Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Love to see a premixed JB#1

visit-red-300x50PNG
    okay all, i have a major ass question...i have used JB#1 with kick ass results, problem is that one day i wear it adn get massive hits, next day people seem like they dont respond, may be od\'ing trying to get ratios right with the apc/npa...thats one good thing i like bout PI, its easy to apply and you know the exact ratio to apply....i wish someone out there would come out with a premixed JB#1 in a ratio of say 1:4 npa/apc..that would be very convienent...but since we are dealing with two differnt companies, prolly never happen ..oh bye the way, i found a great substitute for APc in the combo, its egyptian musk...hell of a lot cheaper and smells good too..think Jambat once mentioned using egyptian musk..does anyone else know of a good substitute for apc instead of cool water?

Default Precision?

What is, exactly, \"Egyptian Musk\"? From my researches on musk, all musk scents in most of the world are one of three types of synthetic chemicals. Anyone can call their blend \"Egyptian\" or \"Siberian\" or \"Icelandic\" or \"Super Primal\" and get away with it.

Really wish we could get a source for the real stuff.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Precision?

beats the hell out of me what egyptian musk is...is just a nicer smelling musk you can get in rare earth new age type stores...i guess any musk would work jsut as well...im trying cool water and npa to see if that works next, it seems the egyptian musk is as good as any to carry the npa mones...

My point is that I can\'t go into any store, buy Egyptian musk and be sure of getting the same thing as you have. If you\'re happy with what you got, fine. I\'m still searching for a high quality musk myself.

There is a very nice musk called Krishna Musk made by the R.Expo folks. It should be available in import shops around the country.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

It is super-duper hard to find real musk, especially deer musk. Civet and goat musk is easier, but still very difficult for a layperson without connections. Possibly the most expensive French perfumes or colognes have some in them. Start searching now. Maybe you\'ll find some in a year. Most things sold as musk are just cheap, simple chemicals. The musk component in SOE isn\'t bad for a synthetic, as at least it\'s complex. All I can say is, with cologne, it is worth it to go for the absolute top of the line luxury French or Italian Perfumes. The difference in cost is irrelevant compared to how much use you\'ll get out of it.

I have had some Indian import store owners tell me that their amber musk chunks contained real musk. I tended to believe them, from the smell. However, I didn\'t like the overall scent.

Ambrette seed essential oil is a decent natural musk substitute, but pricey. It can be diluted, however, as it\'s strong.

Good luck.

DrSmellThis,

Again, you are just full of useful information! Thanks for the tips re musk.

Thread Information