Close

Thread: Supplements

Phero Dude

Default Supplements

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I was looking for the thread that was on here awhile back on workout supplements but couldn\'t find it - guess it\'s in the archives on the old board. Anyway, just wanted to mention glutamine (don\'t know whether it was mentioned in that thread). Was reading all the recommendations about glutamine as a must for anyone who works out on bodybuilding.com and decided to try it but was not expecting much since I\'ve found most supplements to be not that useful and my shelf is like a pharmacy with all the supplements I\'ve tried :-). Anyway, tried glutamine and this stuff is great - I made no adjustments to my workout (basically I lift weights 3 times/week and do high intensity interval training 5 times/week ) and the difference before taking glutamine to when I began taking glutamine is phenomenol. Just thought I\'d mention this as I\'ve always worked out like crazy, and while I had decent results, could never get to the level I wanted and glutamine seems to have been the missing key for me. Read about it on bodybuilding.com if you don\'t know anything about it.

Banned User

Default Re: Supplements

interesting ..

I have been considering an order at bodybuilding.com, which product did you buy?

Franki [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

I\'m too impatient to buy stuff online for the most part so I picked up a 500 gram tub of L-Glutamine 500 (Human Development Technologies) (in powder form) for approx. $26 from vitaminshoppe store near my house. But if you check the message boards on bodybuilding.com I\'m sure there are recommendations there as to which to buy.

Journeyman

Glutamine

Pick-up the ProLab brand, great price, great product.

It\'s really only useful when you\'re cutting up though. When you\'re restricting your food intake and trying to lose some fat, Glutamine is a great supp becuase you body will use it instead of muscle tissue for energy. Very good to take before and after cardio and weight lifting.

Mix about 5g of the powder in water or your protein shake.

If you\'re not trying to lose fat though, you\'re probably getting enough if you eat right. Glutamine makes up the majority of the amino acid pool in your system at any given time (about 60% of total AA pool).

Slate

Enlightened One

Dont forget protein powders ( i add glutamine to them and get the double benefit plus the super horny goatweed with tribulus and this stuff really kicks ass) has lots of other stuff like ginseng savata herb and gingko as well as zinc and magnesium sort of lets me run around like superman and its made a huge difference to my mental abilities (could also be however all the mind mapping and other accelerated learning stuff that i have been doing latley)

Phero Dude

Yeah, I\'m using the glutamine with Whey protein, alpha lipoic acid and xenadrine, together with a cutting diet as I\'m intent on cutting up, and the addition of glutamine has made everything come together - what works for one person doesn\'t necessarily work for another but in my case the results of adding glutamine have been literally unreal. Gingko I definitely like coz I\'ve noticed my mental faculties are so much better with it, but the downside is it causes me to bloat up big time so I stopped using it. Anyone else know of brain booster supplements that I could look at? Would appreciate any feedback on this.

Journeyman

Hey Pro,

I didn\'t realize you were cutting, I go through a ton of glutamine when I\'m cutting, I agree that it\'s worth it\'s weight in gold for preserving muscle mass.

As far as the \"Smart Drugs\"

Check out this link:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14932&highlight =vinpocetine

At the top of Page 3 (maybe bottom of page 2 depending on your browser) you\'ll find a ton of good info on not only smart drugs, but how they can be used to your benefit when you\'re cutting up. When you pull up that link, \"vinpocetine\" should be highlighted in red to aid you.

In particular are mentioned:

Vinpocetine
    Huperzine-A
    L-Tyrosine

Good luck man,

Slate

Phero Dude

Slate: thanks a bunch for this info on smart drugs. Read the thread you linked up and did more reading about the ones you suggested and think I\'m going to pick up some vinpocetine for starters as the data I read on it sounds pretty good. Thanks again!!

Default Vinpocetine

Love vinpocetine!

Of the varieties on the market, one stands out in effectiveness - Intelectol from Spain. Rather than swallowing a capsule, one places one tiny tab of Intelectol under the tongue. It\'s great for that late afternoon energy sag. A little more expensive but worth it.

http://www.intelectol.com/

Thread Information