Close

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Default Please participate in the Hit Poll!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    This is a poll designed to obtain free scientific data for the benefit of us all! Hit poll 1 is relevant for <font color=purple>men seeking to attract women</font color=purple>.

Instructions:
    Please participate only if you are male and have tried <font color=red>three or more</font color=red> different pheromone mixes. How many products, or what scents you have used and mixed does not matter here. Participate only once in this poll, as multple votes contaminate the data. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Please select the <font color=red>one</font color=red> option below that <font color=red>most closely</font color=red> matches the mix that has gotten you the most <font color=purple>powerful romantic and sexual attention</font color=purple> from women. Be honest with yourself about what has worked so far. Try not to let what you <font color=green>wanted</font color=green> to work influence your choice. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thank you for helping to advance pheromone science!

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php\"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=\"pollname\" VALUE=\"1027853703DrSmellThis\">

Hit Poll 1
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"1\">all -none
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"2\">4 -none: 1 -rone
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"3\">6 -none: 3 -nol: 1 -rone
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"4\">4 -none: 3 -nol: 2 -rone
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"5\">1 -none: 1 -nol
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"6\">4 -nol: 3 -none: 2 -rone
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"7\">6 -nol: 3 -rone: 1 -rone
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"8\">4 -nol: 1 -rone
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"9\">all -nol
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE=\"Submit vote\" class=\"buttons\"></form>

I will keep all individual responses confidential. Your vote indicates consent to participate.

Default Re: Please participate in the Hit Poll!

Poll Help:

*Please read the instructions carefully.

*Please do not look at poll results before choosing, as this also would contaminate results.

*You may find abductor\'s wonderful pheromone mix calculator very helpful to you in completing the poll accurately. Check it out.

http://www.geocities.com/orbital_5/

*The numbers in the poll refer not to drops, but to ratios that compare the number of parts of one pheromone to another. So if the best hits have been from AE, for example, you would pick the third option down, based on AE\'s contents of 4 parts -none to 3 parts -nol to two parts -rone. For the purposes of this poll, so called \"mystery ingredients\" have to be ignored. So NFA and Edge should be considered \"all -none\" mixes, as should \"JB1\". Sometimes science has to make compromises.

I am not going to post any more help information, as the votes have just begun. I\'d be happy to respond to personal e-mails about the poll, however. Please, guys and gals, do not post replies that might somehow influence people\'s poll choices! Thanks.

All the best,

I\'m going with my AE experiences, definitely hits from left to right. Even had sex with a woman I met for the first time when I was wearing AE and believe me this woman was hot. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for participating, jose, and congrats on the great hits.

However, this is exactly the kind of response I don\'t want in this thread, as it could possibly influence people\'s choices and distort results. It\'s kind of like the laws prohibiting campaigning within a certain distance from voting booths during voting. I\'d love for this study to be as valid as possible.

I\'d be very happy to see this kind of post in the hit squad thread, and otherwise it was a very nice post.

Sorry Drsmellthis, didn\'t know my experience would change anyone\'s choice. This is a story I\'ve discussed before on the old boards (seems like years ago) with my \"Pheromone and sex\" topic that Bruce and the older board members have read before.

Do What Now?

No problem, jose. Your intentions were no doubt to make a positive contribution to the thread.

Perhaps I should explain the threat to the study\'s validity further. I am a professionally trained researcher, and am trying to be as scientific as I can with the design of this poll. Folks participating in the poll are very unlikely to read an old or archived post favoring a particular mix right before voting time, such that their voting would be uniquely affected by this reading.

However, folks are fairly likely to read a post in this thread favoring a particular mix. And likely before voting, as the last posts in a thread are typically read first.

If they read it before voting they might copy the poster\'s preference in making their choice. Even if nobody\'s voting turned out to be influenced by the post, which would seems unlikely in that case, we would have no way of knowing this.

Someone could criticize the validity of this study based on that possibility. They could say that all we\'ve really measured was how much people are vulnerable to suggestability; especially if poll results turn out to favor mixes advocated in this same thread.

Debut bump....

