Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Circumcised? Check this out...

visit-red-300x50PNG
    The following is from a website I stumbled upon. All board members should check this little clip out...it pertains to phero\'s in a way.

Benefits enjoyed by males who are intact (not circumcised)

12. Apocrine glands. These glands produce pheromones, nature’s invisible yet compelling signals to potential sexual partners. The effect of their absence on human sexual behavior has never been studied [23].

Supposedly along with the removed foreskin, the Apocrine glands are also removed...there is a bunch of other \"advantages\" listed on the site, thought this would be VERY interesting to some.

To read the whole article visit..The Foreskin Advantage

Carlos-

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Circumcised? Check this out...

Well Carlos, it looks like I\'m out of luck [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Joe

**DONOTDELETE**

Weirdly enough, being a female, I have become something of an anti-circumcision advocate. (I guess I am thinking of if I ever had a son, what I would want for him.)

From what I have read, being intact confers a lot of benefits, sexual and otherwise. And the supposed health benefits of circumcision, that made it such a trend here in the U.S. since the 50\'s, don\'t really hold up under statistical analysis.

Since I am Jewish, I foresee great conflict. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

I must admit in all honesty that I (and most other women I´ve talked to like my girlfriens etc) really don´t like uncircumcised dicks!

I don´t know why but I just don´t like the way it looks and I find it a huge turn off!
    I guess it´s just an aesthetic thing.

PS dancer, would this not only be a problem if you had a child with someone who was jewish? What about if the father was not jewish?
    CJ [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Sadhu

PS- no matter how much some people may dislike the idea of circumcision on boys, it is nowhere near as bad as the circumsion for women! It can´t even compare to that! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    CJ

**DONOTDELETE**

And now, the bad news...

\"There are biological reasons that suggest the foreskin is especially vulnerable to HIV. Initially, the fragility of tissue was suspected. The foreskin can tear and bleed during sex, providing a pathway for pathogens into the bloodstream. Circumcision proponents have long argued that the procedure reduces susceptibility to a variety of sexually transmitted diseases, particularly those that form soft sores, such as syphilis. There is ample evidence that men who have a history of STDs, particularly ulcerative forms, run a higher risk of HIV infection.

More recent research has determined that the prepuce is exceptionally rich in a specialized white blood cell that acts as a sentry for the human immune system. These blood cells, known as Langerhans cells, lodge in the fragile mucosal tissue of the inner lining of the foreskin, an environment similar to that found in the vagina, cervix or rectum. When Langerhans\' cells encounter invading microbes, they churn out a variety of chemical signals that, like a bugler\'s call, rally the bloodstream\'s various immunological warriors. But the problem is that HIV has a particular affinity for these cells. The virus can lock onto a specific receptor on their surface.

Designed to protect the tender prepuce from microbial attack, these specialized white blood cells make the foreskin the port of entry for HIV infection of males. Cultures that do not engage in the ancient practice of foreskin removal may therefore become more vulnerable, proponents say. Although the protective effect of male circumcision directly affects men, it also carries over to women, who are often infected by male partners.\"

See \"Circumcision may cut AIDS risk\"
    Salon Magazine, June 30, 2000 http://www.salon.com/

**DONOTDELETE**

CJ,

Well, my son would still be Jewish (as Jews reckon these things; Jew=child of Jewish mother, or convert to Judaism) even if his father weren\'t Jewish. So while I\'m sure I\'d get less grief from the father if he weren\'t Jewish, other Jews would still tend to express outrage if I didn\'t have my son circumcised.

**DONOTDELETE**

But it\'s kind of a moot point, since I\'m not even married, much less a mother, of a son or otherwise.

I must say I\'ve never encountered an uncircumcised penis in my travels. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sadhu

dancer, how can other people know about a childs genitals [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] do they check to see or what? Sounds really strange to me.

Okay I´m really not into relgious stuff myself - I just about manage remembering christmas and that´s only because I have to buy presents! I´d get rid off xmas too if it were up to me, it´s just about money and stuffing your face with relatives till you´re sick and listening to your family telling you what you should do with your life and that it´s time you settle dowm blah blah...okay I´m rambling!
    CJ [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Circumcision! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    About as pleasant a topic of discussion for men as [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Vasectomy [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

But,Gentlemen,take heart.If you are among the many circumsized men in the world,relax.If,in fact you\'ve been robbed of SOME of your Apocrine glands,it\'s doubtful you\'ve lost them all.

