Close

Default JVK et al.: Block Your Own VNO (Part 2)

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I\'m one of those males (I\'m apparently not an alpha male, which isn\'t much of a surprise) whose negative reactions to both A1 and NONE outweigh the positive results from those pheromones. I really dig SOE\'s effects on me (I\'ve just ordered two more bottles), but it doesn\'t tend to produce overtly sexual reactions in females. So, I posted here about a month ago asking whether it was possible to block or suppress my own VNO in order that I could wear NONE and DIENONE without headaches, anxiety, and so forth. Got no response. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

An evening\'s Googling revealed that it\'s possible to temporarily suppress the VNO response of lab animals with Zinc Sulfate. As far as I can discern, this is safe, nontoxic, and has no long-term effects (actually, if I read the article correctly, Zinc Sulfate was rejected as a long-term VNO-suppressor for precisely that reason).

Questions:
    1) Has anyone used Zinc Sulfate for this purpose?
    2) Is it a good idea?
    3) How quickly does it wear off?
    4) Does it induce total anosmia (inability to smell)?

Zinc Sulfate is actually caustic, so it seems that a 5% solution is used. However, as with the \"minimalism\" favored by various members of the pheromone community, it might be good to use only what\'s needed to suppress the VNO for the duration of the pheromones\' action.

I\'ve had limited success, maybe only slightly above the placebo threshold, introducing topical analgesics onto my VNO (yes, doing this looks really, really silly). I find that I can still smell alright, but I don\'t react as badly to DIENONE and NONE.

Thanks!
    HB_88

This post does not constitute medical advice.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: JVK et al.: Block Your Own VNO (Part 2)

Well, -none was found not to stimulate the VNO. A1 was found to stimulate the VNO in women, but not in men. So, blocking the VNO may not be effective as both substances are probably acting through the olfactory receptors.

truth_II:

You\'re saying that NONE doesn\'t stimulate the VNO?! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I didn\'t know this. In either case, Zinc Sulfate can apparently induce temporary anosmia (no smellin\'). I\'d assume this means the normal olfactory receptors as well.

HB_88

And again, this isn\'t medical advice.

Enlightened One

James kohls theroy is that the VNO is pretty well much useless in humans and what actually occours is a hormonal reaction, to get a good whiff of pheromones the effects are whatever the compound is a1 rone none nol or couplins and that they affect you and others directly.

Thanks Watcher, that pretty much sums it up. As long as the hormone response (LH) can be demonstrated
    --as it has been, repeatedly in humans--the VNO debate makes no difference.

I\'ll be traveling by motorcycle for the next 10 days, and unable to check this Forum

JVK:
    Hope you see this msg before you leave; if not, I\'ll wait ten days or so, and then bump it to the top of the list. Let me rephrase the question in light of this new information -- I\'m going to ditch the VNO angle altogether. Would it be safe, reversible, and effective to block human olfaction (regardless of which specific systems were affected) by using a Zinc Sulfate solution? My goal, of course, is to prevent my being influenced by the pheromones I\'m wearing, whether they have an effect on my VNO, the rest of my nose, or anything else.

As a postscript, I ought to say that none of the local health food stores carries Zinc Sulfate... plenty of zinc, but not in that form.

HB_88

This post still doesn\'t constitute medical advice.

Dude,

You can always hold your breath.

Phero Pro

Sorry for becoming a little ot but I can\'t understand that some people have bad side effects from -none. It\'s pushing me even up somehow. I get a little sleepy from -nol .. well, honestly tired like hell. I never had bad experiences with -nol, not even in very high testing concentrations (6-8 drops of Pi/m).

Thread Information