Close

Default The Tao of Steve

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Saw a fun movie last night: “The Tao of Steve”. No great work of art, but it’s got a cute sub-plot about picking up girls. Anybody else seen it?

It’s about an overweight, pot smoking, slacker that gets laid by more women than he can keep track of. (Supposedly based on a true story.) His secret, The Tao of Steve: Taoist philosophy combined with Steve McQueen attitude.

The attitude part is something like, “I play by my own rules, face my own adversities and don’t care what anybody else thinks of me.” The philosophy is encapsulated in three rules:

Be desire-less. It’s a zen sort of thing like... When you’re talking to a girl just enjoy the conversation. When you’re going out with a girl, just enjoy entertaining her. Because “Women can spot an agenda a mile away.” and, even if they want to get laid, they don’t want to feel manipulated.

Be excellent in front of women. Everybody has something that they’re excellent at, be sure women get a glimpse of it. “When women see you as somebody that can be excellent, you become a bigger catch in her eyes.” (The guy in the movie had a good sense of humor and was great with kids. I’m sure we all know women that are suckers for that.)

Finally, learn to retreat. As soon as you’ve got a woman thinking you could be excellent, back away. “A beautiful woman will think, ‘Wait a minute. I’m a beautiful woman, he’s a fat slob. What do I have to do to make him want me?” When you get women doing things to attract your attention they start to believe that they really want you.

Of course the main plot is a morality tale about how womanizers are basically insecure people that have to have many partners because they don’t believe a single one could love them. But that parts cute too.

Default Re: The Tao of Steve

Sounds interesting. I\'ll have to check it out.
    Thanks,
    B

I saw it this weekend too and found it witty and a cut above normal Hollywood stuff. Funny that it was written and directed by a woman. A cross-over chick flick? Recommended.

Enlightened One

Sounds like my appraoch to women and yeah it works something about their need to seed with many men. Ying and Yang thing going on there.

Phero Dude

Saw Tao of Steve this weekend - pretty decent movie, though nothing spectacular, but good solid movie on seduction and the perils thereof, and some parts were really interesting.

Best line in the movie is the line where the gal he\'s trying to seduce asks him:

\"If you\'re falling in love with me why are you with all these other women?\" (she asks this at a time when he\'s trying to seduce her, but she\'s resisting/ giving him a hard time).

And he replies, \"come on, I\'m supposed to remain celibate while I bask in the warm glow of your annihilating contempt? Am I supposed to find solace in that??\"

The proverbial nice guy on the other hand, puts up with this stuff from women.

I picked up on that line too - way to go.

**DONOTDELETE**

That\'s not a nice guy, that\'s a masochist.

Thread Information