Women\'s forum very quiet these last few days, so here is a topic for discussion.

Are a man\'s looks that important to you, or not really? For myself I have always placed appearance secondary to many other considerations, and wonder if I\'m unusual, or do looks really count that much when a woman is seeking a man.

Grooming/cleanliness is important of course (to a degree, I don\'t want him so immaculate that he\'s afraid to get \"dirty\" ahem), but to me a man does not have to be really handsome to be attractive. Personality, attitude, confidence, behaviour, sense of humor, these all count much more to me than looks.

And specificallly, does a man have to be muscularly buff, or are teddy bears OK? Personally I always thought teddy bear types are just fine, though everything depends on the total package (the attributes I mentioned before).

I have often wondered what other women look for, because from reading these boards, I sometimes think men think we are as visually oriented as they are, and I have never felt this to be true. No offense, guys, just trying to help you out too, but I have thought about this a lot, and maybe I am just unusual, because I try to see the inner person more than the outer person. Or I think I do. Not to say I would never look a little at a buff handsome guy, but it\'s the whole package that counts.