Banned User

Doc,
    The seventh option in the poll is not right:

6-Nol, 3-Rone, 1-Rone,

I think that has to be:

6-Nol, 3-None, 1-Rone

Franki [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

upsidedown

Just a suggestion for your poll.....but the topic of copulins has come up quite a bit lately. It may be that people haven\'t used them enough lately to have a real solid base of experience to draw on. However, I wonder if somehow the addition of copulins in the mixes could, or should, be factored in as part of the poll?

Enlightened One

You forgot couplin mixes.

I very much appreciate the feedback.

Oh darn! I proofread it so many times [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Franki, you are right! The seventh option should read \"6 -nol: 3 -none: 1 -rone.\" Please, please e-mail me if you participated and believe this mistake influenced your choice in any way. Thanks in advance. As it is impossible to edit polls here, I have asked Bruce whether he could help me fix it.

Yes, guys, I agree copulin mixes are important. So are A1 mixes. That is why I called it \"Hit poll <font color=blue>1</font color=blue>\". If this one is successful I will use the results to help me carefully construct another poll that includes both copulins and A1.

For the first poll, I wanted to sort of isolate one effect at a time (in this case the -none to -nol dimension). And currently, statistical (\"n\" per cell) and \"instrument effect\" (intelligibility, etc.) factors (for those into research methodology) led me to do one this way first. There are several other reasons. IMO, there aren\'t enough people yet with enough copulin experience, the copulin products are now changing radically (a poll now might not be a fair test of their effectiveness, judging from what Bruce says about the current copulin products; also there is an unscented version of PCC now available. I wouldn\'t want to wonder whether the \"unfavorable (to many) girly scent\" of the PCC currently in Hitsquad use had a strong effect on results), and there seems to be an immediate need to resolve some standing issues about the basic, proven pheromones. I also didn\'t want to wait; and finally, I saw some value in the inherent logic of the first set of choices, as it impacts the visual interpretation (left to right meaning) of the results graph.

You guys are right to bring up these important issues.

Science typically moves in steps. I wanted as much as feasible to do it right from a scientific standpoint, but there may have been a better way.

upsidedown

Bump --

I\'m anxious to see the results when we get a lot more responses.

Phero Enthusiast

yup me too!!!

Phero Pro

What about Adam ? errr A1 ???? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Is this poll representative not giving some basic information on the individual poller (type/age/looks) and the target ? We don\'t have even exact informations about the agerange of the forum members.

upsidedown

I think in future polls it might also be beneficial to have separate ones for the age of the women. For instance, I\'ve used different products and mixes, and have had different results from younger vs older women. I\'ve had hits from both groups, but using different mixes.

Good point, upside. I\'ll definitely take that into consideration for my next poll.

As regards Andy\'s comment/Q,
    1. Who is Adam?
    2. Good question. Very little research is conducted on samples representative of the general population, except by Gallup and such organizations. And in fact, it doesn\'t matter. What does matter is the conclusions we draw from the research. Scientific validity depends on researchers making conclusions only about the population sampled from, keeping in mind how subjects were selected to participate (randomly or by some other method.). I intend to keep this in mind when discussing results. Scientists typically run different studies on different relevant samples of people. In this case, it is difficult to get a big enough sample of pheromone users from too many different demographic groups. Perhaps we can run one on over 30 vs. under for both wearer/target at some point, but it seems better to start with the basics and then get more specific. Also, this proposed study would take approx. twice as long to get enough subjects to draw conclusions from.

Phero Pro

What a About Adam is a scent made by Joop ... I meant A1. I\'d agree, that it\'s usually best to catch the whole bunch first and seperate it later, but is it really helpfull in this special case. It looks like there are fine lines that seperate the pherousers (hmmmm ... I just looked at the word and thought arousers would be a good scene name for us [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) I\'d say type/age/looks and the target\'s specific conditions are quite essential for every work we are planning to do.

Example :
    A alpha 17yo soso looking guy might find SOE to be quite usefull, on the other side a nonalpha/shy 25 yo good looking guy might have the best hits with Pi/RM ... It\'s like you\'d let a feather and a stone fall down from a buildung of unknown hight, you might calculate with both times the objects need to reach the ground seperately, but adding them together will bring you nowhere. (Ok this wasn\'t that good ... but you know what I mean.

