Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Madini musk (talisman)

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Someone had posted a link to this site for musk. Has anyone tried any of these products? I\'m looking for a good musk scent to use with pheros. Are all musks now non-animal products?
    http://www.madini.com/madini_site/essenceinfo.htm

Default Re: Madini musk (talisman)

We\'ve had some good threads on musks in the past - suggest you search under my pseudonym.

**DONOTDELETE**

Several people have tried to get in touch with that site and they don\'t seem to be answering emails - I put in an order but my account has not been debited and when I write to ask them about it, I get no answer. One forum member said their Black Musk was really good. Another forum member says everything they have is synthetic. I gave up on the whole proposition. <shrug, grin>

King of the coupons!

FTR - Is there anything that you don\'t know!!? You\'re just too full of info...are you a midget? : ))))

Phero Pro

The products probably are synthetic. Everything is at the same price! (which is pretty weird considering the huge price difference between say vanilla and rose or oud)? They\'re not very friendly either. Also, I\'m not sure who, but someone mentioned that \"perfume oils\" just means the same as synthetic oils, whereas \"essential oils\" are natural.

Perfume essences are undiluted, compounded perfumes. Because of this, they are much thicker in consistency than diluted perfumes. That is why they are also called perfume oils. The oils are prepared to flow easily, and our containers are designed to deliver a single drop. Our perfume essences are the work of a perfumer, working in the centuries-old Sufi tradition of perfumery. This tradition is passed on from father to son and requires years of diligent apprenticeship. Perfume essences are entirely different from so-called \"essential oils\" which are simply the extracted oils of a particular substance, usually botanical. These lack the sophistication and balance of an artfully blended perfume. And needless to say, the Madini perfume essences are also a world apart from cheap perfumes created from synthetic chemicals in imitation of various commercial fragrances. The lower end of the perfume market is flooded these days with such bulk perfumes mixed up by chemists.

WTF? It\'s almost as if they consider their synthetic oils to be superior in quality than essential oils. I think it should be noted that essential oils also have several medicinal purposes whereas sythetic scents are just an imitation of the essential oil\'s smell.

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'m the one who posted the link. I purchased some perfume oils from them, and have been quite satisfied with the product. I got a sample of the Black Musk, and I thought it was a very strong musky smell. Whether it was good or not is quite subjective. My first response was that it was *too* strong, very funky, almost feral..but I stuck it under the noses of 5 women that I know and work with who have given me varying opinions on colognes before, and they all said that it smelled \"very musky, but gooooood.\" My wife thought that it was \"stinky.\" Your mileage may vary, so I suggest you sample it for yourself. They have other musk perfume oils there, but I have not sampled any of them.

As best I can tell, their customer service is next to nonexistent, but I really like the way their pefume oils smell. I\'d wager that you\'re likely to find one that appeals strongly to you, but it\'s a hit or miss proposition because their descriptions of their perfumes don\'t necessarily give one enough information to make a good guess about how they\'ll smell. DrSmellThis maintains their scents are synthetic, Madini staunchly states they have no synthetics, although they did say that their musks were not animal musks. I\'d say let your nose decide. The 5 samples for $15 deal worked out for me. If you can afford to risk the $15, then you don\'t have too much to lose, and you just might enjoy the result.

As far as the quote referred to above by Maximog:

\"Perfume essences are entirely different from so-called \"essential oils\" which are simply the extracted oils of a particular substance, usually botanical. These lack the sophistication and balance of an artfully blended perfume.\"

, it seems to me like they\'re trying to say that a well-blended perfume with essential oils is more sophisticated and balanced than a single note essential oil. Of course, if they answered their email, we wouldn\'t have to guess about that one.

<<<Light bulb going on>>>

Ah. Indian perfume oils. Got it. Finally.

There are a bunch of folks who do this in India. RExpo seems to be the largest purveyer of the stuff. Look them up on the web.

I have used quite a few of RExpo\'s perfumes. I went downstairs looking for the little sheet that\'s included, but can\'t find it. Their Krishna Musk is just outstanding. I\'ve gotton a couple gf\'s addicted to it over the years. Their sandalwood is nice, rose, overpoweringly sweet. The amber is glorious.

These are not EOs, they are definately compounded, single note perfumes. They are also very proud that their products are natural and contain no alcohol. A little goes a very long way. I suspect they are compounded from vegetable origins.

**DONOTDELETE**

Maybe they\'re similar products, but these guys are not Indian.

\"Talisman\'s business philosophy is to continue the tradition of the Madini family, which is firmly rooted in the spiritual tradition of Islamic perfumery. As such, we intend to preserve the art of perfumery and return it to its original intended purpose. We do not make any specific claims as to the spiritual or health benefits of the fragrances, due to the complexity of these areas of human life. Yet they are intended to be of benefit if used in an informed way and with the proper attitude. Along with supplying these essences, we also work to educate and engage our customers in the tradition they are part of. \"
    www.madini.com

Thread Information