Close

upsidedown

Default How can I tell how strong my scent is to others?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I have been using my products for less than one week now. So far I\'ve had the best results from the SOE and nol products. Not much yet from none, although I\'ve been trying the different mixes of JB1, JBX, and RM. But, I know this is going to take some time and experimenting. So far my only noticiable reaction that I feel I can attribute to the pheromones was my first use of SOE when I think I OD\'ed. I think I OD\'d so much that the smell of the SOE was making me cough while driving in my car. Yet, this strong application seemed to get results on my first day.

Since then, I\'ve been wrestling with just how much is enough, too much, or not enough. I know this takes some experimenting as well in order to get hits and results..and I\'ve tried to follow the guidelines that people on here give as far as how many dabs they use etc.

But I\'m kind of wanting some guideance on determining just how much is too much in terms of an obvious strong smell of cologne to those around me. Up to now I\'ve never ever even worn any cologne or aftershave of any kind. So I find myself wondering just how strong my smell is to other people around me, and how far away or close they have to be to pick up anything. This would be a question I\'d ask if it were strictly cologne and no pheros. Does anybody have any rule of thumb they follow to tell themselves what\'s just right from the strength you can smell yourself?

I know this evening I put on two sprays of JBX on the sides of my neck and then went out to supper at a restaurant about an hour and a half later. I know the strength of the smell diminished after some time....but I still found myself quite often catching whiffs of myself...and it seemed I could always tell that thre was a smell there. I know this is because the spray was so close to my nose and is to be expected. But, I find myself often feeling like everybody in the building can smell me a mile away and is staring at me since I can constantly smell myself, although I know this isn\'t the case. But, rather than feeling more confident I tend to feel a bit more self-conscious like everybody is staring at me because my smell is so strong. Then again, since I\'ve had no results from any none products yet, I wonder if I haven\'t used enough. Then again, I suppose it\'s possible I used too much.

So, the two sprays of JBX I used tonight.....how strong do you think that would be to somebody...say 2 or 3 feet away from me in a restaurant? Would it have been subtle, yet still enough to let the pheros do their work? Or, would it have been rather strong to them from that distance or perhaps not strong enough for them to have smelled anything?

Again, I\'m just trying to see if there\'s any way of getting some feedback on the strength of my scent on others based on how strongly I can smell myself. I do not have a close enough friend that I feel I can go to for feedback. Also since I\'ve never used cologne in the past, I don\'t want to suddenly stick out to people as a sad middle-aged guy who\'s making an obvious effort to interest women by trying cologne...although I suppose in the end that\'s what it really is. :-) I\'m just trying to add cologne in a subtle way around people I know rather thsn in an obvious way.. For this reason, I\'ve ordered AE since I\'ve read it\'s scent is a lot more subtle than many others.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any guideance anybody can provide to help me to know just how to judge the strength of my scent to those around me.

Banned User

Default Re: How can I tell how strong my scent is to others?

Bump .....

upsidedown,

I\'m getting kind of lazy with the onset of summer, so I cut the following out of an old post I wrote:

A \"normal\" dose of pheromones shouldn\'t cause an OD effect even if the subjects face is pressed against you. That\'s the whole idea. If you\'re wearing so much that it becomes a repellant at close range, this defeats the purpose of wearing an attractant in the first place.
    The pheros will carry their effect beyond the range of a normal fragrance, and only very small quantities, as little as 30 picograms at delivery point (subject\'s VNO), are necessary to accomplish this. Neither you nor the target subject need to be able to consciously smell the mones for them to be effective.

Fragrancesupplies.com had a good quote on their site. It reads, \"Everyone has a personal scent circle which extends an arm\'s length from the body. No one should be aware of your fragrance unless he or she steps inside your circle.\" (Annette Green, President of the Fragrance Foundation,NYC)

Your phero circle will be greater than an arm\'s length even with conservative quantities applied. The stuff \"broadcasts\" naturally. You\'re better off adjusting phero quantities for close range effectiveness, rather than distance transmission. You\'d be pissed if some female came over to you from across the room to ask you what you were wearing, only to be turned off after sniffing you up close.
    Intentional ODing is for people who are willing to waste their money, and aren\'t really interested in attracting women or getting laid. Just my opinion.

