Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    **DONOTDELETE**

Default ALPHA-DOMINANTMALE EXAMPLES

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hiyooo,

All right, I think it is pretty safe to say that a guy has a better chance of getting the girl if he is an alpha-dominant male. A lot of us have heard some of the characteristics that an alpha -dominant male should have, such as confidence, but that still does not necessarily give you a good idea of what an alpha-dominant male truly is like. Well, I would like any one who thinks they know a good example of an alpha-dominant male ( a male role from a movie, TV series etc.) to give the names of 5 males who they feel best represent the idea of an alpha-dominant male in this post. Make sure you take your time and really think about who has the alpha-dominant male characteristics. Here are mine, to start off:

-Steve McQueen in most of his roles
    -John Wayne in most of his roles
    -That dude Trent in the movie \"Swingers\"
    -Martin Luther King Jr.
    -Tom Cruise in \"Top Gun\"

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: ALPHA-DOMINANTMALE EXAMPLES

Clint Walker
    Now, this is going waaaay back, even for me, but check him out. There are posts about little girls going DIHL? Every time I saw this guy on tv it would send me straight into outer space.

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/clintwalker.html

Also, for a kinder/gentler Alpha
    http://video.go.com/kateandleopold/cast.html
    and you might find the reading interesting

I like your examples - Tom Cruise is classic - did you see \"Magnolia\"? lol
    resPECT the ... never mind ...

**DONOTDELETE**

hey, if you want the ultimate example of an alpha male...watch the movie \"high plains drifter\" with clint eastwood...i mean, from the minute he rides into town..its like he just applied massive PI or RM....the reactions and his attitude are what everyone on this post would term \"super alpha\"...yes, steve mcqueen would be one too... funny, not too many alpha males these days, guess its not politically correct...but clint eastwood in high plains drifter,...perfect example, also, pay attention to how he treats the women in that movie..you will see why he is so successful with them..also, you will see examples of all the beta males as well,...who get the leftovers after the alpha

**DONOTDELETE**

martin luther king jr huh?...You just listed a bunch of characters that starred in violent movies and then decided to add martin luther king jr?......A hero of the civil rights movement yes....sex symbol ...i dont know...maybe in his private life that hasnt been fully revealed.....Hmm......

I have the tape of Magnolia. Magnificent film.

Mickey Rourke - 9 1/2 Weeks.

**DONOTDELETE**

Clint Eastwood in Bridges of Madison County. ARG! Don\'t flame me, I know is such a chick flick and I find some of it smarmy too, but still I maintain...Clint Eastwood in Bridges.

**DONOTDELETE**

Mickey Rourke, ohmygod yeah
    but he took her too far too fast and ruined it
    great while it lasted, though

(you can leave your hat on)

Enlightened One

Woody allen he he well maybe not an alpha dominant male oh well back to the drawing board oh wait. ME lol

**DONOTDELETE**

re: MLK
    I don\'t know, cory...if a man can inspire people to face police dogs and fire hoses, he must have some kind of leadership qualities, wouldn\'t you say? If I could get people to follow me and my vision into a place where cops were going to beat us senseless and think it was a good thing, I\'d consider myself pretty alpha...

**DONOTDELETE**

Response to MLKjr.

An alpha-dominant male lives by his own code of ethics regardelss of what others think. He is fearless, decisive and looked at as a \"natural leader.\" He is not necessarily a sex symbol or some sort of action hero, he is someone who has an aura that eminates power and respect. It is only natural that women want to sleep with a man like this over a beta-male. However, an alpha-male does not HAVE to be a sex symbol.

**DONOTDELETE**

Woody Allen has a reputation for being a great kisser, actually.

Default More on MLK and the Lion\'s Share

King was very active in enjoying his leadership qualities with women. He was quite the horn dog. J. Edgar Hoover, the fag, got his rocks off taping King\'s escapades.

I think it is important to note that a man does not have to be the top of the food chain to be an alpha male. Tom Cruise was just a first louie in Top Gun, not Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. A confident man with a secure place in the dominent male hierarchy can be very successful with women; just to have made the team counts.

In some cultures, the very top dog got the lion\'s share of the women. A sultan in some of the Arabic countries might have up to 10% of the country\'s fertile females in his harem for his exclusive use. Western societies tend to \"spread the weath\" much more and, in highly mongamous, egalitarian cultures, come close to 1 for 1. Our society is changing; we\'ve moved more towards the \"winner take all\" plan in business and in sex. Look at professional sports; the salaries in the Majors is super while minor league players are at poverty level. For unmarrieds, maybe 20% of the guys get 80% of the sex - that\'s probably high but who knows?

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: More on MLK and the Lion\'s Share

That\'s \'cause the married men are picking up the other 20. lol

Enlightened One

Thats why society has prostitutes who give the other 80% of the men 200% of the sex , but they get paid and get rich for the privalage. Lol thats the balancing act.

**DONOTDELETE**

\"King was very active in enjoying his leadership qualities with women. He was quite the horn dog.\"

Hey, your pretty funny. Jay Leno has nothing on you.

**DONOTDELETE**

hes probably refering to some controversial studies on MLK jr\'s sexual affairs...But anyway..
    lets not forget where the term alpha male came from. Its usually used to describe dominant males in certain animal species. I dont believe a single one of these alpha males were ever pacifists or applied passive resistance to those who were also competing for the same position. Heres a humorous spin on the subject.
    http://www.modernhumorist.com/mh/0006/alpha/index.cfm
    We find very few individuals like this in modern history but philosophers like Nietzsche would probably apply the term overman in human examples. Although he doesnt believe such men may have ever existed \"He was convinced that traditional values represented a “slave morality,” a morality created by weak and resentful individuals who encouraged such behavior as gentleness and kindness because the behavior served their interests\".
    http://www.ifrance.com/art-and-folys/friedrich_nietzsche.htm?
    This statement is in no way encouraging people to go and pursue personal benefits whatever the cost but you can kind of see where all of this alpha thing is heading....

