Close

Default How much does one\'s physical attraction matter?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi everybody! I\'m new to this and I haven\'t actually bought anything yet but I think it\'s kinda interesting so I just might give it a try once I get my finances in order! But anyway, can you tell me how much of a difference physical attraction makes? I\'m guessing pheromones can\'t do much for someone who is totally unattractive but what if you are actually very good looking? Do women perhaps need to consider (sexually) violent reactions as well? I understand that in general pheromones cause positive reactions but what if they make you just too damn sexy? ... Any ideas or experiences? ... Thanx... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Pet

Default Re: How much does one\'s physical attraction matter?

Hey Pet.

When it comes to women, looks don\'t matter nearly as much as they do to guys. I\'m assuming you\'re a guy here, cuz women usually know that already.

Be confident, not cocky, and women will like that.

If you ARE already physically attractive, more power to ya, pheromones might give you another edge, but you\'re still the blade. And those ugly guys with knockout girlfriends that you see, not all of them wear pheros. They just have game (read: The System).

Phero Pro

Well, just for the record, I\'m assuming Pet is a woman, because of the question she posed, \"Do women perhaps need to consider (sexually) violent reactions as well?\" Sounds to me as if Pet is already a hot babe, and wonders whether wearing pheromones will push some guys over the edge into raping her.

Answer: I really, really, really don\'t think that is possible.

I think it is now well accepted and agreed upon that sexual violence (speaking specifically about a male raping a female) has nothing to do with sexual desire, and everything to do with power, control, and pure violence in and of itself. The offender\'s sex drive, horniness, lust, or whatever you want to call it, has very little, if anything at all, to do with the act of rape. Even if pheromones were true *aphrodisiacs,\" which they are not, my answer would be the same.

Although I\'m an accountant, and not a trained expert in sex crimes or psychology, I think I\'m pretty accurate about this. Of course, I\'d like some more knowledgeable types to weigh in with more informed opinions~

FWIW, there was at least one study that noted that the less physically attractive one was, the more the pheros worked. In other words, pheros acted as a sort of leveler, adding attraction to those who lacked it, and having less effect on those already quite attractive.

Anyone got a cite on that study?

**DONOTDELETE**

Pet:

I\'ve seen guys that weigh more than the average American-made luxury SUV, and look like they\'ve been ran over by one, with very attractive women! So I\'m guessing looks weren\'t a factor in those relationships. IMHO, I think it\'s more based on personality and the way you present yourself as a whole.

Remember, Pheromones just \"break the ice\" the dirty work is up to you. However, they will give you confidence when you wear them and start seeing them take effect. You have high self-confidence, that confidence radiates off of you, and women love confident guys.

Here\'s a metaphor that just came into mind. Picture a locked door, you\'re at one end, and a female that you\'re interested in is at the other end. Use the pheromones as a key to open that locked door.

Phero Dude

Default Re: How much does one\'s physical attraction matter

Bassman,

I don\'t know anything about the study, but if this is true it makes me feel good. Pheros don\'t do nearly as much for me as they seem to do for many people on this forum. Even before pheros came in the picture I really have had a problem with women, even in cases where lack of confidence isn\'t a problem. A couple of my friends gave me the theory that I am just too intimidating for many women. It\'s not that I am super handsome; it\'s more of an overall image; I have sort of rock star image/presence. This study might explain why on this forum you hear guys having lots of success who say they are fat, bald, and middle-aged, whereas some other guys say they see no changes with pheros, but that they never had a problem with women before anyway.

\"FWIW, there was at least one study that noted that the less physically attractive one was, the more the pheros worked. In other words, pheros acted as a sort of leveler, adding attraction to those who lacked it, and having less effect on those already quite attractive.

Anyone got a cite on that study? \"

Enlightened One

I think it works more if you balance up those \"androgen types\" that you are lacking. Ie a good looking guy who appears pissed off always - ie intimidating then Anol is best. If women disrespect you as another \"friend\" Anone. If women just plain try to play the dominant party arone.

If you gota grumpy bitch always a1. Being super handsome means for women \"having a great body - more than facial features\" Some women prefer to play safe by going with the beta males. Id say that ugly guys (skinny and unworked bodies) will get a better reaction.

And if you want to remove male competition couplins work best.

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies! Just one little thing, I\'m not a guy. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I just got a message from FullTiltRedHead (thanx) suggesting I reveal my sex & age & stuff so yes, I\'m very much a woman, 23 years old. Gerund did answer my question but since we\'re sharing, I can really relate to what MadMaxx said, about being intimidating to women. I\'ve been told I\'m rather intimidating to men, simply because I look rather good. I think I\'m a nice, approachable person but I\'m starting to get a little tired of being stared at the entire night but in the end, still going home alone! Guys, can you help me out here? Why must I always make the first move? I don\'t like it, it turns me off to tell you the truth, I want to be seduced!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Why do guys act like a bunch of lost puppies around me?? ... Do you think pheromones will make men horny enough to actually make a move or will they just add to the intimidation factor?
    Hugs to all of you,
    Pet

May I have this dance?

