Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Question About SOE

visit-red-300x50PNG
    hey all, its been quite a while since I\'ve been here. I actually kind of stopped using phero\'s because I started worrying that my SOE was converting to -none considering I live in Texas and the summers are killer here. anyway...I\'m curious if anybody could give me some info about -nol and -rone converting to -none...like if it is even noticeable in most situations and if its something I should worry about.

I have another question...I started putting the SOE bottle in my pocket for about, I dunno, 8 hours a day, so I\'m wondering if the warmth could have converted a lot of it to -none or if it requires skin contact to do that. The roller ball also developed a leak so I\'m hoping that didn\'t affect anything.

I stopped using the SOE once the temperatures around here started getting pretty high, but I think I might start using it again in cool environments. I just hope the SOE I have left isn\'t tainted w/ -none since I\'m 18 and hang out w/ people that age. I might need to order a new bottle depending on what y\'all think I should do.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Question About SOE

Well, I don\'t believe I have heard or read anywhere about -Rone converting to -None. I think it has been well agreed upon and even in a study that -Nol definitely converts to -None though. The conversion is not quick, and i don\'t think you should worry about it, it isn\'t likely that the -Nol to -None conversion will cause you to OD.

The heat from the SOE being in your pocket also will not convert the -Nol. That takes bacteria...although that raises the question about the bacteria getting inside the roller top. If skin cells and hairs can get in there, why can\'t bacteria...well, that turns out to be a tougher question than expected...

Any ideas friends???

**DONOTDELETE**

hey thanks

I just thought about that bacteria thing...the alcohol in the container could kill it, so it wouldn\'t be able to live and convert -nol to -none

I think I will use my SOE at a party I\'m going to tonight, and if anyone else has any comments then speak your mind

**DONOTDELETE**

Good point. Come to think of it, you can usually smell the change in SOE, and that is attributed to the conversion process. I never smelled that in the bottle. Matter of fact, my bottle is empty now, and it still smells great!

upsidedown

I did some reading about none and nol on another web site I found last night. I think it was a report in some British publication. It stated that nol is what comes out in new sweat, and none is what nol becomes after it has been exposed to oxygen for a while.....it\'s what we have when we develop body odor. So, this report I was reading seemed to indicate that it is oxygen that converts nol to none over time. How long a time, I don\'t know. But I would like to know.

Does anybody have any idea of the length of time it normally takes for this conversion process once the nol is rubbed on the skin? I\'d kind of like to know myself because I seem to have better results from nol...and don\'t want to OD on none if I wait too long.

Phero Enthusiast

hi, i am chemist, you can read my previous post about Androstenol conversion to Androstenone. here it is

Androstenol is a secondary alcohol since its formula is
    16,5a-Androsten-3-ol 3-Ol means Alchohol
    CH value is

Androstenone is a Ketone since its formula is
    16,5a-Androsten-3-one 3-One means Ketone
    CH Value is

In organic chemistry, a secondary alcohol like Androstenol
    can be converted to Ketone like Androstenone. the chemical
    reaction would be:

C19H30O ( androstenol) + ( oxygen) = C19H28O ( androstenol ) + H2O

as you can see from the chemical equation Androstenol w/c has 19 carbon, 30 hydrogen and 1 oxygen atom can be converted to Androstenone if the Androstenol molecule would lose 2 hydrogen atoms. The 2 hydrogen atoms of Androstenol would react to oxygen upon the presence of catalyst to form water, Since the Androstenol Lost 2 Hydrogen atoms, it is chemically now known as Androstenone.

So it is really true that Androstenol can be Converted to Androstenone. But you must have the catalyst or certain
    chemicals w/c accelerates the combination of Androstenol
    with oxygen.

The difference b/w Androstenol and Androstenone is just 2 Hydrogen Atoms, If you remove two hydrogen atoms to Androstenol then it becomes Androstenone.

Unless you have a catalyst, the conversion of Androstenol to Androstenone is very slow.

upsidedown

Thanks. So, let\'s put this into real world application here. You say that unless you have a catalyst, the conversion of Androstenol to Androstenone is very slow. So then those of us using SoE, or SPMO or other products with nol in them are pretty safe? I\'m guessing then that we don\'t have to worry about our nol turning to none within 10 hours or so...and are pretty safe keeping our initial application on all day without worrying about it turning on us and giving us negative BO effects.

**DONOTDELETE**

hmm...I dunno. I still think its the bacteria that turns the -nol to -none, but of course you would need oxygen for the bacteria to live

I\'m not quite sure I understand what you mean by that formula...what would the catalyst be? heat? because hyrdrogen and oxygen just don\'t bond at a whim, although I\'m not sure what the temperature needed for them to bond is

and now what you\'re saying makes me wonder if I should buy a new bottle of SOE. the rollerball has a slight leak and I\'ve had it in my pocket for like 8 hours for a few days one week

has anyone else had their bottle in a warm place for a while and noticed any changes in the smell? I honestly don\'t know quite remember the smell to look for -none and I may just be \"-none paranoid,\" although I know its a \"pissy\" smell

Phero Enthusiast

the catalyst to convert an alcohol like Androstenol to a ketone like Androstenone is a powerful oxidizer, the catalyst involve acids of exotic chemicals like Chromium Trioxide. I don\'t think bacterias have powerful acids enough to convert Androstenol to Androstenone that is why it take so much time and also the alcohol on the SOE would have already killed the bacterias present on your skin and on the SOE container.

**DONOTDELETE**

Right, stop flipping out. You have nothing to worry about. No ceinversion problems. Just use your SOE as if you got it today. Find another thing to worry about, since the problem seems to be so small.

Phero Pro

Hmm that brings me back to a point I thought about some days ago. What is the best place to store the mones ? What are the advantages / disadvantages of storing them in a freezer ?

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'m not sure about freezing, but there is an old post about how pheromones are amazingly heat resistant. I think it was a quote straight from Stone Labs that said Pheros have no problems even up to 60 degrees Celcius. Since they are organic molecules, I assume they denature when boiled, but O-chem was never my strong suit. Anyways, check the archives, as I\'m sure storage has been discussed before.

-Dr.B

**DONOTDELETE**

Just my $0.02...

The instruction sheet of the Pheromone Chemistry Set reports that should the pheromones in the vials crystallize, you can redissolve them by putting them in hot water, though not over 150°C. So I\'d say that unless you forget your lighter on inside your pocket where you keep the SoE bottle [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] or you get really (but *really* [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]) hot by seeing some gorgeous girl, you can stay safe that they aren\'t going to be damaged.

Thread Information