Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default AXE deoderant body spray

visit-red-300x50PNG
    hey ppl [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] i havn\'t been on recently but today me and my girlfriend broke up [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] , so looks like i gots a bit of free time again.

anyway, anyone else try that axe deoderant bodyspray stuff? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] they have those commercials where they spray it on someone(or something) and the chicks fight over them. anyway that stuff smells SOOOOO good [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] they have weird names but the one i\'m currently using is tsunami i love the smell. if anyone is looking for a simple way to cover up mones i\'d recommend trying it out.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: AXE deoderant body spray

Hey, chummym, missed you, sorry to hear about you and your girlfriend, glad to see you.

FTR

Phero Pharaoh

Hey,

I saw that at the grocery store yesterday. It didn\'t smell so good IMO. And if it has any pheros, it probably has a low concentration. Anyone else have any details on this new stuff?

- Krish

**DONOTDELETE**

Do a search - I remember reading a conversation about this not long ago.

oh man .. AXE .... or LYNX in other countries I think.
    This stuff has been around for some time, you can get it in frickkin supermarket, for god\'s sake. This is cheap half-assed stuff, and of course there are NO PHEROS!! Just because the commercial is showing a male model being besieged by women with the stuff on you think it\'s about pheromones?? Remember SEX SELLS ???
    Sure good for you if you like it, buy it - I wouldn\'t.

my €0.02

stefan

Did you read that crap that Axe has on their website? They so want to portray their product as a love-scent wannabe product. They have little mini-movies of extreme \"AXE\" effect incidents. A highschool football game, dude runs with the ball with a clear path to the endzone, on his way he passes a sideline of cheerleaders and one of the cheerleaders tackles him and gets him on the ground.

Their whole marketing image is based on what pheros supposedly do. Just think of it this way if you think it has pheros...what is the cheapest phero product you have found besides gel packs and wipes? Probably the SPMO and it\'s almost twice as much as the deodorant. If they put pheros in there, they sure don\'t plan on profiting from it. I know -nol is pretty cheap but I guarantee that this stuff has no -nol effect to it and it definately is too cheap to have -none.

I\'m not trying to plug the site but look at this crap
    http://www.theaxeeffect.com

**DONOTDELETE**

My theory on deodorant is that they are used to cover or inhibit your own natural body odour, wouldn\'t covering your pheros with deodorants actually reduce there effectiveness?

If deodorant covers your natural body odor, doesn\'t cologne do the same thing? These phero products are cologne so in a sense you are suggesting that any scented phero product would be reducing its own effectiveness with the smell?

I do agree though that any scented product, even lotion covers up your own natural smell, but does that mean that if I spray on some edge and spray on some CK to cover, I\'m reducing its effectiveness? I\'m thinking no but then again I don\'t know the difference between cologne and spray-on deodorant, not anti-persperant.

**DONOTDELETE**

In archive 2 around about page 9? i think. theres a post discussing commercial deodorants/soaps, it says they incorporates chemicals to disperse natural b.o, therefore pheros as well. reducing effectiveness.
    i think colognes are not the same as deodorants/antipersperants, but i\'m not an expert.
    I\'m just thinking logically about what deodorants and colognes are use for, smell suppresent and smell enhancer respectively.

Deoderants kill pheros, as far as I\'m concerned.

BAD BAD BAD, pure marketing.

heh....i never said there were phero\'s in it. but i really like the smell of it. i was just suggesting it as a cover scent for use with like NPA or stuff like that. its only like $4.00 for a 4 oz aerosol bottle and they sell it everywhere. ummmm ok thats enough out of me. i know its cheap and easy to get but seriously try it out [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] you might like it

Yes but you cant use it as a cover.

<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

Deoderants kill pheros, as far as I\'m concerned.

<hr></blockquote>Nothing to kill. Pheros aren\'t alive.

Deodorants suppress bacteria that turns pheros into different things, and they don\'t do such a hot job at that. I rub that Thai stick under my pits before I do the pit trick, and it still gets real interesting under there.

Deodorants do indeed suppress the production of our natural pheros - but we\'re so totally swamping that with what we\'re wearing that I can\'t imagine it\'s going to make much difference.

