Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Default Re: What Does Love Mean?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    A.K.A.

You are referring to Fruedian Psychoanalysis, aren\'t you? Frued was indisputably a genius but he was a pervert who had many psyco-sexual hang ups of his own that influenced his analysis of the human drives. Many of his theories have been succesfully disputed over the years.

Your comments about the difference between men\'s and women\'s drives is a good point. It could be restated that once a man has achieved his goal he tends to kick back where a woman tends to want to improve on what she has accomplished. I\'ve wondered for many years what this world would look like if it had developed as a matriarchical society. It\'s true that women are more emphathetic than males but they are also more vicious in their power struggles. Would it be a kinder more gentle world? Would we be more advanced in the humanistic values?

Phero Pro

Hi all,

I\'ve been mulling over whether to post this for the past week. Been doing a lot of sleeping/resting lately to get over this nasty flu bug. It\'s part of a song from a musical from middle school that came to me in a dream about a week ago. I don\'t remember what the name of the song, the musical or a missing pieces of it. When I think of love, I think of this:

Love never gives up.
    It always believes.
    It\'s always hoping hopes and dreaming dreams
    of what should be.
    Love never gives up . . . .

Real love is patient.
    Real love is kind.
    Not envious or braging.
    Not even sometimes.
    Real love is not touchy,
    nor jealous, or rude.
    It\'s sad when the bad things come,
    Rejoices in good things.
    <font color=blue> (back to top) </font color=blue>

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Absolutely fcking brilliant post!

Heart warming!

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks. When I read it, I couldn\'t resist putting it here. I knew a lot of people here, would get a kick out it...

**DONOTDELETE**

It should be good. St.Paul wrote it. It\'s a paraphrase of 1st Corintians, Chapter 13. His letter to the new Christians at Corinth was about spiritual gifts. We have the passage translated from the Greek, who had different words for different kinds of love, like Eskimos have different words for different kinds of snow. The word for love that Paul used in the passage was agape, or caritas, meaning divine love that is not conditional as human love is - other types of love, for example, being philios (brotherly love) and eros (romantic love). The idea was that when you were baptized, you received spiritual gifts, such as ability to speak in tongues, or heal the sick, etc. He said none of that means much. What means anything, especially as a sign of being a Christian, is that you have divine love. And then he tells exactly what that looks like, how you know it when you see it. The King James version translates the greek word for love as \"charity.\" Paul says Charity suffers long and is kind (not \"but\" is kind); envies not, vaunteth not itself up, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not its own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, and endureth all things. Charity (divine love) never faileth: but whether they be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part and we prophecy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face; now I know in part; but then shall I know even as I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, and charity (love), these three; but the greatest of these is charity (love).

**DONOTDELETE**

Great Post...

Phero Pro

Yep, the Holy Spirit inspired the all-time best-selling book~ [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread Information