Phero Dude

Well as has been said in another of the threads, if you\'re out and notice someone\'s interested in you, smile and structure an opportunity for the guy to approach you. Other than that you\'ll probably have to live with making the first move as most guys will admire you from a distance and kick their heels as you\'ve already described. A very attractive woman is extremely intimidating to make a move on as the expectation is definite rejection, so if you smile at him, and give him that good opening to approach, if he has any balls he will.

ANYTIME BABE!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Pet, maybe go out with girlfriends who are more approachable and get your game plan together to cooperate rather than compete. The guys who come over will talk to the more approachable woman first and ask her if he can sit down, but it\'s almost always because he\'s using her as an \"in\" to talk to you, so agree in advance to let guys sit with you. Make a deal with your girlfriend to play the guys you think you might like to you and she gets to keep the ones she wants for herself. You\'ll have time to decide who gets what while they\'re walking toward you. Then, E.g., if they ask her to dance she can say she doesn\'t dance, sorry, but Pet would be glad to and you look up and smile like an angel straight into his eyes.

Phero Enthusiast

Pet - The curse of being a true beauty is that many men will feel intimidated about approaching you (\'she\'s out of my league\' - they have a confidence problem). And many men that do approach will be arrogant or worse. So the true beauty often finds herself looked at but alone, or hassled by creeps.

It\'s a problem, but one most of us would be willing to work with if given the choice. I would suggest just striking up casual conversation with any man you choose - they\'re not going to run even if they find your looks intimidating. They will be flattered you chose to speak to them. Any casual comment or question will do for an opener (Hi! Big crowd tonight, huh? or What time is it? - anything is fine). If you start out with casual talk and for some crazy reason they don\'t respond, well, you haven\'t lost anything - your ego wasn\'t on the line. After you break the ice, the conversation can develop along other lines if you like, or you can walk away if they don\'t interst you.

Looking great gives you social power if you choose to use it.

Phero Dude

Yeah, the guys are scared to approach you if you\'re really pretty.

Wimps.

It took me quite awhile to learn to just do it and not be anxious about it.

But think about it... guys are supposed to be aggressive and take the initiative, but really are just as shy and afraid of rejection as anyone.

Until you learn how to do it, it can be really tough to be a guy.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Just come to Oregon and DrSmell will do the rest.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

Then head up north to Seattle so I can teach ya how ta cut a rug on the dance floor. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Well now, guess I\'ll just have to look you guys up next time I\'m in America! Could be dangerous though, everybody armed with all these tempting smells and yours truly being rather starved... Oh my.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    But really, thank you all, you\'ve been most helpful! So which product would you recommend? Which one\'s best for women? And PLEASE don\'t use these abbreviations, I\'m new at this!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Thanks again, you\'re all so sweet... why do you need pheromones anyway?! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Pet

Phero Pro

Pet,

For you I would recomend Scent of Eros oil and/or gel packs. The product smells great plus the androstenol in the product will make everyone around you more relaxed therefore it would make you more approachable. I wouldn\'t recommend anything with couplins since I have heard that they would make the guys around even more awestruck, and that\'s what you don\'t want. Would anyone out there that has used couplins would like to concur?

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'d agree with SwingerMD. However if you can run to it you may want to pickup a bottle of Primal Instinct for Women. There\'s massisve amounts of androstenol in it.

Scent of Eros has Androsterone as a second ingredient whereas Primal Instinct for Women does have an undisclosed amount of copulins in it.

I think that these 2 products would make up a good startup pheromone arsenal for you. One with copulins and one without.

BTW: Less is more, use 12 inches of Scent of Eros and 2-3 drops of Primal Instinct as a guideline dose. Experimenting is half the fun though!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Getting your first hit with pheromones is a great feeling.

Let us know how it goes.

Phero Enthusiast

<I>FWIW, there was at least one study that noted that the less physically attractive one was, the more the pheros worked. In other words, pheros acted as a sort of leveler, adding attraction to those who lacked it, and having less effect on those already quite attractive.</I>

Heh, no wonder the \'mones don\'t work miracles for me, errr, um, nevermind. Actually maybe Bruce should charge me more, considering how much more I\'d be getting from them :-)

JDM

Phero Pro

Hi Pet,

Many guys make the mistake of thinking that because you are so attractive, you must already have a boyfriend.

Also, lots of guys *hate* approaching a woman who is clearly in the company of one or more girlfriends; we don\'t know how to break you out of the herd, so to speak. If you are usually in the company of friends when out in public, you are putting up a major roadblock for guys to overcome.

Lastly, I have to wonder if you look \"available\" when a guy first notices you. I mean, you\'re not wearing rings on your wedding band finger, are you? And how\'s your body posture? Legs & arms crossed? Stiff upright posture like an ice queen? Are you smiling often?

