Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Default Kenzo Field Report

visit-red-300x50PNG
    So that\'s what Kenzo smells like! (Just got my package from Hong Kong.) Frenchie mentioned bamboo but I wouldn\'t be able to recognize that scent if it hit me on the head. It does smell \"quiet\" and serene. Frenchie raved about this stuff and it is good and certainly different from anything I\'ve tried before. I tend to musk and vetiver. Eau Sauvage is stronger, more attention-getting, and more stimulating with its citrus top note.

Now the question is, why do Japanese companies selling cologne to Americans insist on using French in the product names?

I used the Kenzo this morning and added a couple of dabs of NPA and they seem compatiable. The Kenzo is still apparent after three hours. The Kenzo does not \"cover\" the -none but they do seem to mix well together. I would have to defer to the judgment of others on whether they are \"good\" together but they work together well enough for me.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Kenzo Field Report

A few more colognes that I found compatible with NPA, Attraction & PI/m are Pleasures/m, Agua di Gio, 273/m and 360/m if you can still find them. They cover the not so pleasant scents of the un-scented pheros.

Phero Pro

Is Polo very popular among you women? I like how it smells on me, but of course, I\'m not the target audience...

**DONOTDELETE**

I like Polo and I also like Pleasures for men very much.

**DONOTDELETE**

Not sure about Polo but Polo Sport smells good to me...

**DONOTDELETE**

Givenchy and Versace make some of the best fragrances that I\'ve been around. In the past year I\'ve also picked up Mont Blanc\'s new fragrance (deep woodsy/musky smell but not overly strong so probably a good covering scent.. but a bit pricey too unfortunately)

ifrWizard
    \"flying in the soup\"

I was going to mention Polo because it brings back steamy memories from ....way back when....but now I like a lot of the newer lighter fragrances on men. Too bad I don\'t know the names of the colognes. But they are definitely not on the \"sweet\" (cloying) side, I don\'t like sweet fragrances on most people, especially on men. I like a clean, showery smell, with maybe some hints of spiciness.

Aaron, I have always liked Chanel fragrances, maybe I should hit a department store and just smell my way around the men\'s fragrance department....

I definitely think one\'s body chemistry has a lot to do with scents though, it\'s true for me.

edit: woodsy, mossy, yes those are good...sorry I am not a conisseur (sp) I will now have an excuse to go shopping (!) and go smell some colognes, will report back ASAP!!! (probably not tonight,stores are closed)

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'ve mentioned Gaultier\'s Le Male - but, one spray, two at the most. It\'s very concentrated but it dries down to something that smells really sexy to me ...

**DONOTDELETE**

Liz Taylor\'s Passion/m is one of my all time favorites! Not in major production now, but still out there in some places.

**DONOTDELETE**

FTR:

When I wear \"Le Male\" 98% of the times while wearing it, I always get compliments from women. I agree with using 1-2 sprays of it, it does get pretty strong, however it does last long which is good.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Le Male

A friend bought Le Male recently on my recommendation and I asked him how he liked it. He said he liked it fine, and commented that after it dries down, it smells like .... are you ready? ... BABY POWDER!!

lol

Phero Enthusiast

Default Re: Colognes that women love

If you like Higher, try Image by Cerutti. A little more complex and spicy, but very pleasing top notes. Light enough for daywear, and a nice alternative to Higher so you don\'t burn out. I think they both contain pear notes...

**DONOTDELETE**

Irish, sounds like you have good taste. What\'s your favorite cologne for women?

LeMale: Started out smelling (and tasting) like baby powder. Dried down nicely. By the next morning, all that was left was the musk. Very musk. Interesting.

Over the weekend I will make a LeMale-favored body spray.

Phero Enthusiast

FTRH - Girlfriend wears Ferre 20, which isn\'t the best for her but is ok. She also likes Cool Water for women, which suits her well.

I prefer women to wear light fresh clean (florals, citrus, or fruit) fragrances of any kind, which is the type I usually prefer for myself unless it\'s a dress-up affair. The heavy musk, or too-rich/sweet orientals just don\'t appeal to me, although I know it\'s a matter of personal taste. My only advice is to use moderation if the perfume is very rich or musky. Any quality perfume is fine, even if not my favorite, as long as it is not applied to heavily.

I read that they have conducted tests that showed people tend to choose fragrances that complement and accentuate their own natural scent. We can learn something about our own scent signature by the colognes we choose...

**DONOTDELETE**

We have similar noses. I like bright greens and citrus, a little floral is fine thrown in, but as soon as it heads much toward bass notes I feel like I can\'t breathe and if its too sweet it makes my head ache

So, you don\'t care, as long as it\'s not spicy.

Default Another Kenzo Field Report

So tried on Kenzo and some AE and sat down for some coffee in a little shop on Haight Street in San Francisco and, wouldn\'t you know it?, I found myself in a deep and flattering conversation with three French lesbians! They wouldn\'t let me alone! But when they started to extoll the pleasures of strap-ons, I beat feet.

I\'m going to have to be more careful following Frenchie\'s advice!

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Another Kenzo Field Report

Waaa-hahahahahahahaha

Phero Enthusiast

Yep - for my own wear I really gravitate toward simple-fresh scents without too much richness or complexity. And I like a strong, dominant, pleasing note or two that define the scent clearly for me. Vague scents leave me struggling to pin them down - more work than pleasure. And when its overly spicy or rich it just overloads my nose instead of lightly uplifting my mood. On women I like the same sort of scents with even a lighter touch.

Cerruti Image for men is a personal favorite of mine because it keeps its spicy complexity under control and balances it with super-pleasant light topnotes. Higher does the same thing with even less complexity in the scent. Givenchy Pour Homme just flat smells good - if you like it, it would make a good gift for your boyfriend, especially for evening wear.

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'ll have to keep that for my imaginary lovers. My real life SOE is completely scent adverse, what a pity - but I love his natural smell so it\'s all good.

Phero Pro

Sorry dude . . . LOL. . . this is so funny that . . . LOL . . . that I fell backward outta my chair and kept on rolling with laughter for a few mins. I\'ll just have to file that combo under \"Do not use unless you want to attract french lesbians!\" LOL [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

OK, I admit, it was a spoof; but sometimes I just can\'t resist. Glad you enjoyed it.

Phero Pro

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Whitehall, You should post that in Frenchies \"lesbian hits\" thread over on the Womens Forum.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Men\'s colognes

I smelled about 10 today at Hecht\'s. I liked Obsession for men and Tommy Hilfiger. for what it\'s worth...

Phero Dude

Default a caution about Le Male..

On a cologne-related mailing list I\'m on, one of the (gay) folks wrote that Le Male is to today\'s gay male generation what Obsession is to yesterday\'s...

I dig on the sweet orientals. I love Escada, A*Men, Animale Animale, Casran, Lempicka, and Yohji Homme, but for some reason, I simply can\'t stand Le Male. That or Boucheron Jaipur, for that matter. They both seem to be cut from the same cloth, and while they\'re both well put together, I can\'t stand either of them.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: a caution about Le Male..

Am I the only person who can\'t stand \'Cool Water\'?

**DONOTDELETE**

Joop makes me hurl.

**DONOTDELETE**

Joops a big fave of mine. It\'s definately a love it or hate it scent though. I often get compliments on it.

Phero Dude

I know what you mean about a \"love it or hate it\" cologne.. I love A*Men, and that has an even wider divide between those who like it and those who don\'t. The best advice for scents like that is to take it easy with them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread Information