Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
    Man of La Pancha

Default Re: Logic Used to Confuse

visit-red-300x50PNG
    First of

all, it was a joke. Second of all, it wasn\'t referring to what sustains a relationship but what differentiates

it.

I didn\'t say for a second that regular sex would give you a great, successful relationship. I said

it\'s the main output from having one. Looking at it from an emotionally-neutral, cynical standpoint (including

the \"nobody has a soulmate, just someone you can stand long enough to live with\" philosophy), what else does it

give you that you couldn\'t get from your best friend?

Relationships require communication, love,

support, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

As far as what you want from a relationship? Well, you\'ve

better be getting one of two things:

1. Peace of mind that you have the most wonderful person that you

connect with on an unbelievably close level and feel that no matter what happens in your life you will always love

and be loved by that one special person in your life.
    2. Regular sex.

I\'m sorry, if you\'re cheap

like me, 3 things:

3. Split the cost of rent/mortgage and utilities...tax breaks...etc.

But you can

have a relationship and not live together, so it\'s more of a bonus for co-habitating relationships.

Even

then, I\'d see #1 as a stretch for differentiating from friendship because I felt that way about my best female

friend before we actually started going out...

Anyway, it was a joke, just like my horrible

simplification above, and anyone who knew me well enough, even in the confines of this forum, would know that I was

giving a cynically analytical view that doesn\'t reflect at all the feelings I have of relationships...since most

people make fun of me on here for idealizing marriage for being the thing I hope I will one day be able to properly

(as in forever) engage in when the appropriate time comes.

As for being a horn-dog...\"Don\'t worry about

me. I won a contest!!!\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PS: I am fully aware that I make bad jokes. The

person/people giving every one of my postings 1-star remind(s) me every day. Maybe one day he/she/they will upgrade

to wasting a few minutes of their time telling me exactly why and how bad my postings suck...besides the obvious.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Banned User

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

PS: I am fully aware that I make bad jokes.

The person/people giving every one of my postings 1-star remind(s) me every day. Maybe one day he/she/they will

upgrade to wasting a few minutes of their time telling me exactly why and how bad my postings suck...besides the

obvious. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

OMG....OMFG.....GD....Panchoh mate...this is very sad behaviour, I think you need to address

some issues

Man of La Pancha

</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

PS: I am fully aware that I make bad jokes. The person/people giving

every one of my postings 1-star remind(s) me every day. Maybe one day he/she/they will upgrade to wasting a few

minutes of their time telling me exactly why and how bad my postings suck...besides the obvious.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

OMG....OMFG.....GD....Panchoh mate...this is very sad behaviour, I think you need to address

some issues

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

???

Banned User

</font><blockquote><font

PS: I

am fully aware that I make bad jokes. The person/people giving every one of my postings 1-star remind(s) me every

day. Maybe one day he/she/they will upgrade to wasting a few minutes of their time telling me exactly why and how

bad my postings suck...besides the obvious. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

OMG....OMFG.....GD....Panchoh mate...this is very sad behaviour, I think

you need to address some issues

???

<hr

a lost cause I see

Man of La Pancha

I like when

people read something and say, \"That\'s just sad,\" without any reasoning behind it whatsoever.

Yes, it must

be very sad that I write bad jokes. If that\'s true, then everyone is sad because everybody\'s jokes are bad to

someone. I\'m just admitting that many people don\'t like them. I guess that\'s sad. In fact, I should seek

help because I think that somebody on earth doesn\'t like my jokes. I am perfect and everybody loves what I have

to say. I should only write what makes everybody happy, and God forbid that I do anything outside of this

mindset.

It\'s so sad that I admit that many people give me 1-star and that I request someone to give me

feedback on that rating so that maybe I can understand their viewpoint. God forbid I wonder just what goes on in

other people\'s heads.

That\'s just sad. In fact, I\'m going to seek counseling at once to guess as to why

anyone would not like anything I have to say because I am perfect and everybody should love me!!!

