Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: ZMA

Default ZMA

visit-red-300x50PNG
    hey guys, for those who workout, and use ZMA

it actually was working, giving me an ultra-fast recovery period, vivid dreams, and etc.
    unfortunately, EVERYTHING that the label said it would do came true, including the side effect of acne, due to the increased testosterone-like effects [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] i was hoping maybe i would get lucky, but alas, that\'s the side-effect

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

but for those of you who don\'t have a problem with having a bit of acne, and want to workout a lot, ZMAis the way to go it seems

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: ZMA

I\'ve heard about ZMA and plan to look into it when I get back into working out.

-The Bat

I think Whitehall was telling me about this stuff a while ago but never ran accross it. I just did a little search for it now and it looks like it is worth checking out. Here is a page with a lot of info on it and what seems to be a good deal.
    https://www.Immunesupport.com/shop/product.cfm?product__code=PH164

Anyone know of any better deals/quality on this stuff?

Bruce

Phero Pro

I have used Z-mass PM for months and can really see the benefits..not to mention it helps with sleep like no other..for the money it\'s worth it.

I just ordered some at vitaminshoppe.com. Their house brand was less than $14. for 90 caps. The formula is a little different from the one I posted above. I might see if I can get some at a local health food store. I am anxious to try it.
    Thanks for starting the thread,
    Bruce

Phero Dude

I\'m curious, what results are you seeing from using ZMA?

The most notable are strength gains and quicker recover times..the side effect of deep restful sleep was a nice benefit too as i tend to be an insomniac ..

Phero Dude

Thanks for the info - might try it since I workout a lot and also an insomniac

Anybody ever see this stuff in a normal health food shop? Or do you have to buy it mailorder?
    Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**

Is it only for men?

I\'ve used ZMA and found it a good deal - effective, few side effects, and low cost. The theory is that these minerals are necessary for the enzmes that are involved in testosterone production and conversion. Take three capsules before bed with water.

As to a woman taking it, if she already had high testosterone she might be headed someplace she really doesn\'t want to go. But, yes, the enzymes are the same in men and women but there might be other rate-limiting conditions in women. The suppliers seem to think that women should buy their product too.

I\'ve seen this stuff under various brands in health food stores, on the net, in bodybuilders stores, and even at the drug store. It\'s all the same stuff so decide on price.

Phero Dude

I\'ve seen it at the vitaminshoppe retail store I go to here in NY but just never tried it so I\'m sure they must have it if they have retail stores where you are.

Phero Pro

does it matter if it is a particluar formation of ZMA? I take a couple of other supplements that combine to form simialar dosages of zinc, mg, and B6. They are in my glucosaime supplement and some other supplement I have.(which does not contain calicum -- which I heard can interfear with absorbation).

The \"A\" in \"ZMA\" is for asparate or somesuch - it is important to assure assimilation. The three caps in a dose is because you need a hefty amount of what are essentially mineral salts. I wouldn\'t expect other mixes to work as well.

Phero Pro

thanks.

I know quite a few ladies who take ZMA with no side effects and swear by it...the break down for women is zinc=23mg magnesium=338mg ..

Phero Pro

i don\'t think most women should worry about a 30% increase in test levels (which is probably the figure for males -- who knows what it is for females). When women take massive amounts of hormones then the increse becomes huge enough for masculaztion.

The ZMA labels I read recommend 3 caps (all together at bed time) for men, 2 for females.

Women naturally have quite a bit of testosterone in their blood too. It is the controller of libido in both men and women. Women who feel they are a little low in the libido department might want to talk to a doctor (who belives in natural treatments) about something like ZMA on a regular basis. It could also be something you save for those romantic moments. If is shoots your T level up so well, it might be good to get you \"in the mood.\"
    Bruce

Enlightened One

Wanna sell it through love-scent at all. I know you touched on it a while back, could make it available for forum members only or something.

Watcher,
    It has long been a dream of mine to put together a health/longevity website. Not sure when/if I\'ll ever get to it, but maybe a good step in the right direction would be to add some romance oriented supplements like ZMA.
    Thanks,
    Bruce

Enlightened One

Could do as a tie in with the herbal supplements of delightfully intimate. It would be probably better to keep the main focus on the pheromones but you could expand it on the side.

Got some ZMA from Vitaminshoppe and been taking it every night for about a week. Sleeping MUCH better than normal. Normally, I wake up once every night, take a piss and often need a few mgs of melotonin and an hour at the computer to get sleepy again. So far with the ZMA I sleep straight through or get up briefly in a daze and immediately crash out again.
    Bruce

Stranger

Yeah I have heard good things about ZMA. I haven\'t gone down that road yet. But another way to boost T is to use Tribex-500, from Biotest. This elevated my T levels, and gave me some acne too.

A bit of an odd question i know but, what the hell.

Would taking ZMA help the general health of an elderly man (around 75). He is suffering from sleeplessness, weakness... I\'m just wondering if it might be bad for him in some way.

Find a doctor that knows something about longevity stuff. My guess is that I will be taking it when I am that age. Melatonine might be a good idea. There are quite a few good books on that supplement on the shelves.
    Bruce

Thanks Bruce, I\'ll get inquiring.

Before I go, is there anyone with a bit of a background in medicine that has any input? Thanks.

Phero Pro

Well captin the ZMA will could boost his test levels, so the question is is that bad for him. In my opinion (I am not an expert -- this is based on a very general understanding of the subject) but I don\'t think it would hurt him. In fact it would probably help. Most of what we consider aging is really just a decline in muscle which is really just a decline in anabolic hormones (the main one being test). Test. will decline in men as they age if they don\'t exercise (esp weight lifting) but this not really a viable alternative for elderly people because of medical complications (such as joint problems). But recently I saw on a local news broadcast there was this medical study conducted and some elderly women (60\'s I think) were put on a moderate \"weight resistence\" (a combo of pulleys, free weights, and machines) and they all made sizable improvements. Their bone density increased (reducing their risk for osteoprosis), muscle strength incresed, baclance, etc.

PS- On a side note, I would like to say this ZMA stuff WORKS!!!! I have been taking it (I also take some glucosamine/chonrdotin tablets, twinlab brand -- which also has good amount of zinc and magnesium -- combining that with the ZMA tablets I end up a with a good dose of this). I have always sleep well, but my muscle soreness is going down a lot faster. Last night I did my arms (tri\'s, bi\'s, and forearms), and usually my arms would be sore for a little less than 2 days. Well they are barely sore now. Usually the fatigue would have set in this morning and my arms would be on fire right now. But they only get sore when I flex them, and it is not even that much. And I pushed my arms hard like I always do. I have noticed similar reapid healing in other body parts -- like chest.

Thanks druid.

I think now my only concern would be extra estrogen conversion.

**DONOTDELETE**

Any idea why you are supposed to take this before bedtime? Does it make you drowsy?

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information