Close

Phero Enthusiast

Default PI odour problem

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I\'ve had a bottle of the scented PI(m) for a few months now, and, to tell the truth have been loathe to use it.
    The problem is that it stinks to high heaven. I\'m not referring to the odour of the -none content, but the putrid, rancid smell of the ylang ylang itself.
    My error for buying it in the first place.
    I\'ve only used the stuff once....a dab on my finger spread behind each ear. It did get me looks...and a few mentions of the \"What the f*ck ARE you wearing?????\" from people I know.
    I can\'t smell -none anyway, either in NPA, TE so I must be smelling the ylang ylang.
    I\'ve tried masking the smell with Allure, Issey, Egoiste, Drakkar, Cerutti Image (all too light), which were ineffective, and a few heavier ones Borsalino, Tempore Uomo, Azzaro, which are great by themselves but in combo with the ylang scent smell like a tart\'s handkerchief.

The only heavy hitter I can think of that\'ll do the job is Opium Eau de Parfum for Men....but this stuff is so heavy and nauseating I don\'t even consider it by itself.

Suggestions please. I have a full bottle of this stuff and daren\'t use it unless I somehow mask the ylang odour.

Phero Pro

Default Re: PI odour problem

Ylang Ylang is nasty to cover. I used to mess around a lot with aetheric oils and I only used Ylang Ylang 2 times in one of these oil lamps. I still can\'t get the scent out of my head, not even after 10 - 12 years. You might try other sweet perfumes or really heavy colognes like Envy (maybe too light), Joop or Casran. But I think you\'ll need to use so much, that your targets might start to hate the cologne cloud around you.

Phero Enthusiast

\"nasty\" is an understatement....smells more like cat\'s piss tham cat\'s piss [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Joop and Casran.....can\'t even stand the smell of those myself. Envy EDT is just about acceptable, but I think I\'m just going to have to buy the unscented PI(m).

Anyone out there want my scented PI?

aaron,
    Are you talking about a small dab off the spout of the PI bottle? That doesn’t seem like a difficult amount to cover.
    I like Yakshi Ylang Ylang. A cheep essential oil blend that sweetens the ylang-ylang in PI. (Not that it smells good. It’s kind of a soapy smell.)

Anyway. The ylang ylang smell is a minor issue because the None smell overpowers it after about an hour.

Sounds like you should skip PI altogether.

Phero Pro

I don\'t think Ylang Ylang smells like catpee, it\'s usually just \"flowerly\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] like hell.

Thread Information