Give me a

break...

I like when people read something and say,

\"That\'s just sad,\" without any reasoning behind it whatsoever.

Yes, it must be very sad that I write bad

jokes. If that\'s true, then everyone is sad because everybody\'s jokes are bad to someone. I\'m just

admitting that many people don\'t like them. I guess that\'s sad. In fact, I should seek help because I think

that somebody on earth doesn\'t like my jokes. I am perfect and everybody loves what I have to say. I should

only write what makes everybody happy, and God forbid that I do anything outside of this mindset.

It\'s so sad

that I admit that many people give me 1-star and that I request someone to give me feedback on that rating so that

maybe I can understand their viewpoint. God forbid I wonder just what goes on in other people\'s

heads.

That\'s just sad. In fact, I\'m going to seek counseling at once to guess as to why anyone would not

like anything I have to say because I am perfect and everybody should love me!!!

Give me a break...

<hr

Wow Pancho. That was really sad.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Man of La Pancha

</font><blockquote><font

I like when people read something and say, \"That\'s just sad,\" without

any reasoning behind it whatsoever.

Yes, it must be very sad that I write bad jokes. If that\'s true, then

everyone is sad because everybody\'s jokes are bad to someone. I\'m just admitting that many people don\'t

like them. I guess that\'s sad. In fact, I should seek help because I think that somebody on earth doesn\'t

like my jokes. I am perfect and everybody loves what I have to say. I should only write what makes everybody

happy, and God forbid that I do anything outside of this mindset.

It\'s so sad that I admit that many people

give me 1-star and that I request someone to give me feedback on that rating so that maybe I can understand their

viewpoint. God forbid I wonder just what goes on in other people\'s heads.

That\'s just sad. In fact,

I\'m going to seek counseling at once to guess as to why anyone would not like anything I have to say because I am

perfect and everybody should love me!!!

Give me a break...

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Wow Pancho. That was really sad. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

<hr

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Pancho, I

think originally someone (I don\'t remember who it was) was trying to look out for you, by saying that the general

tone of your post was a little too self-deprecating for someone with high self-esteem. It probably reminded them of

their own struggles with insecurity or bad feelings about themselves, whether past or present. I don\'t think they

originally meant \"sad\" as in \"pathetic.\"

But you were sort of \"playing into a game\" in this

thread for a while, because you didn\'t get the original point, and no one wanted to explain it. They wanted you

to get it on your own, I am guessing.

It never works to invite anything but purely constructive

criticism of oneself, and then only judiciously and in small proportion to the amount of praise you invite. Because

any sign of biological submission biologically invites domination. Every instinct and hormone and biochemical in

someone\'s body will then be prompting them to try to assert domination over you. It just doesn\'t work as a

strategy with other people, because people are monkeys, and monkeys can\'t resist. Offering something something in

a submissive way might be giving them something; but it is the one kind of giving that is sure to be met with even

more taking.

For example, even reading your \"...I might be wrong\" signature is enough to trigger

domination instincts in some people. It is definitely not taken as just, \"Wow, what wonderfully agreeable guy!\"

It can sometimes be taken that way too, but always with a pinch of inviting domination to go along with it.

I think we all have to deal with ourselves as monkeys, consciously, before moving on to other aspects of

day-to-day life. Then it is an interesting challenge to find a middle path that leads to excellence. Bush is an

example of someone who failed at this. He takes the other extreme, the \"I\'m always right, and you\'re

wrong\" approach. Kerry is also failing in this regard, as he too often communicates that \"both sides are right

in their own way!\" So he is seen as a \"straddler\". But since people are monkeys first, Bush will probably win

the election, since he acts more dominant; unless Kerry matures as a man quickly, especially since there is so much

monkey business to attend to in the world. That is sad to me, as Bush is so wrong about so many things. But right

now we live in very primitive society and world. The L-S forum is no exception.

