Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    **DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: where is Jambat?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    That\'s a good idea, perhaps you\'d like to begin anew with an apology to Bassman. He doesn\'t ask for it; I do.

**DONOTDELETE**

thank you, your posts are pretty cool, and i believe you\'ve answered several of my questions in the past...i appreciate your input....

**DONOTDELETE**

No, ive made my peace with Bassman in my own way, youll have to be satisfied with that.....

<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

thank you, your posts are pretty cool, and i believe you\'ve answered several of my questions in the past...i appreciate your input....

<hr></blockquote>Thanks.

**DONOTDELETE**

you are very welcome...talk to ya later dude, and keep us updated on what you find out..your posts are some of my favorites actually!!

Default The Rules of Civilized Discourse

This forum is an almost perfect example of free speech. Like free love, free speech has its good points and its bad points.

Here are a couple of rules that will keep it a useful place to all. \"Policing\" will be rare - only Bruce has that power and he shouldn\'t have to devote much energy to it on top of paying for OUR service.

First, Think before you post.

We all put a good bit of effort into our self-presentation to the world. On the forum, we all should want to cultivate a good reputation. A good reputation gives weight to our opinions and encourages others to give back when we have a question. There\'s that old saw \"Start Brain before engaging Mouth\" or some such. It takes time to sort and read these postings and we\'ll all appreciate your writings more if you put the time and thought into making what you write meaningful, or at least entertaining.

Second, No Personal Attacks

The ancient Greeks really thought hard about the process of argument. One of the lowest and least persuasive types of argument was called \"ad hominenum\" - \"against the person\" It is very common in dirty political advertising to this day. Such an agrument doesn\'t mean or prove squat. Plus it encourages people to go elsewhere and degrades your own reputation. We can offer constructive criticism of each other, as in \"do a search of old postings first,\" or \"Check the reference manual.\" etc. If you MUST say something catty about another forum member, use the PM. You don\'t raise yourself up by knocking someone else down.

Third, Use Standard English

English is a tough language. Don\'t make it tougher by freaky spellings, long sentences, \"stream of consciousness\" verbage. You AIN\'T James Joyce or ee cummings. The forum is a great place to practice BETTER writing and to develop your skills - if you try.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: The Rules of Civilized Discourse

Here Comes The (Purportedly) Entertaining Part:
    Even a Canadian half-wit can see how endlessly silly (albeit marginally entertaining) _this_ thread could become (Is pointing out how ad hominem was mangled an ad hominem?...)

And Here Comes the (Purportedly) Informative Part:
    Seems to me that somewhere among the posturing, bluster and hard feelings there is opportunity: The Forum we genuinely all value doesn\'t actually have to be broken to benefit from a bit of fixing.

And Here\'s the (Purported) Idea:
    If I suggest the notion of segmentation do I risk a drool-and-spit response from someone against apartheid?

(PS Where the hell is Rodney Scott when you really, really need him?)

**DONOTDELETE**

who would you be splitting up?

Phero Pro

well FTR I appreaciate (please guys, don\'t tell me to learn how to spell) you doing my astrology chart. If I had know it was so much work, I would not have imposed. thanks.

okay... so now that the smoke has cleared, where is jambat?

**DONOTDELETE**

Probably sitting back, and reading this thread, and laughing his ass off. Gotta love it....

Well not to start another argument but, the last time Jambat lost an argument over religion he left the forum for a couple months.

What I\'m wondering is where is Watcher????

**DONOTDELETE**

Have you checked for him under his other names? I think I saw him on fairly recently under Paul whatever he calls himself.

I haven\'t looked through todays post but I haven\'t noticed any of his post this week at least.

Oh yeah the names that I\'m sure of are Paul from Australlia(sp.), Paul from Downunder, Fly-by-Night, watcher, and .....?
    I thought there was more.

**DONOTDELETE**

Huh. I could have sworn I saw Paul from Australia recently.

Banned User

I think you saw Paul Canada.

**DONOTDELETE**

Oh.

Don\'t forget his Donald Duck nic...see it only appears to be close to 2000 members and when you take away his nics theres only about twelve of us...lol

lol

I must be losing my mind to forget Donald Duck. lol.

Enlightened One

I am the following Watcher
    Donaldduck (unregistered)
    Paul Australia
    And Jambat 2 but that was just watcher renamed and now back to watcher. Thats it im not jambat he is someone else.
    Nor am i Paul canada he is someone else.

