Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: ZMA

Phero Pro

Default Re: ZMA

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I would guess that because most of your muscle growth occurs at night while sleeping, so that is when your body will be using the ZMA in the production of test (ie that is when you need the raw ingredents for test -- and ZMA are some of those ingredents).

**DONOTDELETE**

Does that mean you should excercise and stuff in order for this stuff to work best?

Phero Pro

yeah. I mean small muscle tears (which weight lifting induces) is the stimulas for muscle growth (when the tear heals it gets bigger, there being able to withstand future onslaughts of the same stress).

Journeyman

Bruce, when it comes to items I shop 3 main channels.
    When doing research and need bulk kilos
    www.kilosport.com
    When looking for good price/ultra quality
    www.beyond-a-century.com (mainly for me uses)
    When looking for sports, not normally carried by the other two.
    www.1fast400.com

ZMa should be tops of any guys list.
    Both minerals play a role in cytochrome-P450 enzymatic activity, increasing clearance of circulating estrogens.
    By lowering E levels you can Boost the bodies ability to raise T. On top of that zinc in general is good for test production as a mineral supporting enzymes to produce(again same pathway). On the opposite end Mag is wonderful for nerves and bowel function as secondary effects. Magnesium Citrate is the form I use in a powder mix. Really good for calming nervous tension. Magnesium also activates calcium....However Calcium inhibits Zinc absorption. To boot, Calcium levels go to high its toxic(many people DON\'T know this part).

This is just a small part of what you can do with ZMA, the calming properties of magnesium - improved sleep = improved recovery.

Mike

I\'m thinking about trying ZMA but what are the effects if I don\'t lift weights?Also,is it safe to take it if I\'m in my 20\'s?

It\'s fully safe for any age, all it does is maximise your own natural T producing potential.

Banned User

Syntrax discount products check out Aromazap and FUZU for boosting your own natural pheromone production...it will boost it more than ZMA alone naturally.

King of the coupons!

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Syntrax discount products check out Aromazap and FUZU for boosting your own natural pheromone production...it will boost it more than ZMA alone naturally.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

9 - I just checked the prices on the products that I normally order, and DPS Nutrition is much cheaper. The only difference is that Muscle.com\'s shipping is cheaper, but it doesn\'t make up for the prices. DPS\'s Muscle Milk runs for 19.99, Muscle.com\'s 24.99: DPS\'s Dimaxx Creatine\'s 39.99, Muscle.com\'s 54.99. DPS\'s shipping is 4.95 UPS for everything under 5 or 10 pounds, can\'t remember. Anyway, you may want to check DPS out, could save you a buck or two. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Journeyman

hey, i asked some questions about ZMA a few weeks ago, but forgot to ask this: what if I am already getting magnesium, zinc, and B complex from a multivitimin? Mine\'s a long acting, slow release with 100% DV (15mg) of Zinc through Zinc Sulfate, and 25% (100mg)of magnesium through magnesium oxide. Would it be overkill to supplement ZMA at night? There\'s only a small amount of calcium in the supplement, 50mg or 5%, so im probably getting relatively good absorbtion. What do you guys think?

Banned User

Try to get ZMA without Calcium, because calcium hinders the effectiveness of ZMA

Journeyman

I understand that, but this is what I\'m aski

Would the effect of ZMA be simmilar to taking Zinc and Magnesium in large amounts through a multi-vitamin (see above), even though it is technically different from the standard ZMA formula? And if I\'m only getting a super-small dosage of calcium (5%), would absorbtion be significantly affected?

Banned User

the zinc and magnesium in seperate form is not the same as Zinc Magnesium Asparate(ZMA). ZMA is more effective at ellevating Test levels. A little calcium probably want hurt, but none at all would be better.

Phero Pro

ZMA is da shzitnit. I take a multivitiam before and after I started using ZMA and there is a difference. ZMA is def. worth it.

Journeyman

did you worry \'bout mag or zinc OD? I\'m not sure if i even need the stuff if im getting a lot already from my multivitamin. It has only 25% RDA mag but 100% zinc and 2500% B6 (extended release).

