Close

Thread: AE + APC Mix?

upsidedown

Default AE + APC Mix?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I was reading thgough some of the archives and found that some people reporting mixing AE with APC to give it a little better cover scent. However, I haven\'t found anything yet on the ratio that they used.

So....does anybody mix AE and APC, and if so, what mixture ratio do you find works best? And, do you find that it works better as a mixture with APC....does it work not quite as well...or no real difference, but with just a different scent? I\'m quite happy with AE by itself, but like everybody on here, I\'m always looking for anything that people find works a little better.

Thanks in advance for any input from anybody.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Default Re: AE + APC Mix?

My instinct is that a possible shortcoming of AE (which is one of my favorites) is maybe a bit more -rone than necessary for most (compare, for ex., to SOE). So anything you do that adds either more -ol and/or more -none has a potential for making it mo\' better. APC counts, so does SOE. My personal favorite now is to mix sandalwood edge, cause you accomplish more things with the extra ingredients.

Default 2:1

I agree with DrSmellThis. Anything that cuts the -rone will probably be good.
    I\'ve had lots of success with two parts APC and one part AE.

upsidedown

Default Re: 2:1

Thanks for the input. However, it looks to me that AE and SOE have the same -rone content, .1 mg/ml.

I\'ll probably test out the APC/AE mix. I am kind of hopeful that the AE will work for me by itself because I\'m really atrracted to AE\'s very slight, if non-detectible, scent. I prefer to use a stelth approach on my scent.

I\'ve yet to experience any negative reactions to AE or -rone. But, I\'m still in testing stages. But, if the goal is tu cut back on -rone content...I\'m wondering if anybody has tried mixing AE with RM? It seems it would be a good mix...but I haven\'t tried it yet. They are both Stone Labs products...but the RM would give the AE quite a bit more -none, and it has a really nice scent on it\'s own. I can\'t see the AE messing up the RM scent at all. I may give this one a try....say AE:RM 3:1.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Nice creativity! Your own ideas will probably (eventually) work better than copying others\' exactly.(not that we can\'t learn from others\' ideas too -- no offense to jambat, DD, etc.)

BTW, SOE is 4:1 nol to rone, whereas AE is almost 1:1 straight across, but a bit less rone than nol. That\'s very different than SOE. Ratios are meaningful independent of quantities of each thing, though quantities are important too.

AE is actually 4:3:2, none:nol:rone.

That said, there has been a fair bit of discussion here as to the importance of concentration vs content. I seem to get a very different result applying .030 mg of none at .5 mg/ml vs applying that same .030 mg at .05 mg/ml. It probably has to do with spread; but it seems to make more of a difference than just spread should account for.

upsidedown

BassMan,

You say you get different results applying the same dosage but at different concentrations. So, can you give us a ballpark idea of what your different observations are? I\'m guessing that you\'re going to say that you\'ve had better results with the concentrated products.

Well, better is subjective, I guess [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

I tend to get more responses from _males_ with more concentrated products. Like, a couple dabs of PI/m behind the ears and I\'m the alpha male for the day - the guys at work are slapping me on the back and telling me about their conquests. I\'m a musician and a bit the intellectual/arty type, so that\'s a definate hit. The same sort of dose gives almost no response from females.

I have a very low dose cologne I made up that is basically P10 at 1/25 concentration, in Davidoff\'s Good Life. I used to carry it in a little 5 ml bottle. If I started in the morning with a few dabs and continued putting dabs on all day as the fragrance faded, after 8 hours or so, the effect on females was amazing. It\'s like the concept of \"personal space\" changed completely, and women were drawn much closer physically than normal. Of course, it could be me, that I was just less afraid to get close. Who knows.

I have a theory that the slow application of low dose product gives the skin time to do some sort of magic - perhaps converting the mones into multiple by-products more closely emulating a natural signature, perhaps inducing one to produce more of one\'s own pheros.

I read about some site selling body lotion with none at 1/4x (as they put it). Their \"x\" was the supposed concentration of APC - 0.05 mg/ml at the time. So I made up a spray with PI dissolved (sort of) in a body spray at 0.0125 mg/ml. Spraying that all over after showering resulted in some memorable hits, and had more than one female commenting on the excellence of my smell. Bruce spoke once about the Japanese referring to \"middle age stink.\" I think this stuff covered it [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I used quite a bit of it, at least a ml or two. So it\'s not like I was running an extremely low dose.

Dunno. There is definately a difference. Thanks for the post. It\'s been a while and you have reminded me. I am going to try some more variants, since I have almost everything Bruce sells now and can play more.

Enlightened One

Alter ego is really a darkhorse product always worked great for me however. OD is really good for acting as a repellent when i want to be left alone by the flirtatous only females.

Thread Information