Close

Thread: Atomizers.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Atomizers.

visit-red-300x50PNG
    What\'s up everyone? I have a question that maybe you guys can help me with. Does anyone know the best way to clean out one of the Love-Scent atomizers to remove the scent of the last cologne that was in it?

Also, I remember reading something about the Demeter colognes in a post a few days ago, anyone have them, if so, are they good, or cheesy?

Enlightened One

Default Re: Atomizers.

Vinegar is meant to be good or you could just steralise it.
    Grab some staright 100% alcohol and mix it in rinse out with hot water and you should be on youre way to removing the smell.

http://www.anitadoth.myby.co.uk/anita%20doth_2%20u%20downloads.htm

<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

Does anyone know the best way to clean out one of the Love-Scent atomizers to remove the scent of the last cologne that was in it?

<hr></blockquote>Wash the bottle out good with hot soapy water, rinse it well, then triple rinse it with the most concentrated alcohol you can find. Fill the bottle with clean alcohol. Wash the sprayer gadget in hot soapy water, rinse it well. Put it back on the bottle, and spray the clean alcohol through it until the output stops smelling like the old cologne. Pour out the alcohol and you should be pretty well set.

**DONOTDELETE**

Ditto on what the BMan suggested... good old soapy water with an alcohol bath and spray through make sense to me.

As for Demeter colognes, here\'s a link; http://www.fp1.com/shopping/demeter/demeterhome.html

Although they\'re priced reasonably enough, I haven\'t tried any of \'em yet, so I\'m clueless as to how they\'d smell. However, with all fragrances, I\'d suggest trying a sample first if you can find a brick and mortar store somewhere in your area which sells them.

**DONOTDELETE**

- online retailer of \'cologne\' \"miniatures\", 4 - 11 ml sizes
    - caveat emptor: May be prudent to confirm:
    . EDT vs AfterShave vs Cologne for some products;
    . genuine VS copy/imitation

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/minimen.html

Enlightened One

Bruce provides good quality ive had my atomiser for close on a year and it still works fine. But the old spray of hot water should do the trick.

http://www.anitadoth.myby.co.uk/anita%20doth_2%20u%20downloads.htm

One trick I like is to use rubbing alcohol to help clean out the atomizer. It is a bit more organic (in the chem sense) than ethanol (EtOH) and it stinks. Before anyone goes off the deep end, let me explain why that is good.

The colognes we know and love are basically very potent oils of some sort (smelly organics) dissolved in EtOH among other things. So they tend to like organic solvents (like dissolves like...) Isopropyl alcohol (IPA or Rubbing Alcohol) is more organic than EtOH. So the smelly cmpds will dissolve better in IPA. IPA also smells. This means, when you cannot smell the IPA in your atomizer (your nose is extremely good at this stuff) it is gone, and the thing is clean. Also, it evaporates fairly quickly. Oh yeah, you can get it anywhere and it is cheap.

**DONOTDELETE**

To All:

Thank you very much, all your information is GREATLY appreciated. I still haven\'t gotten around to cleaning out the atomizer, I\'m recovering from last night (Saturday), for more info, read my most recent post. =~)

I\'m in a good mood, if (hopefully) I win the lottery here, everybody on the forum gets a bottle of the phero of their choice on me! Seriously.

Thread Information