It never works to invite anything but purely

constructive criticism of oneself, and then only judiciously and in small proportion to the amount of praise you

invite. Because any sign of biological submission biologically invites domination. Every instinct and hormone and

biochemical in someone\'s body will then be prompting them to try to assert domination over you. It just

doesn\'t work as a strategy with other people, because people are monkeys, and monkeys can\'t resist. Offering

something something in a submissive way might be giving them something; but it is the one kind of giving that is

sure to be met with even more taking. Even reading your \"might be wrong\" signature is enough to trigger

domination instincts in some people. It is not taken as just, \"Wow, what wonderfully agreeable guy!\" It can

sometimes be taken that way too, but always with a pinch of inviting domination to go along with it.

I think we

all have to deal with ourselves as monkeys, consciously, before moving on to other aspects of day-to-day life.

Sheesh, Doc. The \"of course I could be wrong\" is Dennis

Miller\'s tagline. Tongue in cheek? Sardonicus maximus? It\'s not submissive, it\'s the the prelude to

\"Ahhh, fu** it. Who wwants pie?\" And as long as we\'re talking submissive stuff here, why does all the body

language literature refer to submissive and baby-like gestures as a form of inviting others to approach? slove that

stuff, too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

slove that stuff, too.

<hr

Oops. Shoulda been \"monkeys love that stuff, too\". Couldn\'t edit

it. I\'m sooo sorry. I must be fallible. Imperfect. Humble. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font

It never works to invite anything but purely constructive criticism of

oneself, and then only judiciously and in small proportion to the amount of praise you invite. Because any sign of

biological submission biologically invites domination. Every instinct and hormone and biochemical in someone\'s

body will then be prompting them to try to assert domination over you. It just doesn\'t work as a strategy with

other people, because people are monkeys, and monkeys can\'t resist. Offering something something in a submissive

way might be giving them something; but it is the one kind of giving that is sure to be met with even more taking.

Even reading your \"might be wrong\" signature is enough to trigger domination instincts in some people. It is not

taken as just, \"Wow, what wonderfully agreeable guy!\" It can sometimes be taken that way too, but always with a

pinch of inviting domination to go along with it.

I think we all have to deal with ourselves as monkeys,

consciously, before moving on to other aspects of day-to-day life.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Sheesh, Doc. The \"of course I could be wrong\" is Dennis Miller\'s tagline. Tongue in

cheek? Sardonicus maximus? It\'s not submissive, it\'s the the prelude to \"Ahhh, fu** it. Who wwants pie?\"

And as long as we\'re talking submissive stuff here, why does all the body language literature refer to submissive

and baby-like gestures as a form of inviting others to approach? slove that stuff, too.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">Sure, it invites

them to approach; to dominate you. If you are going to trigger caretaking instincts as a grown man, you have to

balance that.

It doesn\'t matter a [censored] where he got that quote, Peachy. The effect is the same on a

psychological level. He posted it, not Miller. the rest was left out. The overall meaning is submissive, IMO. No big

deal though -- just a convenient example.

</font><blockquote><font

slove that stuff, too.

Oops. Shoulda been \"monkeys love that stuff, too\". Couldn\'t edit it. I\'m sooo sorry. I must be

fallible. Imperfect. Humble. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">
    There is a big difference between submission and humility! We too often use false \"humility\"

as an excuse to justify submission. That lets us keep our victim status.

There is a big difference between submission

and humility! We too often use false \"humility\" as an excuse to justify submission. That lets us keep our victim

status.

O.k. You\'ll insist on reading into the Miller

line no matte what I say.

We just as often use brute force where it isn\'t necessary. In fact \"we\" do

all kinds of weird stuff. But I agree with you about dropping the victim trip, no matter how it gets promoted. I do

see your point, btw. Not putting oneself down is a starting point. However, the most secure, self-respecting people

I have ever met are generally the first to admit their imperfections and accept them without hesitation. So I think

it\'s less a matter of what you do than the how and why of doing it.