Phero Pro

nope. since I started taking ZMA I have felt a lot better.

Phero Dude

--------------------------------------------------------

3. Who needs it and what are some symptoms of deficiency?

Any bodybuilder looking to gain strength, increase athletic performance, and muscle mass should consider taking ZMA. There have been many studies showing that most athletes are deficient in zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B-6. This is not a good thing for any athlete! The effect of zinc depletion on muscle function was tested on eight male subjects. This study demonstrated that muscle endurance, or total work capacity, declines rapidly with acute zinc depletion and the degree of the decline is correlated with the reduction in plasma zinc concentration. Many other studies show that after participating in regular intense exercise athletes\' levels of zinc and magnesium decreases deeply.

4. How much should be taken? Are there any side effects?

The dosage and proportion is very important. You can\'t just take a multi-vitamin to get these results. Most successful ZMA products have: Vitamin B6: 11mg, Magnesium: 450mg, Zinc: 30mg. This product is all-natural and there are no known side effects. It is safe for men and women.
    ---------------------------------------------------

I asked a friend of mine (who is a doctor) why and how this ZMA works and why it aids sleep. His answer was :
    What works is not exactly the zinc or b6 , they are ONLY needed by the body if u don\'t get enaugh of these through your food.
    Magnesium however is the magic ingredient. Or to say it better : A hefty magnesium OVERDOSE ! Ususally any normal man gets around 350 - 400mg magnesium through his daily food...with ZMA however u take a double or even a triple dose on top of your daily dosis = Overdose , sure u sleep much better , because you are almost in a coma state...wich is actually benificial for your body. YOu can\'t really over-overdose on magnesium because if have WAY too much of it , the body will get rid of it with your next toilet visit !

So basically...u CAN supplement zink and b6 with any cheap ass vitamin supplemet , and if u want to add ZMA-like effects , get your hands on lots of cheap magnesium and use it in similar OD amounts prior to sleep = 100% the same effect. ZMA products sure work , but they are a outragous in terms of cost !!!! WHy pay more if u can get the same ALOT cheaper...

King of the coupons!

T-Bird - ZMA is a lot cheaper at DPS Nutritions. Consuming all that Magnesium is not the same as taking ZMA. Remember...your friend said it was for a sound sleep. Annd, you\'ll be taking a lot of pills together instead of 3 or 4 from ZMA. Just a thought. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

i spend a lot more money on other supplements compared to ZMA.

Phero Dude

Ok just spend 2 hours tryng to fin the best magnesium available on the market , and accidently tripped over the info : The only ONLY ONLY magnesium that Really raises magnesium levels in blood (so u get the ZMA effect / faster regeneration better sleep) is organic magnesium , preferably and tested as the best = magnesiumcitrat !!!
    Lucky me , cos its verrrrrry cheap here....All the other shizznit like magnesiumoxif WILL NOT HAVE ANY EFFECTS whatsoever because the body doesn\'t absorb it at all. I found this info on many sites with studys (german site,doctors) and also read about it on an open forum where people with a special illness (neverending muscle pain) are treated with Magnesium to calm the pain ...they reported , that when they took magnesiumoxif-type of products , magnesium levels in the blood dropped so they had to get back to needel injections , wich garuantee 100% absorbtion. Then sombody came up with magnesiumcitrat , wich was able to raise the levels just as good as the injections.

+ @ MObley ZMA\'s main working ingredient is the large amount of easy absorbable magnesium..nothing else ! Go get some cheap magnesiumcitrat powder take 2-3 teespoons of it for a good OD and experience exactly the same ZMA effect !!!

Keep in mind 1800 mg magnesiumcitrat equal 300mg magnesium

I get get 100gr magensiumcitrat for 6 euro @ the local \"Apotheke\". Best quality , cheapest price.

Sure its good to spice it up with vitamic C and extra zink...if needed...

+ Not all ZMA\'s products out there are the same...alot of them use magensiumoxid wich won\'t do [bad word] for yah, cos its not absorbed , so u just buy a placebo

Taking zinc on its own has made a difference.

FYI, you should be taking 2x the RDA for zinc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread Information