Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Blech! Vanilla oil OMG

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I just put the teensiest bit of Vanilla Oil with Androstenol that came free with the PI/w I ordered on my wrists and OMG it smells SO vile. Old tennis shoes. It\'s enough to make you cry. I never smelled anything so bad in my life coming out of a bottle. Is it just me?

upsidedown

Default Re: Blech! Vanilla oil OMG

No, it\'s not just you. I ordered a bottle of it a while back, but never use it because it is extremely vile. So, I\'ve just stuck with the musk oil since then.

**DONOTDELETE**

Three scrubs with dishwashing liquid and it hasn\'t come off yet, either. I\'m gonna have to sleep in this. I feel like Triall.

Try deodorant.

**DONOTDELETE**

Whitehall, you genius you. Thanks. That worked. I never would have thought of it. Shall I send you the bottle for burial somewhere under a mountain in Nevada? I think that may be where it belongs.

upsidedown

Hmm, an interesting idea. Mix your bottle of Vanilla oil with the EW. Now that would get people\'s attention.

Sorry about that. I didn\'t know it was that bad, but it came to my attention a few weeks ago that the company we buy those oils from changed them suddenly and radically without notice. About a year ago I got the very first samples in the mail: musk, citrus and vanilla. They were all fantastic and I still have those samples here at home. Ever since then I have been giving those 3 away like hotcakes, not knowing that they were a totally different item. About 6 months ago I got 5 new samples which the sales-guy said were great (\"just like the musk, citrus and vanilla\"). That should have been my wake up call because they didn\'t smell great at all. Tammy said the opperators liked them, so we added them to the set, but I wasn\'t sending them out with orders, that is for sure. Still all this time I was under the impression that the musk, vanilla and citrus were the same as the samples I got over a year ago. Then I had Tammy send me the entire set so I could take a photo of them and my jaw hit the floor when I took a sniff.

Until now, nobody seemed to notice anything was out of the ordinary. I remember somebody posting that the oils weren\'t orgainic essential oils and thinking that was odd. The original 3 samples I got were actual essential oils to my sniffer. Now that mystery is solved.

Anyway, I am looking for new \"essential oils\", and when the current supply runs out, I will banish the SP oils to their own little page where they can be purchased if needed.

Sorry,
    Bruce

Phero Dude

FTR,

Try fresh garlic. After I contaminated my fingers with pure EW, I still couldn\'t stand them the next day, so rather than cut them off, while I was cooking the next day I took some of the fresh garlic and rubbed the piss out of my fingers. I worked quite well although no amount of soap had any effect on the EW.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, Bruce - sorry to give a product bad press - they did you grevious, heinous wrong with that oil, is all. Maybe better to throw it out.

Yess.. the vanilla reeks--but, to me the others are OK.
    I particularly like the citrus for summer. The musk and amber are great for under scents with some of the cool weather scents I wear.
    IMHO
    Jim

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

None of those SP oils are real essential oils. They are fragrance oils.

Real vanilla oil is very earthy and musky, not just sweet, and is amazing in blends. One of my favorite oils.

Here\'s a little secret: I definitely believe that real vanilla counteracts -none OD\'s. I\'ve kept this one to myself for a while -- tee hee.

So is real vanilla OIL different from real vanilla extract in alcohol?

**DONOTDELETE**

I love vanilla\'s smell and flavor (ironic, no?), use vanilla sugar (madagascar beans in the sugar canister) in my coffee sometimes, vanilla\'s my favorite ice cream flavor ... believe me, this stuff does not smell anything like vanilla. It really does smell like old tennis shoes and maybe even old jock straps. I\'ve never smelled the latter but I can imagine. Truly, truly vile.

Whitehall, here\'s for you:
    http://www.vanilla.com/html/facts-beans.html

-- Anyone have -nol OD, get headachy, have it go slightly rancid on their skin so it smells sweaty?

Vanilla has _very_ strong lust correspondences in the tantric literature. The synthetic stuff is to puke for...

<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

So is real vanilla OIL different from real vanilla extract in alcohol?

<hr></blockquote>Far as I have seen, extracting vanilla bean in alcohol is the way to get vanilla oil.

**DONOTDELETE**

Armagnac or a very fine brandy also makes a good base for vanilla - put the beans in the bottle.

Thread Information