I know most of that previous paragraph may sound really dumb, but it needed saying, just in case any of it applies to you. You could be sending out the wrong kind of signals to guys, and not really be aware of it. I\'m sure you\'re smarter than that, but hey, I\'m just trying to cover all the bases. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] If you want me to be perfect, I want more money... lol

Banned User

I dissagree...It may be best to use what you HAVE ENHANCE IT...You won\'t be able to play the role of NONE when you aren\'t none, and the role of NOL, if you aren\'t nol..I say, get what you are, and to about the right percentage. Plus, it depends on what you are LOOKING for, if you want to look like a leader, Rone, if you want to look like friendly, talkative type attractive (male OR female..) get the Nol, and, if you want to look like a real MAN, it\'s the None, or, if you are a FEMALE...It\'s the copulins...Personally, I like a girl with more copulins rather than a girl with Nol qualities anyway, I think, it really depends on what you are looking, for etc, but, there\'s no reason to play something you AREN\'T...That\'s not going to work very well...

On another note, pheros kind of work like MAKEUP DOES!!!! In that, if you are a pretty girl, it makes you look pretty, but you were pretty enough to BEGIN with, and, if you were an ugly girl, but you are wearning makeup, you\'re STILL ugly, it works best for right inbetween there, and, I believe, that, is also the range for the pheromones. Not to say though, no matter WHAT, you still need the mones for the EDDDDGGE no matter WHAT your appearance.

Bart

Banned User

Pet, I believe that, all that\'s going to do is make you MORE intimidating, if you want to get in there, you need to #1, give signals, and #2 LET THEM KNOW YOU\'RE INTERESTED...And that DOESN\'T mean, playing with them...If you are interested, you need to let them KNOW, this can be as simple as SMILING, TALKING, bumping into them, FLIRTING...Etc....You HAVE TO KNOW THAT YOU WANT THEM.....Or, they will think that you are some hot lady that would NEVER go with THEM...And, mones WON\'T help you there! Like I have BEEN SAYING!

Bart

**DONOTDELETE**

That\'s exactly what I\'m finding, actually. Save the copulins for after you get him home ;-). And of course, as you all know, I\'ve been having the exact same problem. Soooo beautiful everyone\'s in awe, but ... if I got any MORE desirable, I\'m afraid they\'d go mad and rape me, whatever shall I do?gales and gales of laughterLove from FTR

**DONOTDELETE**

I just spit Gatorade all over my monitor. Rats.. now it\'ll be all sticky!

First I just have to say you\'re all very sweet for trying to help me out so much, I love you guys! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    But ok, here\'s another question. If I go out alone, sit there, flirt with everyone, smile to everyone, bump into guys, spill drinks into their laps and then try to wipe them off... silly stuff like that, won\'t that make me look a little desperate? Or like I\'m just looking to get laid? And the thing is that I\'m rather shy myself as far as these things go. I am open and to tell you the truth, most of my relationships ended because my boyfriends thought I was too nice to everybody and too flirty (that\'s my nature, not something I do intentionally) but no matter what I look like, I still feel shy about approaching men. Also, I don\'t like playing games, I\'m a very direct person so if I get tired of waiting, I go up to a man and simply introduce myself or something. But the problem is that I HATE being the one who makes the first move, men may or may not like the chase but I know I like to be chased! And this way, it never happens. I dream of a man who would have the guts to come up to me, firmly and elegantly (not with one of those horrible horrible lines that really do make me spill my drink into his lap but not out of interest for that lap!!), introduce himself and not play \"hard to get\" or like he\'s just giving it a shot because he\'s got nothing better to do... I like to feel special and I like men who make me feel that way. So if I\'m the one doing all the hard work, that doesn\'t happen! I end up constantly wondering why he didn\'t do anything if he thought I was so pretty or whatever. I guess I\'m a bit old-fashioned but I like men to fight for me! To show some effort! That would definitely get me into their laps!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Pet

P.S. My best relationship started on the internet, I\'m guessing because for a long time neither one of us knew what the other one looked like! So maybe I should just start flirting with you guys! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

But anyway, can you tell me how much of a difference physical attraction makes?
    To me physical attractiveness is not highly important. I think 90% of women are attractive to me in some way, it\'s just a matter of finding it. I go through each day and probably see ten or twenty beautiful girls (at least in my eyes) but the real attraction doesn\'t set in until I know the person, get to talk to her, hang out with her, see what she is all about. Once I found out about someone, then the real attraction sets in. This is probably why I have so many close female friends. I met one of my friend\'s sisters the other day and we hit it off beautifully. She\'s cute, but no knockout especially considering some of the other girls I\'ve dated in the past (according to my catty female friends, who also say she has a big butt), but she just does something for me. I like her a lot, and I cannot place my finger on it. I guess chemistry is the most important thing with me, always will be.

So to make a long story short, pheromones often give off a \"hitting it off\" vibe, especially -Nol, so once I meet a girl and we\'re talking and hitting it off, I probably would really be attracted to her.

I know I got sidetracked somewhere along the way, but you get my point :-)

JDM

**DONOTDELETE**

This is so true. I can meet a woman and not feel any attraction but, as I get to know them they become more and more attractive.

Thread Information