Close

Default \"learn\" to smell a-none

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Unfortunately I can\'t smell a-none. So I don\'t know exactly how much to apply and how much to cover. There\'s always this OD risk. Is there a way to \"learn\" to smell pheros? (maybe by smelling pheros everyday, ... don\'t know)

Is there anyone who first couldn\'t smell pheros and now is able to smell them?

jebner

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Default Re: \"learn\" to smell a-none

Research says yes.

James Kohl mentioned some research involving learning to identify the smell of aNONE. I can\'t remember much about it. I am sure you can be trained to smell anything.
    Bruce

Exposure to -none once/day for 2-8 weeks, as I recall, is all that it takes to acquire the ability to smell it.
    the initial study was done by Charles Wysocki. I\'m out of town and do not have access to my database.

Interesting topic....I have noticed since being exposed to pheros, that certain people do give off more than others. I guess I have trained my nose in this respect, and I could be way off base but these are my perceptions.

Occasionally I get whiffs of a phero smell in crowded places. A young man who stocks shelves at my Walmart definitely gives off a -none aroma, and while not offensive (to me), it is very strong. Even a post menopausal woman I work with sometimes has that smell and that is where I am confused. I don\'t know if she takes any HRT or not, but her smell at times definitely has a phero tinge to it (jkohl, any input on this?).

Before pheros, I never noticed smells like these. I just started noticing them a couple of months ago, and I do not use pheros all that often on myself (in public), so I don\'t think I am triggering anyone to release their own pheros in response (although this did happen in my experimental days).

I can only assume that I have become sensitized to the smell of pheros, natural or otherwise.

Thank\'s for your input!

I\'ll try this, jkohl.

Menopause is said to unmask the effects of androgens (like testosterone). This helps to explain why post-menopausal women most likely also smell like they are infertile, as compared to women who are
    cycling regularly, who are perceived to smell best when they are ovulating (a function of estrogen and
    its feedback on luteinizing hormone, which increases testosterone. However, with ovulation, the estrogen
    contribution to natural scent is more likely to over ride the scent of testosterone. Women are very
    complicated with regard to scent production (and everything else for that matter).

**DONOTDELETE**

I sniffed my bottle of NPA once a day for a few days after I got it.

I finally \"smelled the smell\". It was there all along! The alcohol smell was kind of hiding it.

It is often called a \"cat piss\" smell, and I agree, however it is NOT the ammonia component of \"cat piss\" but the musky underlying smell...and not as strong.

I was smelling for the wrong smell, I guess. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

I\'ve had to learn to smell -none. I smell it now, but not near as well as some do.

**DONOTDELETE**

Damn...put even a tiny amout on and your mother will probably won\'t like it (did the test last week with one of my fine EO/chem set mixs).

It was ok from a normal talking distance but when I ofered a snif of my wrist she said it smells ok but something is wrong...a bit like piss, sorry son. The phero concentration was less than AE...

My girlfriend was surprised by her comment and I just said nevermind, lets forget about it (not wanting to explain...)

Thread Information