**DONOTDELETE**

Whoa, 2 women are gonna kick my butt now?!

- Krish

Used to happen to me all the time in grammar school.

Yep!!! Three women kicking your butt!!!
    -MOBLEYC57

Also used to happen to me all the time in grammar school and once in highschool.

...it really makes me mad that jambat has disappeared after answering a ridiculas post about a curse and stating his beliefs because he was attacked by this prostrate or prostratus or whatever his name was, i mean, all the smart, mature people that used to post have been staying away because of all the yoyo\'s that have started posting.
    -jamboot

Upsets me too. I always liked that Jambat guy.

If someone initiates flirting, I won\'t leave them twisting in the wind...
    -FTR

Wow, I guess I should take note of that! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Here are a couple of rules that will keep it a useful place to all. \"Policing\" will be rare - only Bruce has that power and he shouldn\'t have to devote much energy to it on top of paying for OUR service...
    -Whitehall

First, Think before you post.

Think before posting? But doesn\'t that takes all the fun out.

Second, No Personal Attacks

That\'s a nice one.

Third, Use Standard English

English is a tough language. Don\'t make it tougher by freaky spellings, long sentences, \"stream of consciousness\" verbage. You AIN\'T James Joyce or ee cummings. The forum is a great place to practice BETTER writing and to develop your skills - if you try.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Now, that\'s just funny.

Well not to start another argument but, the last time Jambat lost an argument over religion he left the forum for a couple months.
    -Walter

I\'ve never lost a battle over religion. I don\'t kill, but I don\'t lose either. Well, okay I do lose sometimes and actually it was Batgirl who actually said that right after she knocked Lady Shiva unconcious (with a broken shoulder at that) That\'s gotta be one of the coolest things ever said by a superhero and that was my excuse to repeat it. Battles over religion in non religious forums usually get deleted (like this one seems to have) or usually go undecided.

okay... so now that the smoke has cleared, where is jambat?
    -xxxPantero

I was in Japan being hunted by a clan of fundamentalist atheist ninja assassins. In the meantime I had been studying quantum physics and I found out that there\'s a bunch of other dimensions and everyone in this dimension are in those others too but different. After a few days of careful study, I theorized that if I could cross into those other dimensions and kill the other Jambats I\'d take their essence and strengthen mine. So far it\'s working. I\'ve killed about five Jambats and now all their strength, speed, martial art skills and talents are mine. When it\'s all said and done I\'ll be virtually unstoppable. At this point with my extra strength and abilities I\'ve wiped out the clan of assassins. (They had no idea what I had become).

I didn\'t do it alone though. I had help from a Jewish chick who dressed in tight leather clothes and carried two nine millimeters. It was odd though, like whenever she would do something cool she\'d freeze frame and then everything would get real slow. I mean sometime you could actually see the bullets whiz by but she always managed to hit her targets. Quite talented actually.

-The Bat

**DONOTDELETE**

Quote :\"I am the following Watcher
    Donaldduck (unregistered)
    Paul Australia
    And Jambat 2 but that was just Watcher renamed and now back to Watcher. Thats it im not jambat he is someone else.
    Nor am i Paul canada he is someone else. \"

Thanx for letting us know Paul. We wondered where you had been. Welcome back ;-)

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Good week then, all said.

=======================
    I was in Japan being hunted by a clan of fundamentalist atheist ninja assassins. In the meantime I had been studying quantum physics and I found out that there\'s a bunch of other dimensions and everyone in this dimension are in those others too but different........
    The Bat
    ======================
    LoL ... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    Hey Bat,
    The most important is not where, but when..

**DONOTDELETE**

And how.

-The Bat

==== in reply ===============
    I\'ve killed about five Jambats and now all their strength, speed, martial art skills and talents are mine. When it\'s all said and done I\'ll be virtually unstoppable.
    The Bat
    ===========================
    In that way you will become the only. The One. Don\'t you have fear that the universe, everybody explodes?

Are these the kind of conversations about fundamentalist atheist ninja assassins that Jamboot missed so much? J/K [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Elana,
    That is true, all we missed Bat, THE Fundamentalist Atheist Mutant Ninja Assassin Turtle [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Dem \'mones be done gone to da poor boy\'s hayud, I reckon. He ain\'t right ... funny tho.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information