping non- shiny hair because mine´s always been shiny by nature.
    BTW I eat cheese regularly too. Not for my nails but because I love the stuff. However I´ve found that it is good for my nails too, they´re shinier. CJ

Is Hempseed Omega 3 Fatty acids?

**DONOTDELETE**

Isn\'t that strange -- when I eat cheese, I break out. Guaranteed. I love it but I can\'t eat it at all.

I read the FDA is trying to ban anything with hemp in it, so if you like what you\'re using, stock up. Let\'s hope they won\'t be successful.

**DONOTDELETE**

Right, Joico K-Pak!

Omega-3 fatty acids -- are those the fats in fish oil?

Yes, they are the fats in fish oils. That is another option. They sell fish oil tablets or for that matter...eat oily fish [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Ugh! Ever read Dr. Perricone? He\'s a dermatologist that was on public television with a program about how to eat for good skin, an anti-aging diet. Salmon three meals a day. I ate salmon till I thought I\'d grow gills. Now I can\'t even look at it anymore. It did make a difference, though, as promised. Has anyone tried his skin care line? The expense is prohibitive for me but I\'m curious.

I\'ll have to try the capsules.

Phero Pro

Default Re: Nails

Ylang Ylang EO is very good for making your nails stronger, too!

Sadhu

Speaking of fish... I do eat fish a lot too and a lot of it raw (sashimi) I just love that stuff. My absolute favourite, incidently is salmon, there´s other too `course. And I love things like scampis, lobster and so on although I don´t get the latter as often as I´d like too [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I´m lucky I live in an area where sea food is popular and always easlily available.

So the FDA wants to ban everything to do with hemp, huh. FDA is something to do witht he US gov, right - I do know but I forgot what it stands for. Any intelligent reasons for that? Thought not. Well luckily those tits don´t have a say in what people over here consume so stuff them, those anally obsessed d*ickheads. CJ

**DONOTDELETE**

! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry, I keep forgetting you\'re outside the US and don\'t have to deal with those particular d*ckheads.

Default The FDA

FDA equals Food and Drug Administration

They are subject to considerable political pressures. One is from the pharmaceutical companies - they want to stiffle Americans\' tendency to self-medicate with items for which the companies don\'t have patents for. The Religous Right also is still fighting the Drug Wars. The Republicans have to throw them a bone every now and again and the hemp user community is relatively unorganized so can be targeted painlessly.

Lastly is the consumer groups - the thalidomide catastrophe still carries political weight here.

The FDA is not one of our better governmental organizations. They are not totally useless to the public but are too often serving special interests under technocratic cover. Frankly, I regularly discount their \"scientific\" findings as does most of the thinking public.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: The FDA

They\'re after even the kids\' hemp bracelets/anklets, shampoos and soaps with hemp ... it can only be politically motivated; otherwise, it makes no sense at all.

Sadhu

FTR, none of it makes sense to me not really. Judging from what Whitehall wrote it sounds more like the usual self righteous, ignorant nonsense. On top of that economical and financial. I reckon it had jacksh*t to do with being concerned with peoples well being.
    BTW We got our own dickheads to deal with over here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

I don\'t doubt it. There does seem to be a preponderence of d*ckheads no matter where you go. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

CJ101,

Mmmm . . . Salmon sashimi. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] My favorite! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Banned User

\"BTW We got our own dickheads to deal with over here.\"

I got my own dickhead to deal with ... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

well during sex, sometimes a woman will grab onto the guys hair and pull it back (when she\'s being a bit aggressive while being f*cked) so i style my hair almost the same way as it looks after sex (if i were to stlye it exactly the way it looks, it would look very weird and unattractive)

girly hair = guys who should be in a pantene pro-v commercial waving their hair = fabio (the real fabio, the austrian)

some women like it, and it looks okay on very few guys, but the majority of men don\'t look good in long hair that is straight and styled and looks like they take more care of it than a woman takes care of hers

My hair always looks like I just had sex. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

I love long hair on men. That\'s one hippie fashion I wish would come back full force. Just saw Interview With The Vampire again last night. Brad Pitt and Antonio Banderas - both with long hair. To my mind, gorgeous. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

like i said, not every guy can pull it off...

brad pitt and antonio banderas can wear flannel pj\'s and women will still drop their panties...

now imagine george clooney or nicholas cage with the same wigs from interview with the vampire....... yuck

**DONOTDELETE**

Another two guys I\'d put in that same category as Brad and Antonio - not much they could do to ruin their looks, long hair included. I bet you\'d be surprised. They might look good.

Phero Pro

Nic Cage had long hair in Conair I believe, and it was ok actually.
    George Clooney with long hair? Dunno about that...