She: \" I really suck at vehicle

maintenance. I just don\'t get it.\" (shrugs shoulders, palms up)

He: (gently removing the wrench from her

hand) \"Well, little darlin\', just let me take a look.\"

She: \"Gee, thanks.\"

He: \"Why

don\'t you go on back in the house now?\"

She: (removes wrench from HIS hand) \"Why don\'t you go back

in the house now? And maybe you can fix us something to eat while I\'m down at the auto supply buying a manual for

this ^%$^$!! thing.\"

Gee. I guess you\'re right. Humble &lt;&gt; submissive.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

She: \" I really suck at vehicle maintenance.

I just don\'t get it.\" (shrugs shoulders, palms up)

He: (gently removing the wrench from her hand) \"Well,

little darlin\', just let me take a look.\"

She: \"Gee, thanks.\"

He: \"Why don\'t you go on back in

the house now?\"

She: \"Why don\'t you go back in the house now? And maybe you can fix us something to eat

while I\'m down at the auto supply buying a manual for this ^%$^$!! thing.\"

Gee. I guess you\'re right.

Humble &lt;&gt; submissive. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Damn, I am so turned on right now! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Man of La Pancha

Pancho, I think originally someone (I don\'t

remember who it was) was trying to look out for you, by saying that the general tone of your post was a little too

self-deprecating for someone with high self-esteem. It probably reminded them of their own struggles with insecurity

or bad feelings about themselves, whether past or present. I don\'t think they originally meant \"sad\" as in

\"pathetic.\"

But you were sort of \"playing into a game\" in this thread for a while, because you didn\'t

get the original point, and no one wanted to explain it. They wanted you to get it on your own, I am guessing.

It

never works to invite anything but purely constructive criticism of oneself, and then only judiciously and in

small proportion to the amount of praise you invite. Because any sign of biological submission biologically invites

domination. Every instinct and hormone and biochemical in someone\'s body will then be prompting them to try to

assert domination over you. It just doesn\'t work as a strategy with other people, because people are monkeys, and

monkeys can\'t resist. Offering something something in a submissive way might be giving them something; but it is

the one kind of giving that is sure to be met with even more taking.

For example, even reading your \"...I

might be wrong\" signature is enough to trigger domination instincts in some people. It is definitely not taken as

just, \"Wow, what wonderfully agreeable guy!\" It can sometimes be taken that way too, but always with a pinch of

inviting domination to go along with it.

I think we all have to deal with ourselves as monkeys, consciously,

before moving on to other aspects of day-to-day life. Then it is an interesting challenge to find a middle path that

leads to excellence. Bush is an example of someone who failed at this. He takes the other extreme, the \"I\'m

always right, and you\'re wrong\" approach. Kerry is also failing in this regard, as he too often communicates

that \"both sides are right in their own way!\" So he is seen as a \"straddler\". But since people are monkeys

first, Bush will probably win the election, since he acts more dominant; unless Kerry matures as a man quickly,

especially since there is so much monkey business to attend to in the world. That is sad to me, as Bush is so wrong

about so many things. But right now we live in very primitive society and world. The L-S forum is no exception.

You think

you\'re better than me? You think you\'re better than me?!?!?!?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I get your

point, and I admit that I wasn\'t trying to prove a point in my original post as I was just taking a shot at

people who make relationships so damn complicated. It\'s like breaking baseball down into \"You throw the ball,

you hit the ball, you catch the ball.\" No one ever says, \"You live together, you sleep together, you screw

together,\" or, \"You talk, you eat, you have sex,\" but it would be funny (to me) if they did.

Hell, I

didn\'t even read most of the thread...sorry I missed a point that I didn\'t try to grasp.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Elana has hijacked many more threads than I have.

