Close

Default Aphrodisiac Drink Recipe

visit-red-300x50PNG
    We\'ve had some interesting threads on yohimbe and damiana before so thought there\'d be some interest in this recipe I concocted last night.

Damiana has some definite sexual effects, especially for females, but the tea is not the most pleasant tasting stuff and one seems to get different effects from water extracts versus alcohol extracts. Here\'s a drink that both tastes great and works. Recipe is for two drinks.

First make a strong, concentrated Di tea - I use one big tea \"ball\" stuffed with cut Di leaf in a big mug of water, put in a microwave to boil then let set for 15 to 30 minutes to steep. Remove and drain then cool liquid in mug.

Divide into two large highball glasses or the like, add three droppers of Di extract to each. Add vodka to taste, Red Bull, and ice then stir.

Repeat as necessary and party on!

The Red Bull does a good job of covering the Damiana off-flavors plus has enough caffeine to add energy. It\'s also lightly carbonated. The Damiana\'s most noticable effect is genital warming plus MAYBE a little dreaminess.

While I\'m against giving others drugs without informed consent, this might be an exception making it a fun mystery drink. Damiana doesn\'t compromise one\'s rational judgment or cloud the one\'s judgment so has few ethical problems.

Any suggestions as to a name?

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Aphrodisiac Drink Recipe

...how about an iced-dam-bull... (insert groan here)

FWIW, Damiana liquer makes a nice substitute for triple-sec in a LI iced tea...although it\'s hard to separate the specific aphrodisiac effect of the Di from the general relaxation effect of the alcohol.

I\'d love to try the damiana liquor but would have to pay a heavy freight bill since I haven\'t found a local retailer.

\"Dam Bull\" sounds like a good working title for now.

**DONOTDELETE**

Whitehall, I just ordered some Damiana off the internet a couple of days ago. It should arrive today. The website is:
    www.internetwines.com
    The price is about 24 dollars for a fifth, and the shipping was 11 dollars ground to Alabama. This will be the first time trying it, so it was worth the $35 to get it here.

Like I said - a heavy freight bill - $11!!! Plus $24 a fifth. Oscar sings its praises and I\'m dying to try it but I\'ve got plans to give my money to Bruce.

My drink cost maybe 10 cents for the herb, $2 for the Red Bull, $1 for the vodka and $1 for the DI extract - and that makes 2 drinks.

Likewise the Niagara bottled DI soft drink, now called Nexcite. Each bottle is reasonable but the shipping costs get yea. BTW, that\'s a major problem for small wineries - distribution costs and why you can\'t get the exotic stuff anywhere. It does gives one an excuse for a run up to Napa.

**DONOTDELETE**

How Bout \"Red Bone\"? As far as a name.

TCO

Could be some problems mixing Red Bull with alcohol.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_1435000/1435409.stm

**DONOTDELETE**

Whitehall and all;

I have used this recipe in the past and it works wonders. But I have used both Vodka and Everclear. The everclear seemed to be the best mixing/tasteing. Also have tasted a mix that used Tequila...was rather interesting.

Anyway if you are interested in this you may also want to add Horney Goat Weed.

Soak 1 oz of dried Damiana leaves in 2 - 3 cups of Tequila (or Vodka) for 5 days.

Pour off the liquids, strain and filter through a conical filter paper.

Soak the remaining alcohol drenched leaves in 2 - 3 cups of distilled or spring water for another 5 days.

Pour off the liquids, strain and filter as before.

Warm the water extracts to about 160ºF and dissolve in this half to one cup of honey.

Then combine the alcoholic two extractions. You can place a vanilla bean in the first solution (alcohol and damiana) and place in the bottle when you finish..adds a nice smoothness to it.

TCO

**DONOTDELETE**

Whitehall;

As I was thinking about the drink recipe and using damiana. I looked through some old notes on aphrodisiacs I did for an essay 10 yr. ago. Anyway have you ever heard of a herb called Zallouh. It is from Syria and Lebanon region. Similar properties of aphrodisiac nature. I have a recipe that calls for it as well as Yohimbe powder with some other stuff. Anyway was wondering if you or anyone else has heard of it.

Thanks
    TCO

Check out this:
    http://www.nutranex.com/product_history.htm
    For some info.

Default Zallouh

It appears that they claim that zallouh\'s main active principle is ferulic acid. Ferulic acid is fairly common as in such herbs as dong quai, a Chinese woman\'s herb, and is commercially available as a pure compound. The claims for ferulic acid are quite broad from helping prevent sunburn to building muscle.

I\'d be interested in trying some root tea of Zallouh but not buying the capsules. The capsules take a \"kitchen sink\" approach - lot\'s of good ingredients thrown together whether you need or want them or not. If you take the caps and you see an improvement, what part gets the credit?

In choosing \"aphrodisiacs,\" one must be clear about what you\'re trying to change or enhance. Many things can relieve a shortage - for example, if you\'re zinc deficient, then oysters may spark improvements or if your homones are low, then DHEA might be the ticket. For an otherwise healthy individual, there should be no shortages to relieve; aphrodisiacs then have to unbalance one in some direction to increase desire, performance, and/or stamina. That unbalance can have a cost. Ferulic acid might work to increase blood flow to the genitals; damiana seems to have that property to but this is a vague claim and can mean a lot of different specific modes of action. Di also acts centrally, in the head, something like pot.

Now a tea with zallouh and yohimbe might be fun so I\'d like to see the recipe and find a root source.

Default Niagara/Nexcite

Ordered a six pack of the Niagara/Nexcite damiana soft drink off eBay.

The blue color is quite lurid and highly unappetizing - Koolaid has better color! It has little taste beyond the sugar with no herbal undertones or overtones.

Worst, no damiana effects noted, either psychoactively or in the genitalia. At least from the experience of two experimenters, a waste of money.

The Red Bone recipe is much more powerful and really, really works.

Thread Information