I\'m no doctor,nor do I play one on TV,but from what I\'ve read we have more Apocrine glands than those we may have lost along with our foreskins.

I\'ve read that the Apocrine glandSSSSS are located primarily in the groin and armpit areas,that they are commonly associated with hair,and,unlike the Eccrine glands (the other half of your sweat system)emit secretions which when mixed with bacteria,....smell.(And presumably attract!)

So if there\'s a doctor in the house,(and I believe there is),how about some encouraging words for those who now believe that they are Pheromonally deficient if they\'ve been circumsized? [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CJ01:
    PS- no matter how much some people may dislike the idea of circumcision on boys, it is nowhere near as bad as the circumsion for women! It can´t even compare to that! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    CJ
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It\'s still bad enough to be considered a barbaric act imposed upon a child CJ.

But because we\'ve accepted it (male circumcision) in most western societies because of religious influence (Judaism),we\'ve become desensitized.

Female circumcision is abhorred in our western societies as barbaric, but if you go those societies where it is practiced, you\'ll find that a great majority of the women in said societies are for it (The Masai of Africa for one).

Joe

**DONOTDELETE**

THere\'s no comparing male circumcision and female \"circumcision,\" Joe. In the latter case, \"circumcision\" is a whopper of a eupehemism. They don\'t just cut off a flap of skin, they cut out the clitoris and often more. The male equivalent, in terms of mutilation and removal of ability to feel sexual pleasure, would be chopping off the head of your penis.

**DONOTDELETE**

Circumcision (ooh the very word makes me eyes water) [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] is only really a big issue in North America. It\'s hardly practised in Europe and the UK where I grew up. If you were snipped in the UK you were either Jewish or had weird parents. Then when I came to live in North America it was completely different as most blokes were snipped. And most girls I went out with had never seen an intact pecker, and some still believed all those myths about foreskins being unhygenic and unhealthy.

I\'d like to meet the dude who thought Circumcision up in the first place. Must have been a bit of a psycho [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dancer:
    THere\'s no comparing male circumcision and female \"circumcision,\" Joe. In the latter case, \"circumcision\" is a whopper of a eupehemism. They don\'t just cut off a flap of skin, they cut out the clitoris and often more. The male equivalent, in terms of mutilation and removal of ability to feel sexual pleasure, would be chopping off the head of your penis.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh there is no question about it, female \'circumcision\' is far worse than male circumcision as to the degree of the mutilation CJ. Female \'circumcision\' is a barbaric act imposed upon infant and young girls and should banish from the face of the
    Earth.

But you can not condone one form of involuntary sexual mutilation for one gender, because the mutilated penis turns you on, and expect to be taken seriously about another form of involuntary sexual mutilation just because it is more severe.

And furthermore CJ, while the incidence of accidental infant penal mutilations from circumcision is a very small one, it is a reality for the unlucky few male babies. What would you as a mother of one of those boys tell your son was your justification for agreeing to a botched procedure that served no useful purpose?

Like Snodgrass said, here in the U.S. infant male circumcision is considered normal, but in most other places around the world it is not.

Sexual mutilation, whether it\'s directed toward boys OR girls is wrong because the mutilated have no say in the matter.

And with that I end my rant on the subject. My apologies to the forum for straying too far from the pheros.

Joe

**DONOTDELETE**

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wilde Oscar:
    [QB] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Circumcision! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    About as pleasant a topic of discussion for men as [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Vasectomy [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Hey a vasectomy is nothing compared to a trip to the dentist office for a root canal or two. I know, I\'ve had both [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Joe

**DONOTDELETE**

Actually, that was me above, not CJ, Joe. And I agree. I\'m opposed to circumcision of male infants AND female genital mutilation. Leave a guy intact until he\'s old enough to have a say-so. Then let him decide for himself whether he wants to be snipped. (I bet few would.)

Sadhu

Yeah and not only do they cut the clitoris off, they also stitch up parts of the vagina! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dancer:
    Actually, that was me above, not CJ, Joe. And I agree. I\'m opposed to circumcision of male infants AND female genital mutilation. Leave a guy intact until he\'s old enough to have a say-so. Then let him decide for himself whether he wants to be snipped. (I bet few would.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My apologies to CJ. That\'s what you get when you have an ol\' foggie like me going on a rant. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Joe

Thread Information