As for submissive behavior, I just like to admit that I am, in

fact, human and my jokes aren\'t funny to everyone but I find them amusing. I\'ll also be the first to admit

that I talk a lot of nonsense in an effort to see the world in a different way (think Dead Poets Society).

I\'ll think next time before I admit to being imperfect...I didn\'t know humility would \"put me at the mercy

of those who wish to exert dominance.\"

An interesting aside on dominance...I read that dogs do such things, and

the submissive one bears its neck in a sign of defeat. However, the dog just recognizes its victory, and they both

go on with their lives. If dogs can exert themselves in a...\"humane\" manner...I think humans can, too.

[quote
    Damn, I am so turned on right now! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Ummm, then

maybe you won\'t mind keeping the toast light, not too much butter, and maybe wear that new ruffly apron? You look

sooooo cute in it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Man of La Pancha

Yes, it is

just a Dennis Miller line.

...if you want to read into it, it\'s also very ironic because most of the time

I don\'t express an opinion but just write a joke about something or play \"Devil\'s Advocate\" as I\'m

known for...

[quote
    Damn, I am so turned on right now!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<hr

Ummm, then maybe you won\'t mind keeping the toast light, not too much

butter, and maybe wear that new ruffly apron? You look sooooo cute in it!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I like the

housecoat with the puffy sleeves. Put that on and make us a few eggs.... lightly scrambled. We will be having our

Mimosa\'s on the porch. Do hurry

[quote

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<hr

Oh lordy! Yer

a whiz at fixin\' up cars, ya know how to dress yer man up right snazzy like \'n I\'ll be danged if ya

ain\'t a sweet talker too. Yer darn tootin\' I\'ll butter yer toast up right good.

</font><blockquote><font

Damn, I am

so turned on right now! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Ummm, then

maybe you won\'t mind keeping the toast light, not too much butter, and maybe wear that new ruffly apron? You look

sooooo cute in it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

I like the housecoat with the puffy sleeves. Put that on and make us a few eggs.... lightly

scrambled. We will be having our Mimosa\'s on the porch. Do hurry

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

I don\'t know, Elana...you any good at automotive repair?

</font><blockquote><font

[quote

<hr

Oh lordy! Yer

a whiz at fixin\' up cars, ya know how to dress yer man up right snazzy like \'n I\'ll be danged if ya

ain\'t a sweet talker too. Yer darn tootin\' I\'ll butter yer toast up right good.

<hr

So you\'re a switch. I was wondering about you.

</font><blockquote><font

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr

/>

<hr

Oh lordy! Yer

<hr

D\'y\'all

mean a hick\'ry switch...like my granny used when she\'d drag me out behind the wood shed and tan my hide?

Banned User

what have you

guys done to my original post??????????

what have you guys done to my original

post??????????

That occasionally happens around here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font

what have you guys done to my original post??????????

<hr

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] That occasionally

happens around here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Whachu talking bout? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr

/>
    </font><blockquote><font

<hr

Ummm, then maybe you won\'t mind keeping the toast light, not too

much butter, and maybe wear that new ruffly apron? You look sooooo cute in it!

Oh lordy!

Yer a whiz at fixin\' up cars, ya know how to dress yer man up right snazzy like \'n I\'ll be danged if ya

<hr

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

D\'y\'all mean a hick\'ry switch...like my granny used when she\'d drag me out

behind the wood shed and tan my hide?

Nope. I meant switch

like you like to come on all alpha male, but you also dig it when a lass sticks her stiletto in your back and tells

you to like it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<font color=\"red\"> Elana, you KNOW he

kiss Peachy! </font>

This was long to read... Some

good point of views.. Good post.
    A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do."

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SweetBrenda
    This was long to

read... Some good point of views.. Good post.
    It was quick reading for me and yes good points.

It was probably quick reading for you

because you already knew everything, hussy

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Elana
    It was probably quick

reading for you because you already knew everything, hussy
    Well, I am WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information