Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default PI and Essential Oils

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hey, people!

After my bloodhound wife continued to sniff out PI on me [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] , no matter how little I used or what cologne I used to cover it, I decided to research essential oils as a possible way for some home grown cologne/perfume.

To this end, I\'ve found a good couple of web sites:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>http://www.aromatherapywebsite.com
    <LI>http://www.pureproducts.net/[/list]

Even though both sites advertise \"Pure Essential Oils\" (a key phrase when looking for essential oils), the first site is decidedly less expensive. The second site, however, seems to focus more on \"clean\" essential oils. That is, they check for pesticides and such.

Anyway, I\'ve found a mixture of 1 part PI to 3 parts of Patchouli, Sandalwood, and carrier oil seems to do the trick. My wife loves the \"woodsey\" smell and cannot detect the PI. I only use a few drops on key places of my bod (i.e., hair, chest, wrists), but it seems to work.

I\'ve also used Ylang Ylang with the above, and it too works well.

Cheers! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: Lex ]

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: PI and Essential Oils

One more thing: Some of you folks were looking for empty bottles so that you could create your own phermone mixtures. The pureproducts.net site has 12 empty 15ml bottles w/ dropper lids for $8.99.

I also found that once you purchase from their web site, you receive a mail order catalog. The catalog also lists empty 5ml mixing bottles.

Cheers! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: Lex ]

**DONOTDELETE**

$8.99 What? Please, walgreens sells empty 2 ounce travel size spray bottles for $1.58. Not to mention you can reuse the Edge bottle once it\'s gone.

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I guess I shouldda posted the normal disclaimer when I shared what I found on the \'net. You know the one, \"this information is not fit for anything...\" disclaimer. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Since I\'ve not spent much time looking for bottles and such, I figured that 9 bucks for 12 bottles was not such a bad deal, as they also include the dropper insert like PI has. I am guessing that Wallgreens, Wall-mart, etc. don\'t quite have these type of dropper bottles, and some of us are too new to the phermone scene to have a collection of empty Edge bottles sitting around to experiment with mixing.

If you can find a better deal somewhere else, go for it. I only know that others have posted to this board requesting information on where they can find small empty bottles and essential oils (someone was using Sandalwood oil instead of deodorant). So I was only \"sharing\" what I had found. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: Lex ]

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jambat:
    $8.99 What? Please, walgreens sells empty 2 ounce travel size spray bottles for $1.58. Not to mention you can reuse the Edge bottle once it\'s gone.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Price is not the issue but quality is.

What good are those cheap travel spray bottles from Walgreens if every time you use them, they deliver so much product that you end up using up the product so quickly? [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

No, I\'d rather pay a little more for a quality sprayer that delivers a very fine mist and wastes so little product every time I use it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Remember that pheromone products, even the modestly priced ones, are not cheap. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Joe

**DONOTDELETE**

Well you only tap the sprayer, they should do just fine, although I still stand by this; so far the best sprayer I have is the kind that perfume comes in, the small .04 ounce containers, do very good. You open them from the middle and pour the stuff in (not too much because it will run over) and then you go. It works like a charm.

And Lex, I wasn\'t blowing off your your research I was just saying that you can make a huge batch of the stuff and put it in those bottles and for the price you\'d be set.

**DONOTDELETE**

No offense taken, jambat. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Personally, I\'ve stayed clear of the spayers and atomizers and stuck with the dropper style -- they give me better control over the amount dispensed.

Also, as an FYI for you. NPA is alcohol-based and will not mix readily with e-oils. Though, PI will because it is oil-based. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Don\'t worry about it. I mixed APC and NPA just fine, it\'s shouldn\'t be a problem, but I\'m wondering about mixing Edge with e-oils. There has to be something that can be mixed directly in the Edge to make spraying easier and I bet it\'s APC or an e-oil. I mean how do they get the sandalwood smell in Edge? Curiouser and couriouser.

**DONOTDELETE**

From what I\'ve been able to determine, you need some glycol type of substance to get oils and water/alcohol to mix properly.

NPA is alcohol-based, and I presume Edge is too. This allows then to easily mix with alcohol-based colognes, and also with APC, which has that glycol additive.

PI is oil based, and obviously so are the various e-oils. If the new sandalwood Edge has a list of ingredients, I bet you see some glycol type of substance that has been added to allow the sandalwood e-oil (?) and Edge to mix.

Of course, it is possible that the sandalwood extract is also alcohol-based. For example, you can purchase both vanilla food flavoring (alcohol-based) as well as vanilla e-oil, so why not sandalwood?! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thread Information