Close

Thread: Heat & Pheros

Phero Pharaoh

Default Heat & Pheros

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I have a question about heat & pheros. For someone like me who lives in Texas, which is hot as HELL, how does heat affects pheros once applied to your skin? Like I put on 6 dabs of TE today, but I had to go outside for a while and I was sweating, but I came in and cooled down. Did the heat degrade the effectiveness of that application of TE or did it shorten it\'s life-cycle?

- Krish

Default Re: Heat & Pheros

Pheros and sweat are related, in fact your own pheros come from sweating so I like to think of it as the pheros in TE naturally mixing in with your own pheros. From my experience, I\'ve had some major hits from wearing pheros and being very sweaty at the time.

It\'s been said that TE is very hard to wash off and some claim that it\'s still around even after a bath so I don\'t think getting all sweaty will reduce it\'s effectiveness.

Note that the glands that sweat for cooling are different from the ones for chemical communications. The latter located only on certain areas of the skin. That said, heat and sweating will increase the dispersion of exogenous pheromones so they should not last as long.

And, yes, TE and NPA will cling to your skin even after a hot, soapy shower.

**DONOTDELETE**

I also wonder about the affect of heat (J) vs. temperature (degree C). I don\'t think skin temperature changes much with exercise, but you do radiate more heat. Is it heat transfer to the environment or temperature that determines pheromone dispersal?

Heat transfer from the human body to air is by three modes;

1) radiative, 2) convection, and 3) evaporation.

For heat to be lost into the environment, the body will need to be hotter than the outside air and environment for modes 1 and 2. In mode 3, the air has to be dryer than 100% humidity so that the sweat you release evaporates. Still, skin temperature does increase when you want to dump heat, largely by blood flowing to the surface as in a heat blush.

Skin loses pheromones to the air as a function of temperature - the hotter the skin, the more easily pheromones will evaporate into the air - just like any liquid with a vapor pressure. Sweating helps wash some of the pheromones out of the deeper layers to evaporate with the sweat.

Thread Information