Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Online Dating Sites

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I read part of an article today about the online personals situation. I didn\'t get to finish it and can\'t recall the mag it was in ( some small Sunday paper type of thing ) but it went on to say that in a poll taken on the subject , women rarely respond to ads they read and seldom answer the responses they get from guys of their own ads. It mentioned that women reported they place ads just to see what responses that the ad will drum up but that is usually as far as they will take it.

It has been mentioned here that women very seldom make the first \'move\' to meet a guy and seems it carries over to the \'faceless internet\' as well according to this article and in my experiance.

I once placed an ad in three different personals sites and never received one response ... so it seems to ring true at least in my experiance.

I\'m wondering if any other guys here have experianced the same thing and if you think it\'s true that women would rarely make the first contact with an online dating site even if the ad was appealing to her. Female friends I\'ve asked about this today agreed they\'d place an ad to play around and to see the results, but would never make the first move.

I\'d love to hear some opinions - especially from the women here.

Default Re: Online Dating Sites

screw dating... www.adultfriendfinder.com

oh and guys, for some reason the sexiest part of our pictures is our eyes, i don\'t know why

but every picture that i have seen that was rated high, it was becasuse the guy had sexy eyes

so if you go on a personals site with your pic, make sure you pose with your eyes, instead of flexing and posing like an idiot... only the women look good doing that

cuddlebear

This hasn\'t been my experience at all! I have gotten many responses from online personals and it now takes quite a bit of a time to answer everybody\'s PMs that they send me. Very flattering, but these people are so far away!! (EX. Me in Florida, her in Oregon)

cuddlebear

Hey, I crossed the barrier from Stranger to Newbie!! No stopping me now!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'ve used the personals exclusively for the past 15 years, met the guy I married from a personal ad (he advertised, I answered), met everyone I\'ve been with since, dates or lovers, from ads (I advertised, they answered). I completely agree with Pantero, screw dating. I hate dating a lot. The ads make it possible for you to zero in on what you want and be honest about it --and the more specifically you can ask for what you want, the more likely you are to get it. But it takes a lot of energy. If you write a good ad, you\'ll get responses, you don\'t even need a picture.

Having said that -- I\'ve deleted well over a thousand responses to one ad and I only responded to maybe 5 of those people, and when they wrote back they said exactly the wrong thing. It\'s rare that I get a \"hit.\" When I do, I follow up. But I\'ve learned not to answer just anybody just because they wrote to me. Don\'t have the time/energy anymore, but more importantly, I\'m waiting to respond. If I feel myself respond to someone, I\'ll write. But I have to feel it. So I do ignore most of the responses I get.

But you must admit, an 8 year marriage (9 years total together) and two good affairs is not bad, right?

It\'s been worth it for me.

The link Pantero gave you is a good one.

Phero Dude

i signed up for an online dating

service to see if c&f works. since 10/12, i have got 28 responses from this profile:
    Im a cocky metrosexual. Not

many women fit my standards and if youre reading this and thinking "damn hes cocky". Then guess what, you dont meet

my requirements. Dont bother reading the rest. Dont send hate mail either because you caught feelings. Now imagine

if you were to walk into a room with ME. As you are walking into the room everybody is staring at us. Notice what

its like to get that to get a amazing warm sensation because every woman is envious of you. What would it be like if

you got that feeling all the time? Well....if you qualify send me a email. How do you qualify? Well if you cant

stand a cocky metrosexual then dont bother. So that should cut most women down. If youre the select few, you know

who you are, feel free to contact me. If anything we can be friends, I need more friends on my level.

Quote Originally Posted by **DONOTDELETE**
    I\'d

love to hear some opinions - especially from the women here.
    I'm solidly in the "useless" camp.

I've used several dating services. At one I was told that they wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole because my

personality fell into some-odd percentile that they don't know how to classify. That was well before I came upon

Larry Wingets book, and DeAngelo's materials.

Some of those dating services are merely hooks for spammers to

get your email address and send you commercials for breast and penis enlargement "suppliments". Very tacky. They

must figure that everyone is insecure with themselves.

I've been tempted to use one again, but it's not

worth it in my book. I can step out my door, ride my bike two miles to a college campus and hook up there just as

easy. And I don't have to pay for it either.

I like the personal approach really. It helps me break my

propensity for being shy/lone wolf. You don't become more socially acclimated by sitting at home chatting away at

someone on ICQ.

I agree with

Felstorm.........Being a guy with a abnormal (but very nice) personality does not go well with the whole onling

dating thing. It is just silly to me. For a few months I tried it out. The odds of being 'picked' out of ALL the

guys responed to her add are rediculous. You have to say the right thing, which is differnct for eveyone.

Another thing is that there are too many sites. Take 10 sites and make one. This might work better. Enless your

are in a major city like say Philly or Phoenix. More peeps out there that are accepting to none 'i am just a drone

in the world' type additudes.

"The whole world must learn of our peaceful ways, by force!"

Ive tried the whole "just tell them

who I am with a catchy headline" thing but i got nothing then I noticed I got an eye contact using another account I

made up after getting a bit pissed off at these women that think theyre goddesses, and it goes like this:

" I have a booty that you would kill for!! really "

Online Name: d_licous

"I am a 30 year

old male seeking a female."

About me ...
    Damn you all have high demands for potential partners, so here

are my qualifications for you all: you must look like a model, have a body like a stripper, cook like Emeril, more

cash than Donald Trump, pamper me like a king, and want to get 10 kinds of nasty like an escaped nun. I have a

wonderful ass that would make J Lo jealous. And as great as it is, it always follows me because it knows where the

good stuff is, do you? Just give it a little eye contact and you might be able to see it closer!! Just try

****_****** where is almost as hot as my ass. What have you got to lose? I can't make you fall in love with all my

hot sexxxiness right? Or do you want to be on an internet dating site waiting to meet the man of your dreams? I dare

you... no, I double dare you to prove me wrong!! Yeah that's what I thought

I'm looking for

Someone to love and enjoy my killer apple of a rump. Someone that stares at my chest when she is talking to

me. Also see above

The most important thing in my life is ...
    Workin my onion of an ass. It's an onion

because it makes you wanna cry!

I spend my free time ...
    Basking in the glory that is my shiny rear

bumper

I got broads wanting to talk to me even without my pic

If you use my ad i'ts copyright by

me, but i guess you can us it if you kiss my sweet ass a few times.

"I want a nice guy" Yeah right, My sweet

(_!_) you do. <--Look, it's an ass!! I'm bored and im going to bed now.
    Why do women want what they can't have, and when they get it, they don't want it anymore?

Thread Information