I am happy to see somebody tries to work with anything though [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

upsidedown

I agree that just any kind of basic survy is going to be invaluable. I\'ve already seen some interesting things in the results. However, I am a bit surprised that so few people have participated so far. I guess by this we can assume that only a handful of people are real active participants on this board.

I purposely want to weed out pherorookies, bless them, until they get more experience -- hence the smaller numbers.

I believe it is useful to know what works on the average, as then you can compare that with more specific results. The only way to know whether \"adding them together brings you nowhere\" is to conducts a series of studies as we are here. I think there is a lot of unsupported prejudice here about what works with whom, anyway, so I will have to figure out a way to work with Bruce\'s poll tool and the poll design to minimize the effect of unsupported presuppositions on the results of such a study. Maybe we can download a more sophisticated version of the tool that can record more kinds of data. A badly conceived poll can do more harm than good to our knowledge base. The one I put together is not without problems, to be sure. More later on this.

The most fruitful ideas for studies come from previous studies, so it\'s all good. As a general rule, no one study answers a research question.

Phero Pro

I am still not sure whether there is something like the average user, but It looks like you know what you want to reap out of this ..... voting ... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I hope all of us, including Andy and folks in the business, can reap something or someone. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I\'d love to meet some more sweeties who are horny for some SmellThis. It\'s also totally interesting to me from a psychological standpoint.

Regarding the \"average person,\" behavior research -- except for rare case studies -- is based on averages across people. It\'s value could not depend on there being some fictitious person that measures in the middle on everything. If I learn something that only applies to significant degree, to a big chunk of the people, most of the time; I\'ve still learned something.

Default Problems with Interpretation this poll

There are always problems trying to make polls scientific, so you can interpret them the way you want to:

1. Right now the biggest problem (confounding variable, or threat to validity) I see for this poll is my not having controlled for product popularity differences. Some of you research types may have noticed. But not to worry, there are ways to control for that variable. One more poll, and perhaps a chat with Bruce, might be all that is required to fix it.

2. The other big problem, a statistical problem, could be a small subject pool. At least thirty subjects is sometimes used as a rule of thumb in psychology when nothing else is known, but with nine distinct scales, and each subject only picking one, we would need 9 x 30 = 270 subjects to get the same trustworthiness of results as 30 subjects with one measure. So we need way more participants as of today to get numbers we can trust.

Default Re: Problems with Interpretation this poll

We need more of you to take our poll!

(bump...)

Erm another problem, a lot of people would have bought well know products like TE or NPA, or used popular mixes like JB#1, for simple ease of use. I think you covered it recently, but the products that people use the most will be the ones with most hits (yes, because it might be an effective product, but also because it can be worn a lot, because it is cheap/has been proven by other users). Also, most products are all -none.

Maybe a poll on mixes only would be more effective, sinse we all know that -none is very effective on its own.

upsidedown

bump

Enlightened One

Im going to start my own polls to gather some much needed information the first will be on who has used PCC or other ocuplins as far as guys and also if they were found to be effective. But ive viewed the results and they seem to be fairly generalized and expected.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, Capt. Kipling, I covered that in the post two posts above yours. It is of course a significant problem, and we are wise to stay aware of it. NO study answers all questions in one shot, so I am getting together a follow up to address that issue, as is normal. There are always confounding variables, as they say. The important thing is to take them into consideration. And I take nothing for granted about the effectiveness of -none alone. That is a question for research to decide, not anecdotes. Other pheromone combinations, too have their correlates in popular products. (e.g, AE) So restricting it to mixes unfortunately would not solve this problem.

Phero Enthusiast

I like the poll. Keep it up. But i also have a suggestion can you also specify maybe next time the race of the target. I am an asian and would like to know the effectivity of pheros on asian targets.

I personally find the results interesting and I could not have predicted them, although I have read the archived posts. More later. I\'m glad others are doing polls too.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information