Close

Thread: syringes

**DONOTDELETE**

Default syringes

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Why does one need to use syringes without needles when mixing?

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: syringes

Try to suck up a product through the needle and you\'ll realize very well why [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It works only on alcohol products. Basically when you try to pull up some APC (example), you pull the syringe lever but only a very small amount comes in. Since you put in the syringe an amount of liquid whose volume is not equal to the volume drained by the pulled lever, you have decreased pressure in the syringe, and the very instant you leave the lever, it will push itself back in its original position.

Ultimately you can win that way too, but once you brought in some amount of product, you realize that the drops produced this way are very small (they have to pass through the needle, which has a small diameter)... In the end you\'ll throw away that needle, or even better, you might opt for a glass dropper.

I use the needles. For the 3ml and 1ml syringes, I don\'t have much problem. The 0.5 and 0.3 needles are pretty fine. But I tend to leave them on so that they will reach into the bottle. Have patience. They will fill eventually [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Bassman, when i first tried to mix JB#1 I noticed that the drops coming from the needle were much smaller than the ones coming from the NPA integrated dropper, so that would kill the ratio. Maybe I was just using a tighter needle than yours (I\'ll have a look at that old syringe if I can find it [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

Bassman, when i first tried to mix JB#1 I noticed that the drops coming from the needle were much smaller than the ones coming from the NPA integrated dropper, so that would kill the ratio.

<hr></blockquote>Absolutely. If I\'m using a syringe, I\'m not counting drops.

Enlightened One

Those syringes are very helpful, they can be used to get precise amounts in mixes. Needless ones of course.

Thread Information