I use body sprays as cover all the time. Only thing to do with Axe is try it. It may work for you, it may not. I personally didn\'t like the smell of the one I opened and sniffed, smelled cheap and chemical. But there\'s no telling what it will smell like on you until you put it on. And then, if it doesn\'t smell good to you, chances are, it doens\'t to anyone else, either.

Nothing to kill. Pheros aren\'t alive.

<hr></blockquote>
    &lt;scratches head&gt; Thanks for that BassMan, I had that one down already.

I don\'t really know the difference between deoderants and anti-perspirants. Can anyone enlighten me?

In my experience, the reactions decreased when I used sprays. The only time I used them was just in my pits on occasions in the summer when I was going out and it was hot, but never as a cover.

**DONOTDELETE**

Deodorants just deodorize - they keep your sweat from stinking.

Antiperspirants block you from sweating, period. Or, as nearly as possible. Antiperspirants you buy over the counter also contain deodorant, so if you do sweat through them, you won\'t stink. I\'ve read you can buy prescription antiperspirants that for sure will keep you from sweating -- some people have a real problem with it.

There\'s some controversy over whether it\'s healthy to block any of your sweat glands, and about whether aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex, the activie ingredient or some slight variation thereof, is good for you.

However, for some people, it\'s that or walk around with sweat stains under their arms.

&lt;scratches head&gt; Thanks for that BassMan, I had that one down already.

<hr></blockquote>Sorry \'bout that. I wasn\'t trying to be patronizing - we actually _had_ that discussion on the forum some time ago - about EtOH killing pheros. I just figured it was worth repeating.

I suppose I was using \"killing\" in a slightly colloquial way, could put ideas in newbies heads so well worth while.

Phero Pharaoh

Well, I bought some of the stuff today, specifically \"Kilo\" because I LOVED the scent. I think I can use it to boost up my pheromone results.

It won\'t kill the pheromones as long as I don\'t spray over the area where I applied them, correct?

- Krish

Banned User

According to Men\'s Health, they did a survey with 500 women, and it seems as though Tsunami is the highest preferred smell....

What that means?

If you\'re going to get a 5$ Axe Deodarnt spray get the Tsunami I suppose...

I have smelled it... It smells good, but, it\'s not like cologne, more like air freshner...Smells good, but, that\'s it..

Bart

Phero Pharaoh

I tried that scent and didn\'t like it as much as I liked Kilo. It smells hella good and the scent is something that populates the whole room. I\'d image this should make my pheromones more useful.

- Krish

Just a note ..every time i see axe in a store the one thats sold out is phoenix

Banned User

Yeah, but a lot of time, what a MAN thinks smells good is not what a woman preferrs.

And A L S O, what they think SMELLS good isn\'t what they would like to smell on a GUY!

Anyway, sh**, they are ALLL f*** sold out! Except for 3 of them.

5 bucks, and deodorant, sh** all I do is sweat, and for 5$ it would save me a sh** load of cash

Bart

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'m usually a lurker here. I saw the AXE site and I agree, the damn thing is hokey, but...

I decided to pick one up and just try it. What the heck right?

Well... I\'m adding this bad mamma jamma to my arsenal!

I applied my usual packet of SOE and smoothed a couple of generous dabs of APC over it to my chest, neck and shoulders. After thinking about what others have mentioned about deodorants interfering with pheromone effectiveness, I decided to spray the AXE on my clothes instead, just for the cover scent.

Now, I\'m used to getting subtle hits from my SOE&amp;APC/m combo, I was unprepared for the hits I got today.

The spray stuff DOES smell good IMO and I sincerely doubt the thing has any pheromones of any kind, but I can\'t ignore the results. Whether it was just the nice scent that got the ladies closer in to get a second whiff and get a dose of the pheros I WAS wearing, I don\'t know, but I got rather non-subtle hits today. No joke.

I was wearing Voodoo. Man! I had two DIHLs upon arriving to work. I caught them staring and one of them literally shook her head to clear herself and said, \"I\'m sorry, what?\" She totally missed that I was asking her if I got any mail this morning. The other recognized what I was wearing (Axe) and asked me what \"flavor\" it was and jokingly asked to smell my armpits. She says she loves when her boyfriend wears Phoenix and Apollo.

