Close

Stranger

Default Hormone Levels and Pheremones

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I’ve got a question about taking supplements which affect hormone levels—would that then also affect the natural production of pheremones by your body? For example, taking Tribulis Terristris increases tesosterone level. Might that mean that more –none would be naturally produced, so it would be wise not to use as much –none as an added pheremone?? Thanks!

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Hormone Levels and Pheremones

Hi

I would consider the phero boost from any supplementation to be insignificant compared to the amount applied by the available products.

Boomshankah!

Before finding www.love-scents.com, I started taking DHEA and noticed an increase in my normal aromas, say, when taking off my shirt at the end of the day.

I didn\'t notice increased \"hits\" due to this; getting TE and NPA showed me what exogenous pheromones could do and what a hit looked like.

So, in my opinion, internal supplements might be a reason to cut back some on the exogenous pheromones. However, one needs to monitor the external variables anyway and these could easily swamp any supplement\'s increase of internally produced pheromones.

Be careful with supplements like the one\'s mentioned above - increased Testosterone increases the levels of DHT which is what causes hair-loss.

**DONOTDELETE**

Wilee,
    Supplements can affect prostrate gland as well. One I was taking impacted a test and I had to have a second series of tests
    to register normal after not using the supplement for 6months. The MD couldn\'t
    advise on long term use of suplement.
    Elk [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I\'m not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. However, supplements are unlikely to raise your testosterone level significantly. At least not enough to change chances of hair loss or of prostate cancer. John Nestler (an M.D.) did a study where he gave obese males 1600 mg/day of DHEA, with no side effects other than fat loss/muscle gain--at least in the short term analysis. Can\'t remember whether he checked PSA levels. Bill Regelson, M.D., at about 65 years old, said that he was taking DHEA (40 mg every other day)on the basis that if he waited for all the scientific studies to prove its worth, it might be too late for him to start using it.

I\'ve never tried the Tribulus, or tried to find scientific support for the claim it increases testosterone, but I\'ve taken DHEA, 50 mg/ every day for 5 years or more (before it became available other than by prescription-circa 1995). Never noticed any effect on my body odor, and have taken it off and on during the past 7 years.

M.D.\'s cannot advise on long term use of anything that has not been studied and reported long term. If they do, they run a high liability for suggesting the use of something unproven in extended clinical trials.

Thread Information