While all of that may or may not be relevant to your question, here\'s something that is:

RM mixed with NPA yields a finished product whose overall A-None content is very close to that of Primal Instinct.
    RM is .5mg/mL and NPA is .48mg/mL, so no matter how you mix them you\'re going to end up with something thats nearly .5mg/mL ! Since the alcohol based products tend to run @ 40 drops to the mL, let\'s look at how much you were using.

Most atomizers tend to deliver about 3 drops per spray, so if you used two sprays you applied @ 6 drops. If there are 40drops/mL of a product whose approximate concentration is .5mg/mL, then you applied @.075 mg of A-None, or roughly FOUR TIMES the recommended .02mg dose.
    ONE SPRAY of this mix is an OD!

Even if the fragrance level wasn\'t overkill at this level, the phero dose certainly was!

At .5mg/mL it\'s hard to use RM unadulterated as a fragrance without presenting an A-None OD. Add to that the fact that the fragrance fixatives in RM latch onto the stinky components in NPA and amplify them, and you\'ve got the perfect mix for wearers and targets who are olfactorily impaired. You will get hits. You will get DIHL\'s. It\'s unlikely however that you\'ll get many quality closes.

How much fragrance or pheros you\'re sending out to women across the room is nowhere near as important as how much you\'re sending out to the woman right next to you.

Try cutting the stuff, 2 parts RM/NPA mix to 1 part ethanol, and apply one spray. The women on the far side of the restaurant won\'t be getting DIHL\'s, but then your date won\'t be passing out either. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Good Luck!
    Oscar [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

upsidedown

Thanks for the input Oscar. That really helps.

You mentioned that an atomizer contains about 3 drops to the spray. When you refer to a \"drop\" are you talking about a drop from an eyedropper, or is this \"drop\" the equivalent to turning the bottle over and putting a dab on your finger. I ask this because my inclination is to dab it on rather than spraying on....as spraying does tend to put on way too much for me.

Enlightened One

Some of us have natural phero scents which scream nice guy only

upsidedown,

The drops I\'ve used to estimate the number of drops in a milliliter of product were delivered by eyedropper.

A dab from the bottle can vary widely from product to product and even with the same product taking into account temperature and other variables. Dabs are a good way to apply though, since you can put the stuff exactly where you want it in precisely the quantity desired. A dab could be anywhere from 1/2 drop to two drops depending on the bottle aperture and product viscosity. Experimentation is the key here, as individual tastes and needs vary.

I try to gauge my NPA mixes so that when I\'ve applied the optimum amount of fragrance, I\'ll be wearing between 3/4 and 1 1/2 drops of NPA. This usually means mixing fragrance to NPA at 4:1 or 5:1.
    Unless you\'re using an extremely concentrated fragrance oil, NPA is likely to dominate the scent in any mix less than 4:1 fragrance to NPA.

It\'s my opinion that about 90% of the mixes you\'ll see posted on the forum are way too top-heavy on NPA. If you apply just enough of these mixes to have a reasonable yet effective phero dose, the fragrance is somewhere between minimal and undetectable. And if you apply enough to fill your \"scent circle\" with fragrance, you\'ll be presenting a phero OD.

My conclusions are not based on mere theory. I\'ve mixed the products together and tried them. Then I\'ve let them steep and blend and mature, then tried them again. I\'ve then, almost without exception, diluted them and gotten far better results.
    The closer she gets, the better you should smell, not the other way around. If she (or you) can actually smell the mones, then you\'re wearing too much. Less is more!

The only way I can think of to use a combination of RM and NPA to take you all the way from \"Hello!.\" to \"Do you want some breakfast?\", is to apply two small dabs of NPA totalling less than 1 drop, and covering with two slightly larger dabs of RM. This way the stink factor in NPA will have little chance to be accentuated by the fragrance components of RM.

Oscar [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

upsidedown

Thanks again Oscar.

You\'re input is greatly appreciated. This is exactly the kind of input that helps me as a newbie. It helps getting input from someone that\'s been there-done that, and has gotten results.

Thread Information