Close

Default Alright to refrigerate?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    It\'s pretty warm in my house. Is it alright to refrigerate my \'mones? Or does that damage it?

Default Re: Alright to refrigerate?

Nope, refigeration is fine. Its actually a better way of storing them.

Makes a lot of sense to refrigerate but I wouldn\'t go so far as to freeze - that may cause irreversible separation. However, I\'ve never tried so that warning is just speculation.

Phero Pro

I have a little box normally used for keeping soda cans cold that I use to store my pheros. Works good for me! Very refreshing, to say the least.

Enlightened One

It makes sense to at least keep them cool, but ive noticed that no bad effects are noted in heat up 40C apparently anything above 58C will start to degrade them but thats just speculation- they would be very refreshing i wonder if you could enhance them that way by keeping them cool.

Please sign the petition on this website http://www.chez.com/kristalisator/
    So all you anaymous lurkers that view this page go sign up for me they only need 10000 signatures. I want 2 Unlimited to reform.

Phero Dude

Default Altered PI/w?

Alright, I\'m bumping up this thread instead of starting a new one...

When I first got PI/w I put it in the refirgerator with the rest of my pheros, and when I opened it up the next morning... yep, you guessed it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] It was solid. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I didn\'t get the chance to try it out before I froze it, but I have not seen any results with it so far. I\'ve tried 2 and 3 drops with no visible reactions whatsoever, but I just thought maybe I was ODing it. I\'m going to try 1 drop and see how that goes. But I was thinking that maybe the chemical structure was altered when it solidified. Chemistry is not one of my strong suits, so I was wondering if any of you might have some input on this?

Phero Pro

Default Re: Altered PI/w?

It should be still ok. Pheromones are simple molecules that shouldn\'t be damaged this way. At least not during the freezing process itself, dunno if they react to something during this process.

Phero Pro

DaVinciKittie,

I agree with Andy. The only way you can have a chemical change is if you burn the pheros (i.e. toss them into an open fire). The only suggestion that I can think of is that you shake/mix the bottle very well before you use it (the pheros and carrier oil could have separated when you froze it).

Phero Dude

Thanks guys. That\'s good to hear. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

Just curious. Was it the freezer section or the fridge section?? I\'ve never put mine in any of them. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

It was the fridge. I have one of those little box-like personal refrigerators, so the freezer is essentially part of the fridge anyway. In any case, it wasn\'t in the freezer section. I play around with different oils too, and I noticed that Jojoba also solidifies in the refrigerator. Just for kicks I measured the temp in there and it\'s around 42 F.

Phero Pro

I hope you don\'t do this to cold pressed precious oils.

Phero Dude

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    I hope you don\'t do this to cold pressed precious oils.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

What is this, pick on DVK day?!? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Let\'s give me a little bit of credit, k? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

No no ... it\'s only because you could do some harm to your oils, unlike the pheros.

Phero Dude

Thanks Andy. I appreciate your concern. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Alright, I\'m bumping up this thread instead of starting a new one...

When I first got PI/w I put it in the refirgerator with the rest of my pheros, and when I opened it up the next morning... yep, you guessed it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] It was solid. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I didn\'t get the chance to try it out before I froze it, but I have not seen any results with it so far. I\'ve tried 2 and 3 drops with no visible reactions whatsoever, but I just thought maybe I was ODing it. I\'m going to try 1 drop and see how that goes. But I was thinking that maybe the chemical structure was altered when it solidified. Chemistry is not one of my strong suits, so I was wondering if any of you might have some input on this?

You didn\'t freeze it at 42F. PI/w is in an oil base. Some oils solidify at fairly high temps. It should be fine when it melts.

Journeyman

(the pheros and carrier oil could have separated when you froze it).

This brings up A point I\'d been wondering about. Without freezing them do they seperate at all? Should they be lightly shaken before using if they\'ve been sitting for A while?

Phero Pro

I always give a good shake to a bottle of pheros before I put them on, especially the mixes that I make.

Journeyman

Good to know. I\'ll start doing the same to mine and see if the results are any different.

Thread Information