Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Just ordered SOE and NPA...

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hey guys. I just ordered the 10ml SOE and the 5ml NPA. How do i go about mixing them to create DD#1 at 70% SOE and 30% NPA?

Should I just add 4.2857mls of NPA to the 10mls of SOE? That would give exactly 30% NPA and 70% SOE, by ml.
    Thus, 14.2857 mls total: 70% SOE (10mls) and 30 % NPA (4.2857mls) weighted by ml.

Or do i mix them based on mg concentrate? If the 10ml bottle of SOE contains 5mg of pheromone content, then I would add 2.14285 mgs of the NPA (which would be 4.46427 mls of the 5mls because the 5mls contains 2.4mgs of phereomone content.)
    Thus, 14.46427 mls total: 70% SOE (10mls) and 30 % NPA (4.46427mls) weighted by mg.

Hope that makes sense.
    Thanks,
    Hookem146

Default Re: Just ordered SOE and NPA...

No, get a seperate container (such as a small atomizer) and make up a small batch to test.

There may be times when you just want to wear SOE by itselft as well, so don\'t mix your entire bottle of SOE with NPA, or vice-versa for that matter.

You may also end up using different ratios as well in your mixe(s) just in case 7:3 is too strong or too weak.

Get a small atomizer and an eyedropper.

When I mix JB# 1 (7:3 APC:NPA) I use an eyedropper and an atomizer.

Again, you don\'t want to mix the entire contents of both products together, but you should make small batches.

Enlightened One

Default Re: Just ordered SOE and NPA...

Get a needleless syringe and make up a small test batch or do what i did first time i use some of the SOE and when its about 70% full add the NPA to fill up the bottle to make the DD mix it mixes in well and you have the roller bottle to add it as you do SOE. Which gives pinpoint control on where you are applying it. If you want to add PCC then just go with the following ratios 6:3:1 SOE:NPA:PCC. That is what is working with me a certain amount of Couplins works very well. Sorry my maths is on strike today.

www.anitadoth.com
    www.beatuyandthebeast.com.au

**DONOTDELETE**

Default ok...

so then, its on a ml basis (refer to the explanation in the original post) vs percentages on a mg basis?

I\'ve also read to be careful when mixing, especially if the two are oil and alcohol based. I believe that SOE is oil based, and that NPA is alcohol based. (please correct me if i am mistaken). according to what i\'ve read, mixing an oil and an alcohol in an atomizer can give you trouble... has that been a problem for you guys?

I have 1ml and 3ml syringes with needles. my roommate is diabetic and his mom is a nurse. transfering and storing should be no problem.

I think i\'ll withdraw some of the SOE and just add NPA to the roll-on to get the 70/30 ratio. then i can add/refill as needed. DD#1 should work as a roll-on, correct?

Finally, i\'ve read that i should put 2 inches on each forearm, and the neck as well. also read that OD\'ing with DD#1 isn\'t as much of a problem as the others. so, do those inches sound right?

and just to make sure, 70/30 based on mls, or measure 70/30 based on mgs?

peace guys;
    thanks
    Hookem146

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: ok...

Hi hookem,

yes, mixing oil based with alcohol based might give you troubles (there\'s a small section on the Cookbook about this issue) when mixed in an atomizer.

I don\'t really know how DD#1 would behave in an atomizer, but since I mixed my batch of DD#1 in an anonymous rolltop bottle and never had any problem, I suggest you to go that way. 70/30, aka 7:3 ratio of DD#1, is based on mls of respectively SoE and NPA.

Edit: ...but you\'ll probably want to work with drops, eg 7 drops SoE per 3 drops NPA, repeat until you reach desired mix amount [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

Default Re: Then WHY....?

In the cookbook it says that mixing JB#1 in an atomizer is a good idea. but JB#1 is made up of APC and NPA (an oil based and an alcohol based products), so what gives?

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Then WHY....?

If I remember correctly this has already been addressed in the past. You will want to shake that atomizer before spraying, and if you forget to do so, two things happen
    1) the atomizer channel gets filled with APC, and
    2) the ratio gets corrupted

Quoting from the cookbook: \"Even if you shake your atomizer, if the products don’t mix well there is a high chance that only a product will end in the tube to be sprayed\", because if a product alone is already in the channel, no matter how hard you shake, it won\'t move.

But if you shake the bottle *each single time* you spray, there\'s little chance that an APC-only or NPA-only portion will fill the atomizer channel, since the mix goes up only when the products are not separated. Jambat himself mixes JB#1 in an atomizer (an emptied TE one if I remember correctly), and reports that this way it works best for him, so I included it in the JB#1 description; being him a very experienced user, he knows about the separation issue and keeps the products separate when he shakes. A less experiences user might forget to do so, and ruin this mix... That\'s why I put the separation warning.

Enlightened One

Well from the person that made it yeah 7:3 is based on mls. So in the SOE bottle 7mls of SOE and 3 mls of NPA. Mixing the two isnt a problem you still get a end result that doesnt run to much out of the bottle. 2 inch swipes sounds about right. One that works for me is 4x2 inch swipes 2 on the front of the neck. 1 on the back if you want or you can go 2 on the neck and 2 on the forearms. Play around with the best application spots everyone gets different results (wrists are good as are behind the ears) OD is a very small factor but dont go way overboard otherwise the musk smell of SOE can get a little overpowering.

www.anitadoth.com
    Donaldduck out

<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

Edit: ...but you\'ll probably want to work with drops, eg 7 drops SoE per 3 drops NPA, repeat until you reach desired mix amount

<hr></blockquote>While you can obviously use drops, because of the differing compositions of NPA and SOE, using drops will give you a quite different mix than if you had used milliliters. (The drop size of the two will be different, even in the same dropper).

Could be better, could be worse, who knows. But it will be different.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default thanks fellas

I greatly appreciate the info guys. And thanks for being so explicit. I searched quite a while before i decided to make the post. thanks for the help.

I\'ve got syringes myself, so mixing in mls will be very easy to do. The SOE and NPA shipped yesterday. I\'ll let you all know when it arrives.

peace guys;
    hook

Default Re: thanks fellas

Knock \'em dead, guy.

Thread Information