Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Paxil VS Pheromones? Any thoughts?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I am on Paxil and low sex drive. Can my boyfiend take a phero to help me?

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Paxil VS Pheromones? Any thoughts?

Talk to your doctor about getting off Paxil (slowly) and on Wellbutrin. Wellbutrin has been show to actually be beneficial to women\'s drive/ability to orgasm. Why are you taking Paxil, to help you with what symptoms?

**DONOTDELETE**

You are quite the sweetheart. I have read alot of what you have written here. I know there is Wellbutrin PS or something to this effect which helps with these symptoms: Depression,manic and Bi-Polar. I did goof once, went off Paxil without going off slow. Like a dummy,I had a OB/GYN give me this advice...Opps, WRONG. I will call my Dr. Thanks

**DONOTDELETE**

Paxil\'s contraindicated for mania. How are you feeling besides the loss of libido?

You should get a physical and let your medical doctor recommend a good psychiatrist to give you a meds evaluation. Psychopharmacology is kinda serious business as I\'m sure you know. Treat yourself right and go to an expert. Generally the psychiatrists won\'t insist you sit around and talk to them, they\'ll give you script and call you back periodically to see how you\'re doing so it\'s not a big time investment.

I did Paxil for a while. I have to agree with Red. Contraindicated for mania. It made me very jittery. I have to concur on the shrink, too. Family docs tend to prescribe psychotrops based on which little drug rep hottie last visited their office (and left food, gifts, and a ton of samples). Find somebody with _lots_ of experience in treating psychiatric problems. You may need several changes of anti-depressant until you find the one that works for you.

PS - Paxil made orgasm next to impossible for me. There are -trops that won\'t do that.

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks you two...I have tried Prozac,Zoloft and really liked Paxil till the last couple of years I have been on. I will seek good help. You\'re right Bassman,I used to work for several Dr\'s and I know what you mean about the reps. However,my Dr now is a 60+ yr old Women..teehee

Tell your prescribing doctor about your problems with sexual response. This is an increasingly recognized side effect and one he has a professional duty to recognize. If he blows you off, find another doctor.

Wellbutrin (buprion) has some evidence supporting its relative lack of sexual dampening compared to Paxil and Prozac; there is certainly evidence, albeit non-binding, that Wellbutrin can be a sexual stimulant. However, if you present manic symptoms, the doc is not likely to prescribe a stimulating antidepressant like Wellbutrin

I\'d had a girlfriend who was on Prozac while we dated. The sex was OK but not up to the potential we both knew was there and she was frustrated by own lack of orgasmic response; after I left the area I called her to chat and she told me that she had switched to Wellbutrin - \"You should be here now!\" Whaaaa.

As to pheromones helping to alleviate the negative sexual effects, I\'d doubt it. Your problem is rooted in the brain chemistry changes that Paxil and other SSRIs make. Pheromones might provided increased stimulus to the brain but the brain is dampened for any pleasure response. So maybe a little positive effect but don\'t count on it.

Bruce does offer a money back guarentee so try a bottle of PCC (for you) and/or NPA (for him). If it doesn\'t work, you can ask for your money back.

Phero Dude

For manic-depression and even for depression (and possibly schizophrenia), omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to work very well. But you have to take a lot of them. At least 6 grams a day. And only the fish oil has been used in the tests that have shown the positive results.

I\'ve been taking this for a while and feel great. And it\'s also beneficial for all kinds of other things... good for the brain, the heart, anti-cancer, etc.

Problem is... if I take 6 grams of fish oil at once, I get an upset stomach. Choices are:

- take 2 grams per meal, 3 times per day.
    - get this product, Fisol, which is enteric coated (what I do) and take 12 of them a day at once (!)... no upset stomach.

This is the lowest cost I\'ve found for it:
    http://www.vitacost.com/Store/Products/ProductDescription.cfm?SKUNumber=033674143704

Works out to about $1.10 a day, but very worth it. Expect it to take up to 3 months before you see results.

And you can do this while still on your other medication, then try tapering off your medication after 3 months of this and see how you feel. You may find you don\'t need it any more.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Yes, if you find the best nutritional supplements you can often reduce your dose. This takes work, but is so worth it.

Settle for nothing less than the best psychiatrist in town for a while, and read a lot on the internet. Once you get stable you can go to a chaper one. Second best will get you second best meds.

**DONOTDELETE**

THANK YOU ALL...You have given me great advice and I have put into effect most of them. Called my Dr. to have her advice a good shrink. I will go from there. Thanks again.
    Denise

To address your original question about pheromones, I\'m not even going to try to venture into the Psychopharmacology (thanks FTR, new word!) stuff, I\'ll leave that to the venerable experts above.

You are looking for something to turn you on, so we need a mens product. The best pheromone for arousal (from my experience) is -none, so we are either looking at an all -none product (RM, PI, NPA, TE, PPA etc.) or something like AE.

Depending on your budget, this is the optimal perchase:

RM
    NPA
    AE
    SOE

You might also want to look at the Stimugel (sp?) that Bruce sells, but since I don\'t know the intricacies of your problem, I don\'t know for sure.

If your buget is tight (or you just want to give this a try, and I would probably reccomend this anyway) then try:

SOE or AE
    NPA

Bear in mind that you will receave a free sample of SOE with your order (gel pack veriety).

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks CptKipling...by the way, are people using this as Udate.com(a dating service) or something? I see in the profiles, men describing themselves in detail? hmmmmm?
    Whatever gets the results must work here..

**DONOTDELETE**

No, Neesa, the guys have theories regarding physical characteristics and pheromones. Also it\'s helpful to be able to check someone\'s bio and get a sense of who you\'re talking to, since email is such that we can\'t read body language. Several people have encouraged everyone to fill their information out entirely.

**DONOTDELETE**

You are right again...sorry FTR...~

Phero Dude

By the way, here\'s a good article about some of the Omega-3 results.

http://osf1.gmu.edu/~sslayden/curr-chem/fish-oil/fishoil-wp.htm

I can post actual abstracts if people really want \'em. I\'ve got a bunch somewhere...

**DONOTDELETE**

Thank you xvs,I did check it out and bookmarked it.

Phero Pro

I read in the medical tribune that in the US 92 of 100 of psychopharmacologic medications are not necessary. They called it a prescription mania. I\'d visit a psychological therapist in first place.

Thread Information