Close

Default Rogue Male Goes Multi-Phero

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Gents,

The following is a reprint of a couple of experimental mixes I mistakenly posted off-topic on another thread:

RM and PI(w) don\'t mix perfectly. There\'s an obvious layering of clear liquids in the bottle when combined, and the mix clouds when shaken. It then clears and returns to the layered effect.
    But having a layering problem with something like PI(w) which doesn\'t stink, isn\'t nearly as bad as working with a mix like APC and (mineral oil-based) PI(m), which separates badly and can leave you with stinky spots when sprayed.
    This IS a mix worth trying, but I\'d recommend using a roller bottle or an old NPA bottle and shaking vigorously before application.

The really good news is that hidden within RM\'s intense fragrance is a FINE MEN\'S COLOGNE! It only needs a little diluting. I mixed the RM and PI(w) at 7:3 and the resulting scent was excellent!
    It\'s as though Stone Labs got some fragrance concentrate but didn\'t dilute it sufficiently to make it smell really good. Maybe they were afraid that the fully diluted scent wouldn\'t cover the A-None aroma. I don\'t know.

Anyway, after checking the mix of 70 drops of RM and 30 drops of PI(w), I decided to play with it a little. I added 10 drops of A1 and 5 drops of A-Rone. At this ratio, 70 RM : 45 unscented stuff, the fragrance started to get lost somewhat. I\'m going to let it steep for a day or two before deciding if I need to add some more RM.

At this point I\'m not shooting for any particular phero ratios, but rather just seeing how well the fragrance of RM stands up to mixing.

Since 7:3 seemed to be a good fragrance-cutting ratio, I went ahead with the chem-set experiment. I took 70 drops of RM and added 20 drops of A-Nol, 7 drops of A1, and 3 drops of A-Rone.
    The resulting mix showed no signs of any separation, but then I hadn\'t expected it would. And it smells just like a high priced men\'s designer cologne! Something in the same scent family as Issey, or Acqua di Gio, or RL Romance, or CK Eternity, or Dior\'s Higher!
    It\'s AMAZING how much better it smells diluted than it does straight out of the bottle!

The RM / chem-set mix has only got 4 pheros (N,L,D,R) compared to the RM, PI(w), A1, A-Rone one which eventually totaled 5 (including PIw\'s Copulins).
    I\'m really anxious to try them both!

Oscar [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Enlightened One

Default Re: Rogue Male Goes Multi-Phero

An interesting co use could be with RM (yes or attraction comes to mind) actually im surprised attraction and andro 4.2 dont get much discussion anymore.

**DONOTDELETE**

Or RM with NPA could be cool.

-The Bat

Atom-Bat,

You ARE relentless!
    Okay, so here\'s what I did.
    I was ready to whip up another batch of RM, A-Nol, A1, A-Rone, when I said to myself, \"How about substituting half of the A-Nol I put in last time with some NPA !?\"
    So I mixed the following using drops:
    70 RM
    10 NPA
    10 A-Nol
    7 A1
    3 A-Rone

Right after mixing, there wasn\'t a huge difference in the scent from the previous batch that had no NPA. You COULD tell there was a slightly heavier A-None presence, but it wasn\'t particularly pronounced.
    The next day it smelled as though it were HALF NPA , rather than merely 10% NPA. It\'s as though the NPA had vanquished all the other pheros in the mix and given them its aroma.

On applying the new mix I noticed immediately how much more intensely it smelled like A-None.

Let\'s face it, NPA\'s a great product, but compared to Stone\'s A-None, it\'s some dirty smellin\' stuff. When adding NPA to non-phero fragrances, this scent can and does complement and improve the fragrance of many colognes, but added to something already rich in pheros, the stink has nowhere to go but bad.

I liked the idea of adding the secret ingredients to my RM mix, but I\'m not too sure that I hadn\'t already done that before I ever tried adding NPA. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I can\'t imagine NPA as 30% of an RM mix. WAY TOO MUCH of an A-None OD! Not that you\'re increasing the concentration at all, just the STINK! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

So the mix smelled bad?

-The Bat

**DONOTDELETE**

Oscar, I\'m still interested in a theory on why the scent of a phero mix would change so much in a bottle. Do we still have the same ratio, or has other pheros somehow converted?!

truth,

It probably has something to do with the concentration of the scent. I\'ve noticed when drinking Absinthe, the scent of the stuff straight out of the bottle is nowhere near as pronounced as it is AFTER it\'s diluted 5:1 with water. It\'s only when the concentrated fragrance is permitted to \"bloom\" by being diluted that it reaches its full aromatic potential.

Maybe thats what\'s happening to NPA in the mix I made. It made itself comfortable, moving in on the carrier alcohol of the other less pungent pheros in the mix and bloomed like crazy!

I\'m going to mix up another batch of the RM recipe that I originally made without NPA and add that to this mix. Bringing the NPA content down to less than 5% should alleviate the stink factor. I hope!

Oscar [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

It makes sense that the \"smell/mg ratio\" should go up with diluted mixes, since diluted mixes tend to spread over a larger surface area. However, if the solutions mix well together, why would it take a day or more for the change to occur?

This may have implications for my \"rapid phero ratio testing\", where I dilute all the pheros individually with cologne and then vary the drop ratio of each.

truth,

Don\'t know for sure. Maybe there\'s a molecular level interaction that carries on beyond the point in time when the components are physically mixed. Like why you\'re supposed to allow coffee or tea to steep before serving. ( I always get a kick out of watching people at the convenience store waiting to get a cup of coffee from a pot that\'s still brewing, while stuff that has been sitting there 10 or 15 minutes is likely to taste twice as good! )

With concentrated scents or flavors I assume there\'s a point in the dilution process where the intensity of the aroma increases to a certain point, then diminishes with further dilution beyond that point of optimum bouquet.
    The stink component of NPA seems to follow this rule. I\'m looking for the diminishing effect now.

Thread Information