Third hit of the day, I was complimenting another co-worker about her new hair color. She immediately responded by taking her hair down and started flipping it for me so I could see \"the light shine on it\" (so she said).

Fourth hit of the day, I was joking with a few other female co-workers (I work with about 29 of them) and she happened to grab my arm while laughing. She said, \"ooh! biceps!\" and started lifting my sleeves and started encouraging the other three females to come feel my biceps. I felt like a piece of meat.

Fifth hit of the day, chicks really seem to dig the smell. Another co-worker and I were talking and I was \"pretend scolding\" her for some errors I found on her report. She laughed and said she couldn\'t believe she had made such goofy errors on her work. As I pretended to scold her, I was shaking a finger at her in a \"tsk tsk\" kind of way and she grabbed it! Held on a little too long, seemed to go into DIHL mode and then continued to laugh while still holding my finger. She didn\'t let go until I asked, \"Can I have my finger back?\"

I don\'t know what it was, but I really got hit on today and I wasn\'t acting any different than I usually am at work. I\'ve gotten the subtle hits before in my office while wearing pheros, but not like this. I may have to tone it down a bit, as a male co-worker reminded me we are living in the age of sexual harassment lawsuits in the workplace. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Has anyone else got hits like these while wearing AXE with their favorite phero? I\'m gonna try some of the other \"flavors\" as that girl put it and see what else happens.

Chris

P. S. - And yes, the damn things seem to sell out quickly! I went back to my local supermarket to buy another can of this stuff and they only had Kilo left. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] So I bought the Kilo scent. It still smells nice though.

It seems Phoenix, Orion, Apollo, Tsunami are the best sellers. At least in the stores here, Kilo and Voodoo seem to be the ones that are left over.

Phero Pharaoh

It\'s sold as Lynx here in Australia. Been usng it for the past year. Ex-girlfriend recommended it. She absolutley luuuuurves the scent. Another friend (female) also likes it. There are a range of scents of course. So if you don\'t like one try the other.
    I\'ve been worried about a clash with my cologne. But it doesn\'t seem to. The one I\'ve been using (voodoo) is strong.

Phero Dude

Animus !!!!!!!!!! You are one happy camper [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    I think you found the perfect mones/coverscent combination for guaranteed killer-hits. Dude stick to it [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Isn\'t this what everybody here is striving to achieve ???
    You made it , congratz !

**DONOTDELETE**

Okay, an update.

I tried the Kilo \"flavor\" today with the same application of pheros. No reactions, no compliments on the scent, although the girls who were flirting with me when I had on Voodoo still smiled and stuff, but weren\'t aggressive like they were earlier.

No wonder Kilo seems to be the one that gets left behind on the shelves. *LOL* I\'m going back to my Voodoo!

By the way, I think I saw it in another thread someone mentioned that they think they smell a none undertone to the Axe scents. Come to think of it now that someone\'s mentioned it, I let loose a few test sprays of Phoenix and Apollo versions in the supermarket and thought something vaguely smelled familiar. I came home and sniffed my bottle of APC and sniffed my Axe Voodoo. They smelled similar. I can\'t believe I didn\'t realize it before. Someone else try it out, so I\'ll know I\'m not just ODing on my pheros and hallucinating.

Banned User

It is almost impossible that $6 deodorants contain a-none.

Franki

Phero Pharaoh

Yeah, that was me. Since I\'ve been aware of the -anone smell I\'ve been getting this really quick sense of the same scent when I spray on my Voodoo too. But It dissapears straight away. It\'s like my brains associating a component of the Voodoo scent with that -none smell. In my head I came up with a stupid theory that Lynx/Axe is designed to cover most of the BO but maybe not hurt the body\'s natural -mones???

...Dunno just a thought I had for a split second.

Cheers

One of my favorite AXE products is KILO it\'s a good carrier scent for AE, I\'ve had some looks and comments about it from some women.

Phero Pro

Voodoo was sold out at the first two places I went so I figured it\'s gotta be the best of breed, went to a third place &amp; they were stocked so I picked up two for $5 each.

Do you apply to your clothing or under pits like regular deoderant? I use an antiperspirant to avoid the wetty pits, will it still be effective for me?

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information