Some of us don\'t have much choice. My hair is so baby fine that the only 2 things I can do (believe me, I\'ve tried everything) is a pony tail or all shaved off. I look horrable bald, so a pony tail it is. Also, one use of a pony tail is a handle for the ladies ;~}

**DONOTDELETE**

CJ wrote:
    \"ponderer, why do you reckon that women don´t get enough protein?

But speaking of proteins, it´s a strange issue in a way. Some people don´t get enough, enough of the proteins which are best for the human body and others actually take far too much. \"

It\'s really a complex issue, but I see that a lot of women tend to be carb addicts. Because of a woman\'s hormonal fluctuations the carbs bring about a better sense of well being by increasing seratonin levels. Protien is usually a secondary consideration at most meals. And most meals are usually unbalanced high carb snacks. I don\'t want to generalize too much here as this probably applies to a lot of men too. But men are usually not as fearful of getting gaining fat from a larger meal that has a good helping of protien. And women who are watching their weight may opt for a smaller meal (ie salad) with only a little protien.

Protien is a very important nutrient. It is a building block for the body tissues, hormones, enzymes. It raises the metabolism. It helps control blood sugar levels in meals containing carbs.

How much do we need? That\'s a very individual thing. The important thing is balance. We all need the proper balance of protien, fats, and carbs. And the right balance of types of each of the protien, fats and carbs that we eat.

Also, In order for us to keep our metabolism high we need to take in enough calories. That means we should eat several small balanced meals during the day and NOT of just a couple big meals with some unbalanced snacks.

Does any of this make sense? This topic is really to big to cover here. Although I\'ll try if anyone has some more specific questions.

Ponderer

**DONOTDELETE**

Flax seed oil is very high in omega-3 fats, which humans really need. Most of these fats are destroyed in the processing of foods. Flax oil may tend to taste bitter to a lot of people, although it does have a nutty taste. The bitterness can be reduced by getting a good brand of fresh oil. I recommend Barleans and Flora brands, they are very fresh (usually) and have a pressing date on the bottle. Always get it from the refrigerated section of the health food store and refrigerate it yourself at home. One to two tablespoons a day is a good amount to start with. Hemp oil is good too, but more expensive than flax.

I usually add it to my morning chocolate protein shake. The nutty flavor compiliments the chocolate and any slight bitterness is covered up.

If anyone tries it out for a few weeks let us know what you find.

Ponderer

**DONOTDELETE**

! Ever read Dr. Perricone?

His book \"The Wrinkle Cure\" is very good. He emphasizes eating well to maintain healthy skin as well as using topical serums and such. I use one that has all the anti-oxidants, plus I use a little emu oil too.

**DONOTDELETE**

FDA = health Nazis

**DONOTDELETE**

Never read his book. I saw his program on public tv and did his diet for several days, ate salmon till I puked. My skin looked great, tho. I can\'t afford his creams, way outta my league. How\'s the emu oil - do you get that from skinbiology? What kind of skin do you have (dry/normal/oily)?

thank you, ponderer, good points! I eat yogurt and nuts for breakfast, meat and a low carb veggie for lunch, dinner is hit or miss lately due to my schedule, but the protein and high fiber lunch keeps me going for hours. That\'s the problem with excess carbs, I just get hungry and tired again in an hour so I try to avoid them. I used to be a carb addict as you described; it just didn\'t work for me and I finally figured out why.

I know it seems we\'re straying off topic on this thread, but good nutrition is so important for hair and nails and everything else, so really it does apply here. good advice about the flax oil too.

Phero Pro

To me it seems that people think each and every carb is the same thing...

That\'s the problem with excess carbs, I just get hungry and tired again in an hour so I try to avoid them. Now that\'s the typical reaction one gets from refined carbs I.e. sugar and foods with refined sugar. The carbs you get from whole grains do not have that effect on you because blood sugar levels only raise a little, and are kept at that level because these long-chained carbs take a pretty long time to be broken down, hence you\'ll have a lot of energy for a long time(unlike refined sugar which gets in the bloodstream immediately causing the bloodsugar levels to raise way too much (=hyperglycemia). Because of that, for a little moment, you\'ll feel like you have lots of energy but as your body will start OVERproducing insulin (because the sugars are coming into your blood SO fast your pancreas is OVERstimulated) your bloodsugar levels will go way down some time (you got it very right there: mostly it\'s only a matter of about one hour!) afterwards, causing you to feel tired (hypoglycemia).
    I eat lots of whole carbs, and it causes me to NEVER feel hungry (unless I\'ve been very active physically) throughout the whole day.

Now I\'m not saying that a low carb diet is bad, but what I want to say is: IF you eat carbs, eat high-quality carbs (and not the low-quality ones, only to blame carbs as a whole for the inconveniences the low-quality ones cause). The same goes for any nutrient.

There\'s a whole book on sugar. It\'s pretty old, but really good! Us modern people with our \"civilized eating habits\" could really learn a lot from it. It\'s really recommended: \"Sugar Blues, © 1975 by William Dufty\"

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread Information