**DONOTDELETE**

Read Ayn Rand.That should give you something to gnaw on for awhile. :-)

**DONOTDELETE**

i call those people fundamentalist capitalists......If everyone pursued their interests above all others in society without the aid of charity and state assistance the world will be a better place because of market competition. A la Adam Smith. Also spoken very well by a character in a the novel crime and punishment by russian lawyer name Luzhin.....

**DONOTDELETE**

I was just watching \"A Beautiful Mind\" the other night -- have you seen that? I thought it was good ... Mr. Nash came up with the idea that the one who wins is the one who serves himself AND the greater good. Social darwinism I think has been somewhat discredited as a fallacy. However my reading on the subject is only surface.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hmm...I see how people might view market competition as social darwinism the difference is that it isnt centered around race...its more about productivity...supply and demand....We sometimes find that there seems to be a correlation between economic positions and ethnic backgrounds...but it doesnt have to be..

..im not a market fundamentalist....but they would say that serving yourself is the greater good....Adam smith had a great qoute....\"It was not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest\" The wealth of nations 22...5th edition 1789....Now...wealthy men can still devote millions of dollars to charity annually...as long as they accumulate 100s of millions of dollars a year......The theory is that most people devote most of their time and wealth to themselves (not excluding myself) and the small change leftover is for those less fortunate. Kind of like how nbc uses some of its airtime to show public service announcements while the rest of the time they are promoting goods and services for their advertisers....

Enlightened One

Lol 20% public service announcements. 80% promoting useless products. Phero forum input, we get 80% improvement to our life situations 20% effort back in to try and get ourselves 80% improvements by helping the companies making large profits produce better products so we can benefit moreso. And the cycle continues.

www.ebetonline.com.au - This company on the Australian Stock exchange is a good buy also, very undervalued and has had good news today. With the current selling environment is a very good buy. I will also add ecorp to that also. Codes are EBT and ECP.

**DONOTDELETE**

Huh. Interesting.

**DONOTDELETE**

whitehall, i would have to take issue with you on MLK, whether he was an alpha male or not, he was a communist subversive who was very immoral and from what ive heard has delved into queer activities himself, in addition to frequenting white prostitutes, and a host of other activities...j edgar hoover may have been a fag, ( which is just as debateble as the dirt on king ) but he ran the FBI with an iron fist when the organization was actually effective against internal and foreign enemies instead of the politically correct impotent bungling organization we have today.. just a footnote

Enlightened One

I will come up with an alpha male.

25 years dead the king - ELVIS PRESLEY

Now he was rumoured to have confessed to have sex with over 4000 women that man was it. Sorry he was dead before i was born but the theroy seems tofit. Now there was someone that was effective in business in music in life. And today he is more than a footnote he is still making number 1 hits around the world 25 years on from his death.

I think the song is also applicable to this forum - a new phero song. A little less conversation a little more action -- Lol :P

www.ebetonline.com.au

General Norman Schwarzkopf (sp?)

Both King\'s and Hoover\'s sexual proclivitities seem to be well documented by professional historians and biographers and can be asserted as historical fact. I don\'t begrudge either except when the personal spills over into public proformances.

Having moved to the Deep South as a child in the mid-50\'s and attended segregrated public schools, I can state from personal experience that the world is a better place because of ML King. - not a perfect place, just better. I really can\'t find a case where Communism tainted his public cause, except as political name calling.

Hoover\'s position in history is more complex. Someone said that the easiest way to make a man a bully is to put a badge on him -that sure fits Hoover. He did build an efficient federal police force but one that would only tackle problems that would benefit Hoover\'s political career. He long ignored organized crime, for example, and denied that it existed. On the whole, the FBI (during Hoover\'s tenure) retarded political evolution and interferred with legitimate political discussions in this country. Hoover was anti-democracy.

The performance and roles of today\'s FBI is a big debate beyond our focus here.

**DONOTDELETE**

very good points, you seem very knowledgable on the subject, and i appreciate your point of view...you sound like you grew up durign that time so you would certainly know better than i, but i always thought hoover got his start fighting the mafia..but i could be wrong

**DONOTDELETE**

Mel Gibson is pure alpha in most movies -- Braveheart, The Patriot (not seen this one but I bet he\'s alpha, lol) and in his last movie, We Were Soldiers. I called him the Testosterone Thespian in my movie reviews :-)

**DONOTDELETE**

Mel Gibson has Mars in Scorpio and Venus in the 8th house.

**DONOTDELETE**

Since you seem to be into astrology.. how does this sound to you:

Sun 16 Cap 17 Pluto 14 Vir 06
    Moon 26 Lib 13 N. Node 11 Can 00
    Mercury 9 Cap 23 Asc. 24 Sag 01
    Venus 18 Aqu 15 MC 11 Lib 20
    Mars 25 Cap 33 2nd cusp 28 Cap 34
    Jupiter 11 Ari 23 3rd cusp 6 Pis 36
    Saturn 21 Aqu 06 5th cusp 9 Tau 26
    Uranus 9 Vir 50 6th cusp 2 Gem 37
    Neptune 17 Sco 21